4. The Three Quests
712 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-The Three Quests-

Armed with his spare gear, Kenshin was now battle ready.

His target was the level 2 dungeon nearest to his home. Although he had gained new powers, he was not foolish enough to challenge a level 3 dungeon anytime soon. Besides if he accumulates enough materials from a level 2 dungeon, then he could get at least a thousand golds from selling them a day.

Sector 3 Dungeon, Mito

Mito, all total had three dungeons, two level 2 and one level 3. Today, he was going to the level 2 dungeon closest to his place. This dungeon had a bad reputation for its random monster spawning frequency.

Everybody knows that after every successful clear, a dungeon needs at least three days to reset. But only this Sector 3 dungeon was exempted from such rule. There were cases where it took months to reset too.

Due to this irregularity of reset frequency, the government had kept a constant watch over it.

The government didn’t charge the hunters an entrance fee, as clearing the dungeon was more critical. Or else if overflow occurs then many people would die. Therefore, Kenshin entered the dungeon without any difficulty.

Interestingly enough, the gate to this dungeon happens to be inside a ladies toilet room. This place was used to be a shopping mall before dungeons appeared and for some reason, the government decided to maintain the whole place as it was. It was a surreal sight to see so many people going inside a female toilet room in an abandoned shopping mall.

After verifying his hunter id and other relevant documents, Kenshin entered the ‘ladies’ room’ as it was the dungeon’s unofficial name.

The Sector 3 dungeon has three layers in total.

Zombies made up the first layer. They were easy to kill but very dangerous if touched directly. These zombies held no value to the hunters, but this floor had a place where black steel regularly appears. This black steel was a dungeon only material and had a very high drop rate.

This steel was mainly used for military grade gadgets and materials as they have a very high conductivity and melting point. Aside from that, it was also used to make low-grade hunter equipment.

The sword he was holding right now as well as the metal chest plate, they both were made from dark steel as well.

The market price of dark steel was  20 G/kg. Kenshin had planned to mine this material until half of his inventory slots were filled.

Taking a deep breath, he entered the first floor of the dungeon. Suddenly a notification appeared on his interface.

[Ding* You have entered Beginner level 2 dungeon, Ekla’s garden!]

[Ding* you have triggered three quests]

‘What!?’ Kenshin was a little distracted at the sudden appearance of the notification. Opening the ‘Quest’ menu, he found there were indeed three new quests flashing in golden glowing letters. 

Those are ;

[Quest 1]

[Kill 10 Zombies within five minutes]

[Rewards: 2000 Exp]

[Quest 2]

[Kill 100 Zombies within five minutes]

[Reward: 20000 Exp & 2 skill points]

[Quest 3]

[Kill 1000 Zombies within five minutes]

[Reward: 1 life]

Kenshin gulped loudly at the quests given to him. He was not even sure if he could achieve all these, especially the last one. Killing 1000 zombies within five minutes? Is that something a low-level hunter could complete?

If it was someone like Aoi, they could do it in a flash. But him! Not a single chance in hell, at least for now.

With a sigh, Kenshin stopped thinking about such depressing thoughts. Although the rewards of the third quest were great, still the danger within was too much for him to handle.

The reward of the third quest had struck Kenshin hard. An extra life! who wouldn’t want one? In this world, everybody was afraid of death, even him. And for something like this, which would allow him to cheat death! How could he say no to it?

Now Kenshin had become a little afraid of this system’s power.  

‘Whatever, this reward was still too far for me now. Lest concentrate on the first quest first’ Kenshin thought with a sigh.

Brandishing his long sword, he quietly moved to the zombie-infested floor.

[Zombie Lv 2]

[HP 50/50]

The system notified him of the zombies’ statuses.

‘Yosh!!’

Kenshin quietly walked behind a zombie and cleanly beheaded it with a single strike.

‘-100’ floated above the zombie as it died immediately.

[You have killed a zombie and gained 15 EXP]

‘So each zombie gives me 15 EXP on its death!’

Concluding this Kenshin realized the advantage of completing a quest. Killing 10 zombies would only give him a measly 150 experience points while finishing the quest would give him 2000 EXPs.

‘Continue!’ Kenshin excitedly yelled in his heart.

Repeating the same strategy, he sneaked at another zombie and beheaded it. Like this he continuously killed many zombies while amassing EXPs at the same time. It didn’t last long though. During his seventh kill, he made a mistake and alerted all the zombies nearby.

As the zombies slowly walked towards him, an excited gleam appeared on Kenshin’s face. His eyes shone with incomparable fighting spirit as he grabbed his sword more tightly.

Kenshin had joined a dojo during his early hunting years. He had learned all the skills necessary from the instructor. As a result, his fighting skills were not too shabby. Combined with his rich fighting experience, it was not hard for him to fight a group of zombies. And then there was his [Passive Regeneration] skill that continually regenerating his stamina, it was no problem for him to fight for a long time.

…Hack…slash…poke…evade…hack…slash…

[-100]

[-100]

[-100]

[-100]

Kenshin followed a rhythm and started laying waste to the zombies left and right.   

[Ding* Congratulations** you have completed Quest 1]

[You have gained 2165 EXP]

[Ding* Your level has increased]

[You have become level 6]

‘Finally!!’ Kenshin broke his rhythm and jumped back to a safe location. He had completed a quest and wanted to see the result.

He opened his status;

[Muto Kenhin][Human]

[Level 6][3735 Exps for next level up]

[HP 170/170]

[MP 19/19]

[ATK: 25; DEF: 21; AGI: 31; PHY: 17; LUK: 9]

[Unassigned Attribute Points: 4]

[Lives: 0] 

[Skills]

[1. Replication Lv 1][997 Exp to next level up]

[2. Passive Regeneration Lv 5][3340 Exp to next level up]

Out of four attribute point that he had gained due to level up, Kenshin allotted 3 points to PHY, increasing it to 20. Then he allotted one point to DEF.

After the allocation, his new stats become like this;

[Muto Kenhin][Human]

[Level 6][3735 Exps for next level up]

[HP 200/200]

[MP 19/19]

[ATK: 25; DEF: 22; AGI: 31; PHY: 20; LUK: 9]

[Unassigned Attribute Points: 0]

[Lives: 0] 

[Skills]

[1. Replication Lv 1][997 Exp to next level up]

[2. Passive Regeneration Lv 5][3340 Exp to next level up]

An increased physique will give a high amount of MP and lower the stamina consumption during a fight. It was vital for any player in an RPG game, not to mention this was a reality. Besides since he had not yet gained MP related stats, it increases randomly according to increased PHY.

Kenshin had decided to first give priority to DEF, PHY, and AGI. A high defense will allow him to endure more attacks while agility will ensure his safety. As for PHY, a powerful body will allow him to exhibit more power. This time he didn’t increase AGI because it was already 33. Any more and his stat would be unbalanced. Hence, he decided to leave that alone until he raises his PHY to a satisfactory level.

A base ATK of 25 was enough for now.

With this upgrade, Kenshin prepared to challenge his second quest. Amidst this excitement, Kenshin has already forgotten the real reason for him coming here.

Well, it can’t be helped.


Don't forget to rivew and comment!

11