10. Chapter 10
1.2k 17 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the series of notifications began to pop in, Kenshin just sat down where he stood after killing the mini-boss. It was very exhausting for him to handle a boss alone with his low-level combat power.

As he sat down to regain his energy, he began scheming through the loot and gains he had received after killing the boss.

As he had completed the quests given by the system, he had gained a level and 1000 Golds as rewards. He was now a level 11 hunter. As his class was a magic knight, he had received a fixed 3 points increase in INT, STR, and DEF each.

Out of 4 unassigned points, he had invested 2 points to PHY and 2 to INT.

The current attribute stats are as such;

[ATK: 30; DEF: 23; AGI: 33; PHY: 32; INT: 24(+2); LUK: 9]

With the increase in INT and PHY, his max HP was now 320 while max MP was 52. Then he checked out the title he had received.

[Bane of Specters]

[+1% increment on attack power for every specter killed. 50% more defense while facing a specter class monster. 50% immunity against all specter class magic attacks]

Wow!!!

It was a very useful title, especially against specters. Kenshin was very happy at the reward he had received. He immediately equipped the title.

[Ding* You have equipped the title ‘Bane of Specters’]

As the notification box popped in, Kenshin felt a sudden change in his body. He felt like he was wearing a thin film of cover above his body that was protecting him from something.

‘Is this the effect of the title!?’ he wondered, examining his body carefully. Then he opened up his inventory and pulled out a boney sword and a white shiny chest plate.

The sword had the same length as his long sword. It had a white texture as it was made of bones and lacks a hilt. There are runes covering its blade.

[Skeleton Knight’s Sword][DUR: 97/100]

[+60 ATK; -5 AGI]

[Ability 1. Uses bones of the specters to increase durability]

‘Treasure! A real treasure had appeared!’ Kenshin was very happy. This sword was a real deal, different from all the models available in the market.

With an attack power of 60; it could rival a magic attack. Its durability was at a staggering 100! It even had a special ability to increase its durability from the bones of the specters.

Its only down point was it lowers the agility of the user. Overall it was a real treasure sword.

The market price of this sword will not be any lower than two million golds.

Two million!

Hadn’t he busting his ass off in this dungeon to buy a gear worth a million for his sister? Now he got a sword whose amount was twice the amount he needed. Just thinking about it was making his head spin. 

He put aside the sword for the time being.

The next and the last item was the chest plate. It was a simple octagonal chest plate with white color bands to hasten around the torso. This chest plate looks shiny; as if it was made up of steel.

[Skeleton Knight’s Chestplate][DUR 92/100]

[+60 DEF; +10 PHY]

[Ability 1. Has 10% chance to reflect 50% of damage dealt by the opponent]

[Note: The sword comes with the chest plate as a set. Teaches ‘Death Slash’ when worn as a set]

Kenshin’s head short-circuited. Wasn’t this a little too exaggerated!

These equipment are a little too good to be true, given they dropped in this level 2 dungeon. The market price of this equipment will be around 100 million Golds.

I have decided; I am sending this my sister. Kenshin decided this after seeing the stats of the equipment. Behind his back, the group of nine middle-aged men was finishing their fight with mob skeletons.

Fifteen minutes later they finished the last of the skeletons and returned to his side. During the epic fight between Kenshin and the skeleton boss, most of the skeletons are killed off. The remaining ones were finished off during the healing attempt of the boss.

Kenshin’s brows creased. A group of old men fidgetting like kids was not a pretty sight to see.

“What?”[Kenshin]

“Eto…mmm…Young sir, we will like to apologize for our rude behavior earlier.”

“Ohh! Why?”

“We are like frogs at the bottom of a well, who tried to judge a book by its cover. We have offended you in our ignorance. Please accept our apology” with a shout all nine middle-aged men swallowed their pride and kneeled in front of Kenshin.

Kenshin’s brows disappeared to his hairline. What the actual fuck? They are apologizing for such a small matter! After thinking for a while, Kenshin realized why. From the beginning, he had been using ‘flame slash’ in front of them, which was a magic skill. The temperament of magic skill users was not good, even for the smallest offense, they would blow up the matter.

“Don’t worry. I am not a narrow-minded person” hearing Kenshin’s reply, the nine middle-aged men took a breath of relief.

In reality, it was not entirely their fault. The magic skill users, given their pompous nature, would always wear eye-catching equipment, so that everyone could recognize them easily. In comparison, Kenshin was wearing a normal pant and a hoodie while holding a shabby sword. His appearance was a far cry from a typical magic skill user.

“Thank you very much!”

While Kenshin and others are talking and taking a rest; a storm was brewing inside the Dungeon Control Bureau(DCB) of Mito region. Inside a high-end, office everyone running around like headless chickens. Reason for that being the appearance of a boss inside a low leveled dungeon. Generally, a boss shouldn’t appear inside a low leveled dungeon but an exception occurred today.

“Somebody, go and call Mr. Hashimoto to come here” a middle-aged man in black suit shouted.

“Sir, I have already called him. He will be here with his team in fifteen minutes” a pretty office lady shouted from another end of the office.

“Ishibumi, ring the emergency alarm. Alert the local office to evacuate everyone within 1 km from here” he again shouted to another of his subordinate.

“Yes, sir!”

“What the fuck is happening here!? Why the hell is a boss appear in this low leveled dungeon?”

“Yutani, what’s the scale of the fluctuation?” he asked another person sitting beside a computer.

“Sir, we are in luck today. It's a low tire boss” Yutani, an office worker said looking a little relieved.

“Bakayaro! Even if it’s a low tier boss, it was still something we couldn’t kill with guns. Besides, it wouldn't come alone from that place” the middle-aged man shouted angrily at his subordinate.

“Hii!! I am sorry sir…Ehh! What the hell?” suddenly, Yutani shouted as if he had seen a ghost.

“What happened?” the middle-aged man asked, concerned about his subordinate’s sudden reaction.

“Sir, the boss’s energy fluctuation is decreasing at a rapid pace.”

“What? Someone’s engaging the boss as we speak! Yutani, give me the list of all the people inside the dungeon.”

“At once sir!” Yutani shouted as he published the list on the mains screen. Photo and details of twelve people appear on the mains screen.

“You sure this is all of them?” the middle-aged man asked once again.

“Sir, this is the list of everyone inside the dungeon right now” Yutani replied.

The middle-aged man was a little surprised. None of these twelve people look like they could handle a boss, even when banded together.

What the hell is happening here? As the middle-aged man trying to comprehend the matter, he suddenly heard a surprised yelp followed by heavy breathing of everyone around him.

“S-si-r!!” Yutani’s voice trembled.

“What happened?”

“The boss……its fluctuation signature disappeared!” Yutani shouted from the top of his lungs.

What?  

11