5. Continuous Level ups
727 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Continuous Level ups!!-

Kenshin got ready to attempt his second quest.

Killing 100 zombies within five minutes. A few days ago, this was something he wouldn’t even have the courage to think. But now, he had the confidence and the ability to clear the task.

His confidence stemmed from his ‘Passive Regeneration’ skill.

It was a real game changer.

During his stay in the hospital, this skill had leveled up two times thanks to the wound he received. Although repeated use makes a skill stronger, it doesn’t apply to passive skills. It was only possible due to his interface.

At level 1, Passive Regeneration was able to restore 2 points of vitality(20HP) and a point of stamina, for every ten seconds. After reaching level 5, it had evolved into a near op skill.

Now he could restore the same amount of stamina and vitality in only five seconds. How cool was that!

1 point of stamina may sound lame, in reality, it was not. For example, earlier, to kill ten zombies Kenshin had only used 2 points of stamina while taking one minute to kill all those zombies. This means he had used 1 STA every thirty seconds. Virtually he has used no stamina to kill the zombies.

Kenshin’s STA was around 35…

Completing the second quest was possible!! This was what his heart and reason told him after the evaluation of his skill. A grin broke out on his excited face. Having full confidence to achieve his goal, Kenshin charged towards the hoard of zombies.

Using the simplest of the moves, he beheaded the first zombie with a sword swipe.

A notification box appeared;

[You have killed an Lv2 Zombie]

[+15 EXP!]

Zombies were dangerous despite being weak as fuck because they always come in a group. It was like they had taken the phrase ‘unity is strength’ to another level altogether. Killing one immediately alerted another, causing it to grunt and then stumble in his direction.

A few seconds later, it followed in the footsteps of its predecessor and dropped dead!

[+15EXP]

‘Two down 98 to go!’ Kenshin started the countdown.

4 minutes 49 seconds remained!

A sword swipe and two were beheaded. Leaning a little Kenshin formed a sword arc from bottom to top, killing two in the process.

96 zombies remained!

4 minutes 45 seconds remaining!

Kenshin increased his intensity of the attack. He began using every maneuver he learned throughout his life; kick, hilt-bash, swipe, slash, thrust, he used everything in his arsenal.

Suddenly a zombie crept up on him from his blind spot. Without panicking, he reversed his sword hold and thrust it to his back. It impaled the heart of the zombie, stopping it for a second. Then taking the advantage, he swirled on his toes, beheading it and a few more.

Out of all monsters, these low leveled zombies were easier to kill. Their strength lied in their large numbers after all.

As timer reached 3 minutes mark, Kenshin had only managed to kill 54 zombies.

46 zombies remained!

Performing these advanced moves were very taxing on his stamina. He had to take a break several times during these three minutes.

Kenshin smiled wryly. This quest was very tiring indeed. If he didn’t have his passive regeneration, then he wouldn’t have reached the current number. Still, he had only 1 minute 45 seconds left to kill the remaining 46 zombies.

Kenshin decided to abandon all reservations and remove his kiddy gloves. Holding his sword more tightly, he ran towards the hoard of zombies in a reckless abandon. The long sword flashed incessantly as he slaughtered the zombies. Using his only skill to its limit, he used every bit of his experience and fighting potential.

46 seconds!

25 zombies!

20 seconds!

12 zombies!

[Ding* Congratulations!!!]

[You have completed the Quest 2 in 4 minutes 51 seconds]

[Obtained 20000 EXPs and 2 skill points!]

[Ding* Your level increased to level 9]

[You have obtained 12 AP!]

Muto Kenshin was thrilled at this level up. It was always a joyous occasion to see his strength growing every day.

His current status was as follows;

[Muto Kenhin][Human]

[Level 9][1735 Exps for next level up]

[HP 200/200]

[MP 19/19]

[ATK: 25; DEF: 20; AGI: 33; PHY: 20; LUK: 9]

[Unassigned Attribute points: 12]

[Unassigned Skill points: 2]

[Lives: 0] 

[Skills]

[1. Replication Lv 1][997 Exp to next level up]

[2. Passive Regeneration Lv 5][668 Exp to next level up]

Even his passive regeneration had gained some experience and was now close to a level up. He was giddily anticipating his next level up for this passive regeneration.

‘Jackpot!!!!’ just as he was ready to make a victory pose, he suddenly remembered his purpose of coming here.

“Shit! I have forgotten about my main purpose of coming here!!” his unintentional yell was too loud attracting all the zombies on the floor.

Currently, more than 200 zombies were roaming around. When they heard Kenshin’s yell, they immediately made their way towards him while moaning and groaning. But this time, Kenshin was not afraid. He had already leveled up to become a level 9 hunter.

He hurriedly invested his APs; 10 to PHY and the remaining two to ATK.

His new stats have become like this;

[Muto Kenhin][Human]

[Level 9][1735 Exps for next level up]

[HP 300/300]

[MP 30/30]

[ATK: 27; DEF: 20; AGI: 33; PHY: 30; LUK: 9]

[Unassigned Attribute points: 0]

[Unassigned Skill points: 2]

[Lives: 0] 

[Skills]

[1. Replication Lv 1][997 Exp to next level up]

[2. Passive Regeneration Lv 5][668 Exp to next level up]

With this kind of stats, he was a little confident on killing these zombies. With the increase in PHY, his stamina also increased. Now his stamina reached 50.

Suddenly a notification popped up, surprising him a little.

[Ding* Your STA reached 50 points among all your sub stats!]

[As a reward you have learned a passive skill, Tireless Body]

[Tireless Body Level 1][1000 Exp to the next level up]

  • Tireless Body limits the secretion of fatigue toxins in your muscles, making it impossible to tire out in a long drawn fight or activities.
  • At level 1, Tireless Body limits 1% of fatigue toxins’ secretion]

[Your stamina consumption has decreased by 1%] 

“Fuck! This is too sick!”

He already has a passive healing skill, now he got another that limits the stamina consumption. At this rate, he would become a perfect machine that never tires out.

With a 1% reduction in stamina consumption, his efficiency increased 10 fold. A warrior's biggest problem was his stamina consumption. The more complex a move was, the more stamina it consumes. Now that he got a skill which limits that very weakness of the warriors, Kenshin was very happy.

Like a tiger facing a hoard of sheep, he slaughtered the zombies left and right without much difficulty. Within 10 minutes he had cleared the 1st floor of the dungeon.

270 zombies have given him around 4050 EXPs, making him level up once more.

[Ding* You have leveled up]

[Congratulations on reaching Level 10!]

[You have unlocked system store facility!]

[You have unlocked class system]

[You can choose one of the following classes]

  1. Knight (a fixed increment of STR and DEF)
  2. Paladin (generates INT stat, a fixed increase in DEF, STR, and INT)
  3. Magic Knight (generates INT stat, a fixed increase of INT and STR and DEF)

 

11