Chapter 68: A meal with the prince?! With a high chance of needles?!! NOPE!!
4.9k 60 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Done."

Ha...that was tiring...on the mind...

I really miss the convenience of writing things on a keyboard rather than by hand…

Of course, I only wrote down the stats sheets for the Maid-Knights that are here.

As for the rest, I’ll ask for their permission later. I mean, their info is already in my head, so I did read bit when it all flowed into my mind, but I refuse to access it completely and write it down until I have said permission.

For those curious, I made a floating solid space 'block' to act as a table instead of using the altar.

"Nee~~, nee~~, let your super best friend see what you wrote down! I totes want to know since there were so many lights and you looked so serious while writing!"

Says Ludovica, who didn't stop hugging me all this time and she has now casually squeezed herself under my arm.

The reason? She couldn't reach the top of my shoulders.

She did try and in a rather...cute way...but gave up.

"Hmph, there was nothing unexpected. The crystal of revelation fulfilled its purpose. Nothing more. Nothing less."

I say so while grabbing the sheets of paper and accommodating them nicely.

"That still makes me curious!! Nee~~, neee~~, I did a good job today; can't you consider showing it to me as a reward?"

She is shaking in expectation like a little kid...this gal...she probably is way older than me and she is acting like this...

Well, that bit is fine by me since I’m a weeb familiar with the young-looking old lady type of character. Even one of my waifus was a member of that type. Of course, that was before finding true wisdom with besto waifu.

She was a certain vampire with a voice you just wanted to kiss and a really long name. Can you guess it in a shot?

Heh.

But sadly, I can't find that charm on Ludovica...

"Nuu~~, I feel that you are thinking something very rude, Auros."

"No, I was not."

How the heck is it that they can do that?! Erevain does it. Sophie does it. Now Ludovica too.

I really don't think that I am that easy to read! Or am I?!

Grr…I better put her attention elsewhere, so let’s turn around and ask my Maid-Knights for their permission to show this gal their info.

"Do you mind if I do it?"

"I know you don't mind, right~~?"

So says Ludovica while trying to look cute by smiling and winking, but that is only making her look more and more like gal to me.

Heck, I can almost see the gal-like filter that she would use if she were to take a selfie while making that pose.

"I do not mind, My Lord. Her Holiness is someone that can be trusted, even if she is somewhat quirky."

“Eresh~~~, I so knew you wouldn’t mind!”

Overjoyed by Erevain’s response, Ludovica exclaims that while trying to go and hug her, but I stop her by pulling her from the back of her robe’s neck like a puppy. Yep, that means she under my arm again.

"My, I do mind, but if my dear Master wishes to do so, then there is no problem."

Says Gabrielle with an apparent smile, but I can clearly feel her hostility towards Ludovica.

Although...it feels like the same hostility that she showed to Erevain not too long ago. So, does that mean that she considers Ludovica as a rival…?

Nonononononono, no! She is nowhere near that position!! You can rest easy, Gabrielle!! Forget about what happened when we arrived!! It is not like that!!! She is only a pervert and maybe, just maybe, the one to fulfill the 'wacky friend' position! Nothing more!

"Rude."

AGAIN?! HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT?! ALSO, STOP TRYING TO PINCH ME! IT JUST TICKLES!! I AM NOT GOOD WITH TICKLES!!

"PFFT—!"

CRAP!

“…!"

THAT SHINE IN HER EYES!!

"Heee~~~, a weakness!! HOLY TICKLE BARRAGE!"

NOOOO! STOO—!

"PFFT—! HAHA—! NNNHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ST-STOP HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

THIS GAL! SHE IS TICKLING ME ALL OVER MY TORSO AND RIBS!!

"STOP! HAHAHAHHAHA! NOOO! HAHAHAHAHA!"

"THERE!”

“Ah!”

“Ehehe! Got the papers~~~!"

She used the chance my reeling of laughter gave her and took them!

"You...!"

Grr…not only am I still holding my stomach, but since she made me laugh to tears my face is all red now…

Let’s just…let’s just look at how my maids are reacting to this…

Lucy, Erica and Erevain look happy. Erevain even looks beet red. Did she like to see me laugh? I think so, judging by the ‘so you can make that kind of face too’ look she is giving me now and…ahh…I’m getting even redder now, so let’s move on to the next maid…

Bertia looks...jealous? Ah, but in the ‘aw that looks fun’ kind of way. Meanwhile, Gabrielle is clearly annoyed, although I commend her for not reacting violently. Even if she has never done so in front of me, it is still commendable.

“Making Master laugh before me, but...nnn...she looked so adorable...”

She is also murmuring that. Now, that, is an internal conflict. Although, it also makes this more embarrassing for me...I'm glad that I can’t get any redder than I currently am. Mika seems irritated but is clearly holding back her desire to scold Ludovica.

"Now let's see~~. Umm? What is this? Aurooos~~, why can't I read any of this?"

I can’t help but smile at the look of confusion that she is giving me now.

“Heh, because it is written in a language I only know, of course. A logical precaution to take when valuable information is in physical format, as you would understand. All in case it is stolen.”

I say so while fixing my posture, crossing my arms under my chest, and giving her a smug smile as revenge! So sweet!

"Eeeeh~? But...but...my blessing is supposed to help me understand all the languages of the people of Arte. I even studied them all very hard despite of my blessing...so how come there is one I don't understand?"

Muahahaha! She looks so confused! Just like a kid who opened their Christmas gift thinking that it was surely a Gameboy Advance, but it was damn pair of socks inside the box of a Gameboy Advance!! That was a bad joke, Nana!!!

"Fufufu~~, your grandmother sounds quite fun."

She was, she really was.

Anyways, I can't tell Ludovica that it is precisely because the language I used to write the stats in is not from this world. Normally, Nerinne's blessing lets me subconsciously write in the language of the receptor, but if I focus, I can still write in…let's say, English. And that is what I did.

Still, it must be weird to hear her speak in English while saying that she doesn’t understand it, but don’t worry, that is just another isekai thing.

Now, if that language turned out to be so OP for written magic or enchantments, then that would be and isekai check! Wait...it is not kanji based, so maybe not? Hmm...

Oh well, time to move really quickly and take back the stat sheets from Ludovica’s hands.

There.

"Aurooos, you are so mean...I thought we were friends..."

She says so while looking at me with puppy eyes...

"Dear, do not bully Ludovica more than necessary."

But it is necessary!

"No, it is not. Besides, I know it is a repeat of before, but you do think of her as a friend deep in your heart. After all, you act more relaxed with her."

...

Finee...

"We are friends, Ludovica. But I think it will be better to wait after we finish with what is happening in the capital before telling you and showing you everything."

I say so while hitting her softly in the head with papers, in an obviously endearing way.

"Nuuu~~~, you promise?"

She is looking up at me now...

She also looks cute...

NO! Take that out of your head!

Ah, I'm already looking away while putting one of my hands on my forehead...I give up...it seems this tsundere reactions of mine are instinctual...

"Y-yes, I promise."

"Ehehehe, then it is fine, Auros~~."

She says that with a big smile on her face.

________________________________________________________

After that promise with Ludovica, we discussed with everyone about the time and place where we will meet before going to the ball. We also confirmed the dress code and so on. But then we were interrupted by someone knocking at the door.

It was a paladin, and he had a letter for me.

Sadly for Ludovica, that same paladin was also there to take her to her next appointment. As such, she had to say goodbye to us right there in the chapel and missed the chance to see what the letter was about.

As for us, we are now walking towards the Cathedral’s exit.

"An invitation to a meal with Prince Licht, My Lord?"

Says Erevain with a surprised expression.

"Indeed, that is what the letter is."

"May I, My Lord?"

I nod at her question and give her the letter, which she immediately opens with care, her expression turning serious as she reads it.

"It was written by Mary, but this is indeed Prince Licht's seal..."

She is referring to her brother like that as a precaution, but Mary is a different case because not many people know her name. Which is normal if you think about it. Just ask yourself, how many people in your city know you by name?

It's like that.

And no, I am not referring to your online name like Nyancat69 or something like that, heh.

"Hmph, he is most probably planning to ascertain my motives for being here and such. Although, I cannot dismiss the possibility of him trying to pressure an answer out of me. As useless as that may be.”

I say so as I fix my gaze on the opened wooden door of the Cathedral or more like on the black-haired maid that is waiting there.

"My, my, such a rash move for someone who I thought to be more…meticulous. He has truly changed in a disappointing way through the years I see."

Says Gabrielle in a concerned and even sad tone. She has been Erevain's friend since they were studying, so I guess she knew Licht in a more personal way.

"No, he is capable of using any option available. Even if those options are terrible, like—!"

Erica, who was in the middle of talking, falls silent when her eyes catch sight of the black-haired maid I mentioned before. She has gone wide eyed and is now clenching her lips.

I can even feel her dormant anger slowly waking up.

"...Mary."

She whispers that as she starts clenching her fists and…this can be bad if we don’t do something about it.

"Erica."

"Erica."

So both Erevain and I do just that, and immediately call out to her while putting our hands on her shoulders, making her snap out of it for the most part.

"I...apologize, Master, Leader. I thought I had moved on, but..."

She looks down as she says that.

"There is no need, I understand how you feel in this very moment, Erica. I do. There are so many questions I would like to ask her and some not in an acceptable manner..."

So admits Erevain with a heavy look in her eyes.

"Feelings like those will always leave mark even if we think they are gone, you are not at fault."

I say so with complete honesty.

"Thank you, I...will do better."

Then, she looks at both of us before saying that and nods, to which we answer with a nod of our own.

With that done, I look again at the maid who is waiting by the entrance and she is looking back at us with those red ruby eyes of hers. It’s clear that she’s studying us.

Still…that’s Mary…Erevain's childhood friend...the one who changed sides and is now helping the apparent traitor of a brother she has.

I say apparent because I did tell Erevain that I would support her in her belief that Licht wasn't able of betraying her.

Even if I think that Licht is a yandere brother-con.

Also, she might have regained her composure now that we are about to reach the entrance, but Erevain did have a complex expression on her face just a moment ago, one made of a bundle of feelings that hasn’t left her eyes completely. All as her gaze is directed at Mary.

"Good afternoon, esteemed Lady Argento. My name is Mary Ibaaru and I am his Highness' personal attendant. I have come to take you to the meeting place where the meal will be held."

Says Mary after she respectfully bows.

She is also looking at me in the eyes without showing any sort of reaction. Just like she did not show any reaction to Erevain’s resemblance of Queen Theresa.

"Good afternoon to you too, Miss Mary. But I must say that sadly, with this being such a sudden invitation, I will not be able to present his Highness with the gifts from my country that I had prepared, for I do not have them on my person right now. Will that be a problem?”

So I say while sticking to my cover story.

"Not at all, his Highness, the Prince, knows that his invitation was a sudden one, so those parts of the protocol shall be ignored for today."

She shakes her head lightly as she says that, always maintaining a proper tone.

"Will one of my maids be able to accompany me or is this a more personal invitation?"

I would like to bring Erevain with me but...

"The Prince indeed wishes for a more personal meeting. Even I will be dismissed when the Prince arrives to the meeting place. It is all to ensure a friendly environment for the conversation that will take place."

...that is what I was expecting.

"My, my. Then I do not see why one of us cannot be standing in wait wherever you will be doing so. After all, you should understand that far from protocol, it is but common sense for our Master to have one of us at hand. Be it for menial tasks or...protection."

Ok, I did not expect this sharp stab from Gabrielle. And yes, she is still smiling, but she has opened her eyes and those...those are not smiling.

But again, Mary shows no reaction other than glancing at Gabrielle for just a moment. 

"Indeed, I do understand such concerns and my Master does too. That is why he has instructed me to leave the premises in their entirety the moment he arrives. His words being...'as a sign of absolute trust between our nations, let us enjoy a true conversation in equal conditions'."

"Hooh~~..."

'I'll risk myself, so you risk yourself too', huh.

But going by everyone's image of him, he is not that arrogant to go with just that. 

No, he clearly has something else planned. 

And I want to see it.

"Very well then. Gabrielle, Eresh, everyone, please return to the inn. I shall summon you after the meal ends."

I say so while turning around and facing them.

"Of course, My Lady. We shall be waiting for your summons. And we wish for a successful meeting between both parties."

So says Erevain after seeing the glow of interest in my eyes and probably deducing that I will not budge, all as she bows in a proper manner and everyone else follows her lead.

"This way, Lady Argento."

Says Mary motioning at a carriage with her hand.

And so, we both get inside of it.

__________________________________________________

It has not been that long since we got inside the carriage, but Mary, who was looking out the window, has now turned her attention to me.

"If I may, one of Lady Argento's maids looked as if she had seen a ghost when she saw me. Was she alright?"

If one only went with her words, one would think she is saying them with some concern in her tone, but there is none.

She is also clearly referring to Erica.

So, I smile at her, all while feeling how my eyes are starting to glow and change color slowly.

But I quickly hold that back and speak.

"She is alright, thank you for your concern. Although, I do not think it was a ghost, but more like an… ogre."

Her eyes widen just a small bit with my words. But that is not all, one of her hands also twitched lightly, it is most likely her instinct telling her to form a fist, but she has successfully held back.

"Has she never seen an ogre before?"

She asks with a tone just a bit more intense than before. It is still barely within the borders of proper, though.

“Huhu…”

I giggle lightly and shake my head.

"On the contrary, she grew up with one. She was like a sister to her, but then that same sister betrayed her, leaving her alone to be captured by lizardmen. I do not want to think what would have happened to her if my head maid had not found her in time."

Her eyes widen a bit more and I can also sense a bit of nervousness coming from her. Still, she is quite good at hiding her emotions for the most part, even if her body language is starting to betray her.

"That is a truly woeful story. I apologize, Lady Argento."

"No need."

Oh, but even if you apologize, you are now curious, and no matter how much you try to bottle up that curiosity, there is something opening that lid.

Your guilt.

Come on, ask me the question that is now stuck in your throat.

Try and seek for an answer to that which ails your heart.

"...Lady Argento...if I may ask a question..."

Hook, line, and sinker.

"Of course."

I say maintaining my smile, one that even reaches my eyes.

"If Lady Argento were to find that ogre, what would be your plan of action?"

"Oh, that is simple. I would listen to her reason and if it is something done for the greater good, then I might spare her life. But if not, I would end her life right where she stands."

I say so while liberating a small quantity of intimidating pressure, which puts her in a more alert state, but my words do pierce through her combat instincts and she immediately lowers her head lightly.

"Yes...that would be the proper way to act in that case. After all, she did betray those she considered family..."

A heavy smile forms on her face as she says that.

And I believe that we will not talk anymore for what’s left of the way.

_____________________________________________

The place where the meal will be held is a luxurious restaurant near the palace.

It seems Erevain's brother asked to have the whole place for himself because I did not see anyone else.

And all the staff was in the kitchen, holding a meeting. At least that is what my OP senses told me.

Which means that was the case.

But I digress.

I was guided by Mary to a private room where there was a table, two chairs, and a teapot with perfectly timed ready-to-be-served tea.

And so, she served me said tea and left the room with the expected polite words of the Prince’s soon arrival.

But I know she was lying.

Why?

Because the tea I am currently drinking is poisoned.

My instinct is telling me that it is meant to make me sleep.

It doesn't have any effect, though. Thanks to my OP [Abnormal Status Resistance].

Mary is also probably waiting for the tea to take effect as she is currently just outside of the room.

She doesn't know that I can even hear her heartbeat.

And so, I wait...

And wait...

And wait a bit more, until the door to the room opens once again and Mary enters the room while—WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE?!!

SYRINGES??

SHE IS TRYING TO DRUG ME?! EVEN AFTER 'POISONING' ME?!!

THEY ARE TOO BIG! FUCK, NO! JUST NOPE!!

"You are feeling unwell, please rest."

CONTRARY TO YOUR WORDS YOUR FACE IS NOT SHOWING ANY CONCERN! NO, DON'T COME CLOSER!!!

I was going to do this escape silently, but now I need something to calm myself down...man those things are really scary...

Seriously, I could have teleported away before she even entered...what an idiot...

“Do not make any unnecessary movements, it will only take a moment.”

AAAH!! I'M DOING THIS!! I'M SO GLAD WE ARE ALONE!!

I immediately get up from my seat and jump back a bit, surprising her.

Then, I activate my [Pleasurable Hands] skill and focus it on my two biggest fingers.

"Way of the Heavenly Fingers..."

I start one of my ultimate technique's chant that I thought about while letting my imagination run wild some time ago.

I concentrate on my speed and go towards her.

"...!"

I bet that she thinks that I just teleported.

But that is not true.

Time slows down.

The world becomes empty.

Even black and white.

All as I focus my instinct solely on her, looking...for...that...one...spot.

There! Right in the middle of her back!

"...[ONE STRIKE TO REACH THAT PLACE]!"

I strike at that single point with my two fingers and move farther behind her. Meanwhile, she turns around and begins talking as if nothing happened, but…

"Hmph..."

Three…

"...that..."

Two…

"...was..."

One...

"...useless..."

Zero...

"HNNNAAAAAHHHN—!!"

*thud*

And there it is.

She lets out a loud moan before being completely and utterly overwhelmed by the pleasure and faints, falling to the ground in an instant.

“Phew…”

This is much better than anything you were trying to do to me...even if I would've been immune to it and those n-needles wouldn't even be able to go through my draconic skin...

Or I could have simply teleported at any time...

WHAT?! I AM SCARED OF NEEDLES!! DON'T LAUGH!!

 

To be continued...(cue illustration of a chibi Auros scared of needles!)

From Auros' stat sheets: Gabrielle's Profile

Name: Gabriel→Gabrielle Eryn.  

Race: Human→High Human.

 

Gender: Male→Female.

 

Age: 24 years old.

 

Rank: A→SS

 
Class: Martial Healer Martial Art: Way of the Destructive Sage

Subclass: Alchemist (Intermediate)

 

 

Stats: 

 

·        Strength: A→SS

·        Intelligence: B

·        Agility: A→S

·        Mana: B→SS

·        Endurance: B→S

·        Constitution: A→S

Passive skills:

 

·        Leadership (Healer): A

·        Noble Presence: A

·        Humanoid Body Understanding (Combat & Healing): A

·        Knight’s Oath: A

·        Magic Resistance: S (NEW!)

·        Flower of the battlefield: S (NEW!)

·        Physical Resistance: B→S

·        Healing Aura: A→S

·        Rapid Healing: D→SS

·        Potion Making: C

·        Rapid Stamina Recovery: B→S

·        Fighter’s Instinct: A

·        Mana Regeneration: S (NEW!)

·        Combat Healing: A→SS

·        Martial Technique (Palm & Fist): A

·        Weaponized Body (Refined): A

·        Dragon Lord Slayer: SS (NEW!)

·        Abnormal Status Resistance: S

·        Forgettable Face: (REMOVED!)

·        Ki Sense

 

Active skills:

 

·        Enhance Endurance: B→S

·        Enhance Healing: B→S

·        Enhance Agility: C→A

·        Ki Strike: A→SS

·        Enhance Martial Skills: A→S

·        Exploding Palm (Forms 1 to 5): A→SS

·        Enhance Defense: B→S

·        Bone-crushing Palm: A→S

·        Enhance Elemental Resistance: D→S

·        Ki Counter (Area): A→S

·        Triple Effect: C→S

·        Fist of Destruction: A→SS

·        Fighter’s Will (Martial Arts): A→SS

·        Unleash Limits: S

·        Martial Healer’s Trance: A→SS

·        ?????

 

Unique traits:

·        Unaging (Race).

·        Recognized by the Sage: Perseverance.

·        Full Spectrum Healing Magic.

·        Pact of the High Dragon Lord (Voluntary).

·        Blessing for the worthy: Knight.

·        Blessing of Nerinne.

·        Ki Sense.

·        Blessing of the Spirits (Healer): Light & Nature.*

Magic:  
Light Attribute Magic. Nature Attribute Magic.
Combined Magic:  
Full Spectrum Healing Magic (Light side + Dark side)**  

 

Spells:

 

·        Inspect Wounds

·        Regeneration

·        Cure Wounds

·        Degeneration

·        Open Wounds

·        Fortify Body

·        Heal

·        Weaken Body

·        High Heal

·        Blessed Healing

·        Over-Heal

·        Cursed Healing

·        Traitorous Blood

·        Precise Healing

·        ??????

·        ??????

Titles:

Titles: Son of Eryn, Nomad, Child who climbed the Titan’s Peak, Survivor of the Titan’s Peak, Sage’s Untalented Disciple, Unwanted Rival of the Sage’s Inheritor, One Recognized by the Sage, Rival of the One Blessed by the Moon and the Red Scourge, Social Phantom, Curse Healer, Dark Healer, Pain Bringer, Bloody Healer, True Healer, Knight, Healer Knight, Bandit (Fake), Unknown Supporter, High Dragon Lord’s Left Hand Woman Candidate, Healer Maid, Head of the Healer Maid-Knights, Top Healer of the Maid-Knights, Ojou-sama, Noble Lookalike, One who peeked into life’s intricacies and was not corrupted.

Nerinne's Divine Glossary Corner:

*Blessing of the Spirits (Light and Nature): This type of blessing is different than that of Erevain’s. Healers need this type of blessing to be Healers. If not, they can access spells of both attributes, but not the combined magic for them, which is Healing magic.

**Dark side of Healing Magic: It is more of a figure of speech, a way to categorize, than it is actually involved with the Dark attribute of magic. Healing Magic is Healing Magic, but many healers are only able to access a certain spectrum of it. Be it purely heals or buffs. More advanced Healers can use both heals and buffs. And a few can go beyond, to the “other side”, where the hidden principles of healing magic and life are revealed. What can be given, can be taken.

Thank you for reading! I hope that you liked the chapter and the stat sheet! Now...as promised, here it is LARH's sketch of the winner of the first RR/SH popularity poll! Gabrielle!

LARH really nailed her! Thank you so much, LARH! She's gorgeous and it fits her victory speech so well! I hope that you like it as much as I do!

If you are hungry for more story, then head over to my patreon! There you will find the first bite of "Waifu Bites!" in which you'll get to read Nerinne's first meeting with Ilya and vote for the idea that will be adapted for the next bite! The one winning right now being “‘I’ll make maids out of you!’ Erica’s crash course!”. Also, if you just want to support me and the story, you can also do so via Ko-Fi! Either way, it will help me keep writing Auros' shenanigans!

Special thanks from the bottom of my heart to: EmbraceTheSleeb, Lord-Hollow, YukisoraRin, LordInquisitorSteele, Anon, Anon2, Tikku, Teresa, Ayth and Knight_Redundant!

Please do not translate my work without my permission. Favor de no traducir mi trabajo sin mi expreso permiso.

I'll be taking a break for tomorrow/today and monday. I need to work on some IRL stuff. So, see you on tuesday!

152