Petrabution
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The great abomination is finally here,” he spit in front of me, “You’re lucky I’m detained,”

“Why have you summoned me,” I‌ tightened my grip on Arachne, “You...”

“Yes, me.... Use your words,”

“Confirm something for me. Are you really the father of Elder Selviam?”

“Sadly, yes to that hybrid.”

This father who cared little of his own son, the Fallen Angel who tried to murder me, wanted what? his readings barren of any mana. For the opportunity of..., a violent jolt of pain escalated. I clutched at my bracelet, releasing Arachne who floated radiating a yellow tinge. Which she let her children out to roam with their little legs creeping onto me. Roughly they injected venom at distinct points on my body. I wailed like a banshee until control became the beasts.

“Perfect,” I snickered, “Alice has left,”

“We finally meet,” his body lunged, “Now, for our deal, let me out,”

“Why so eager? Why not let us have a brief conversation?”

Arachne strived to control me by tightening herself around, barring any movement. I internalized her energy; she disintegrated; leaving a trail of electricity. But a frigid sensation radiated my body using this excess power, extracting these claws. Relentlessly I clanged them together, creating a spark that became inflamed in a black hue. I stomped forward, aiming this weapon at Icarus’s chest, while he bared his teeth.

You have seen enough.

A brief darkness then floating inside this mind’s eye. I observed Violet’s hostility transferred into the claws that radiated a now obsidian mana. Each slash at Icarus’s chest he howled, as these wounds sprouted out little roots. So that his chains loosened, allowing him a range of motion, kicking me in the chest. I flew several hundred feet into pillars that collapsed. Only standing with this wobbly gait, these claws dragged on the ground.

“Fuck,” Violet wiped blood off her lip, “Lucky shot,”

“Lucky shot?” Icarus grimaced, “You aren’t even on my level,”

“Are you calling me weak?”

“Yes, you haven’t grown into your powers yet.”

I sprinted at Icarus, unsteadily hitting him; that he dodged with ease. Icarus slammed his chain on the back of this head. My vision doubled as I tumbled down the stairs, slamming this head a few times. And laid on the bottom step; peering upwards at a trail of blood. I clawed my way to Icarus, who snickered at this state of mine.

“Look at your injuries, you are so determined,” Icarus groaned, “What is it you want?”

“Answers,”  I forced myself to stand, “Who was the one to order my death,”

“Who? I can’t say the specific name, but the Gods themselves.”

“This is a part of our deal. So tell me more.”

“Are you sure you want to keep talking? Your other half is listening to everything.”

“Fuck…”

“You can’t even control her. Look how weak you are.”

Enjoy your past.

Why is it so dark? Arachne?

Goddess wait there, I will find you.

I dropped onto a hard floor, cowering in an indistinct corner. Heavy stomps echoed in the empty area as unknown beings swarmed. I focused this eyesight on a lone lightbulb swinging from a black wire. Where an enormous figure blocked the light, stepping back as this source dimmed. Three demons stood in the recesses, each with an unusual characteristic.

In the rear, one demon held his elongated black horns, struggling to stay balanced. Next to them a female’s mouth, covered with an unpleasant leather restraint. So the giant in front grimaced, showing his sharpened, rotting teeth. When I peered into his blood-red eyes, he reached downward, pulling a red music box into my view. This demon turned the handle as the cogs rotated, playing an endearing song.

“Dance monkey dance,” he smacked the box, “This damn thing’s lever is stuck,”

“Who gave that to you?” I tensed my muscles, “Was it the beast?”

“Our master Violet let us out from our imprisonment.” he poked at the box, “She gave us free rein to give you a little present.”

“Violet? Is that what she calls herself?” My eyebrows scrunched, “What can you do——”

“Let us just say,” the heavy-horned demon smirked, “You know us from back in the day,”

“She used you,” I‌ howled, “You want a fight, I‌ will give you one,” my body trembled.

So that the demon twisted the music box’s handle, my hands shook in an awkward motion. The massive brute chuckled as he kept cranking his little box. My arms swayed left and right like a gust of wind. I whirled around twice; arms extended to the heavens. For I stepped back with my left foot, repeating these motions in an opposite direction.

My dancing became free flowing like an extension of nature. Elegantly leaping several times into the air and further intricate movements. I huffed, staring at these demons whose faces turned pallid. The now glass box fell and shattered on the ground. All tension relinquished from my body; I stared at this white glow outlining me, fascinating.

In a readied stance, the demons rushed towards encircling me. The horned demon rammed my side, pushing me against a wall. This damn Black tooth demon bit into my arm, when punching his face repeatedly; he let go of his grip. Several teeth protruded from this arm that blood drip down; the horned beast rushed me. For yet an echo of Arachne’s voice startled the female into a defensive position.

The female ripped off her mask; she screeched at an unbearable decibel. This action affected everyone in the vicinity. I‌ fought the horrid noise by covering these ears that bled. Painstakingly grasping her jaw and lifted her several feet off the ground. Her arms flailed, scratching up my body, tossing her against the wall. I succumbed to injuries on my side, biting my tongue then rolling over into the fetal position.

“Goddess,” Arachne yelled, “I found you, what happened?”

“I got into a scuffle with a few demons,” I sat up, “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,”

“No injuries anywhere on your body. How odd…”

I stood up as a curious crack in a wall caught my attention. Slowly this fist rose, banging on the wall that shattered; entering a dirt floor filled area. An arena? hopelessly looking upward at the immense size of a marbled coliseum. Arachne stood beside me where Violet appeared, with a bemused smile at the other end.

“Damn,” she clanged her bloody claws, “I‌ thought I‌ had more time with Icarus,”

“I‌ am tired of you controlling me, Violet,” I snapped, “If violence is the only answer, I‌ will use it,”

“You finally grew a pair, instead of being a little bitch.”

“I’ll show you who the bitch will be after this fight.”

I‌ walked bravely, holding onto Arachne for dear life. Each action in slow motion, siphoning energy into her from this core. A white flame emanated from my hand, covering Arachne. While rolling her around in my fist, Violet came charging ahead. I blocked her claws by grinding them against this chained fist.

“To slow,” she grinned.

“What do you mean,” I grasped my left arm, “Is this….”

Violet’s claws deeply gashed this arm for a black substance poured out, infusing with my blood. I‌ spit up some material, ignoring a sharp stinging in the back of this throat. Wearily spinning Arachne in a clockwise motion, a wave of pure mana pushed Violet back. I assessed my injury for a split second and, noticing my veins, popped an atrocious blue.

“Poison?” I spit up in my hand, “Cheap bitch,”

The chain extended forward as Violet turned to dodge. Arachne curtailed, hitting her claws, clang. Violet broke her fighting stance; she slid back from the brutal impact.  She paralyzed me with a blow to my abdomen as Arachne defended. As soon as I coughed up a black viscous liquid onto the marble floor. Violet fought with Arachne clanging against her claws.

“Had enough?” Violet snickered, “Of her fighting for you?”

I plucked out all three gems that combined and became an ominous color. Frantically throwing the egg that then exploded, now instead attacking Violet and I. These little spiders spread, growing massive, detaining us with their strength. Violet fought only that more spiders to join, forcing her down. Arachne transformed into human form; wiping sweat off her.

“You are distracted by your disdain for each other,” Arachne wailed, “Icarus has escaped,”

Icarus ascended above while destroying the roof, his black wings fully restored. A feather floated down that Elder Selviam clutched in his hand. I observed Icarus as he disappeared into the nimbus clouds. Which Violet silent in the depths seethed, leaving me to deal with this mess. Elder Selviam opened his hand, staring at the piece of his father. The feather turned into dust from his sudden flame and his eyes narrowed.

“What just happened?” Elder Selviam thrashed about, “Damn it,”

“Was that who I think it was?” Augustine raised his eyebrow, “How did he escape?”

“It’s my fault, I should have stopped her,” I fell to my knees, “My fault….my fault….”  Grasping my head.

A loud booming voice echoed in the estate, forcing Elder Selviam and Augustine to their knees. Which I stood up, staring upwards at the gaping hole. A compelling energy brought out Violet, who gained control; she allowed co-consciousness. An ability she shared before that I learned from that book “Psychology and You”. A similarity to dissociative identity disorder, how fascinating that these correlated.

“Speak you damn god,” I sneered, “Say what you will say,”

“How dare you, abomination,” he scoffed, “You have unleashed the fallen angel on the world,”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“Beware your ignorance to this world. You will regret what you have said today.”

1