Chapter 4: Inheritance part 3
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grim stands up from his half-kneeling position, wipes the dust off of his right knee, then recalls the earlier experience.

'Hmm, I seem to be unable to remember what exactly happened, all I know was that it was too painful and nauseating.

It must've been mentally exhausting since some memories fail to resurface, well no worries.

Eventhough it almost costed me my life, the rewards are enough to make it worth the ordeal .

Soul Search, so that's one of the highest spiritual spells of Terrah the old man was referring to. 

It's most definitely useful since it allows me to scan the memories of the soul then learn their expertise making me instantly proficient whether they be spells, skills, or professions.

Plus there's also a Lich sealed inside the dragon's corpse. A good target to test my new spell on.

The old man really prepared quite the gifts.

But the method of absorbing the dragon's corpse...

It can't be helped. Sigh'

When Grim finished thinking, he grabbed the mithril dagger then proceeds towards the rotting body of the dead dragon.

"Fascinating for a dragon's corpse to only slightly rot after centuries, the high residues of mana that is naturally gathered in its flesh is still not dissipating."

 He commented, after standing and admiring its majesty. He stabs the dragon's chest and cuts it open.

Any normal weapon wouldn't be able to cut or even dent the dead dragon's flesh and scales, but mithril has the ability to cut and tear apart mana bodies.

After an hour of dissection and extraction, Grim finally finishes his first objective.

Laid before him, 2 dragon cores and a Lich sealed within a transparent cocoon with runes all over it.

The mana core in the form of a diamond, the size of an adult's fist, emits a blue glow signifying the dragon's majestic mana within.

The dragon's beast core on the otherhand is a rectangle-shaped dark ruby that shows a purple color within when light shines upon it. 

"It appears this dragon corpse belonged to a Dark Dragon due to the color of it's beast core, the purple coloring within is some of it's blood/ life essence, and the outer dark hue is proof of its dark elemental essence. Absorbing this will greatly boost my dark magic attribute since darkness is my highest magic affinity. Great-grandpa, thanks again!"

Grim was like a child with a new toy the moment he found out it was a Dark Dragon's corpse, that shows how significant it is for him.

'Then next, the Lich'

Grim scanned the next gift, an 8ft Tall Lich with ivory-like skeletal body. It doesn't have any clothes, gears or equipments, and seems to be unable to move due to the sealing runes surrounding the cocoon it's in. The most eyecatching thing about it is its eyesockets which contain each a green colored flame that burns chaotically while flickering from time to time.

This piques Grim's interest, so he approached and laid his gaze upon its eyesockets to check if it's conscious, as if noticing his approach dark dots appeared between each flaming eyesockets and the lich makes eyecontact with him.

It was as if both were staring into the abyss upon looking eye to eye, Grim had a nonchalant look while the Lich's gaze is unable to show any emotions due to the lack of facial features.

"You will serve your purpose."

Grim said as he places his hand on the Lich's skull, his hand passes through the crimson cocoon as if it were air, upon establishing contact, Grim activates the Soul Searching spell which instantly consumed half of his mana.

As if sucked in, Grim was dragged into a dream-like environment, he was experiencing a lot of things from childhood to adulthood, joy, sorrow, love, pleasures, suffering, schemes, fear, hate, misery, hopelessness, madness, battles, loneliness, hope, finding a necromaster's inheritance, excitement, learning dark magic, getting revenge, causing massacres, conquering lands, ruling a nation, becoming a lich, subduing a continent, getting sealed and captured by an unknown entity, helplessness, darkness, meeting a young stranger eye to eye, feeling mana from a palm placed on its forehead, sensing the weakening of the restraining seals, being able to finally move, regenerate mana, and cast spells, mana shield, freedom...

That felt like a lifetime for Grim but only 1 second after casting Soul Search.

When Grim learned about what the Lich was thinking from Soul Searching, he immediately pulled his right arm which was holding the Lich skull's forehead, but it was a moment late.

The mana shield around the Lich was erected, it cut off Grim's arm which was still within 180 degrees from being pulled, leaving a wound and a sharp bone on Grim's right arm, and at that same time Grim already casted a strengthening and coating spell then mana surrounded his whole body most specially his right arm.

He stabs with his right hand's sharpened bone, not minding his wound and the enemy's mana barrier, into the Lich's skull.

*BAAAAAAANNNGGGG!

1