Chapter 65
2.3k 26 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65: ALTER

A room in the headquarter.

The founding members of Redemption Guild were inside a room. 

Hospital equipment stands beside the bed, breathing machine, and heartbeat reading devices were displayed around the room.

A man was lying on the bed. 

Mikael was sleeping on a comfortable mattress. Pads connected to his chest. A mechanical ventilator was attached to his mouth. One week, 7 days, and 5 hours to be precise, he didn't wake up. His eyes remained close. 

They last saw Mikael shouting happily saying that he and Niña were now in a relationship. He was healthy and lively. The next day, he never woke up. 

"It's a curse, tch, damn that f*ck*ng lizard"

Kyle was angry about the situation, he never thought that Mikael would get curse. 

"When the Hydra ate him, he put a curse, I'm not sure if I'll be happy or not,  the curse is a sleeping curse. He won't die... But it is like he is. 

The Hydra was a strong Boss, he could kill a person by only using his curse magic. The Hydra was just unfortunate that the first head that was destroyed was the middle head. 

Because he lost his middle head, he couldn't cast a curse spell, but they were wrong.

He couldn't cast a deadly curse... He could only curse enemies with close proximity. 

 When he ate Mikael, he used his remaining power to Curse him. With his lingering ability, he could only use the sleeping curse. 

The curse started to effect after a month. 

"Kuya..."

Klein, the younger brother, was disheartened. He didn't cry, he didn't have the right to. He only despises his weakness. 

He steeled himself. He clenched his fist and ask. He only knew one person who had knowledge about this. 

"Brother Kyle, there's an antidote, right? Kuya can wake, right? He will be cured, right? "

This is not the time to get emotional, he needs to find the cure. 

"There is, but..."

"Please tell me"

"I only knew three ways to cure him. The first is Ancient Dragon heart, the second is the Resurrection, however, this Skill will only appear after Seven to ten years..." 

"S- Seven years!? What about the three!?"

" The Curse will become weaker and Mikael will be immune... But it will take years to become immune. Hydra's curse is incurable. These three is the only solution that I know."

*boom!*

Klein punched the wall. He left angrily, his mind was unclear he needed time to be alone. 

".....I'll try to find a way. Maybe there's another cure. "

Christian opened his phone and call any medical expert that he knew. The atmosphere inside the room was suffocating, that's why he departed. 

"Niña, are you okay?"

Miriam was worried about her little sister. She knew that Niña was the most in pain right now. 

Niña was just standing there. She didn't move, she just stared at the sleeping Mikael. 

"Wahhh, brother....."

Lane cried. Her wailing echoed inside the room. 

They didn't know what they need to do. They thought everything would be alright. 

But they were wrong. 

.....

....

...

..

.

Night came and the place was quiet. 

Niña, with her Silent Step, came into Mikael's room. 

As always, she kissed his cheek.

"Idiot... Why? You promised that you'll protect me... "

Niña with her delicate hands stopped her flowing tears from falling. 

"I believe you will wake up, you're not the type that will lose by just a simple curse, I know you will fight it. I will wait for you. No matter how long will it take, I will wait. 

Someday, she believes that Mikael would open his eyes. 

.....

....

...

..

.

-Time passed and many changes happened to Earth. 

-The Red Portal is now a common occurrence, the people are now not afraid of these Portals, they see it as a source of income. 

-Every six months, the Hunters Increase. They already knew the do's and don'ts in the Awakening, their survivability was now higher. 

-The Earth was safer because of the knowledge that they learn about the Dungeon. 

-Many Hunters became famous, they were the people who had incredible Skills.

Oliver Johnson.

Yuuki Kouri.

Jake Raynold.

Ivan Smirnov.

Kim Soo- Woon.

Ai Biyu.

Rena Scott.

These names were just a small fraction of the prominent Hunters in the world, the other species were still not added. 

-The Demihumans were now living on the Earth. 

-The headquarters of Redemption Guild was now a flying fortress. 

-Kyle, the regressor, changed many events in this timeline.

-He met Mikael in the Awakening. 

-Miriam of the Eye became his ally.

-He saved Lane, another uncertain factor of this timeline. 

-He met Niña the Windless. She became part of their team.  

-Kyle reached the top 100, and he talked to Hamlet in the Ranking Hall. 

Altered destiny happened. This caused massive butterfly effects. The future was walking on a different path. 

Despite these changes, there were things that couldn't be stopped. 

The migration of the Demihumans such as Elves, Beastmen, Dwarves, and Methuselah. They were one of the factors that caused the extinction of humanity. 

.....

....

...

..

.

After six years. 

Mikael opened his eyes. 

# Arc 2 Rising Era#

(Note: Damn!!! It seems that I finished another Arc! For those who were asking why I named this novel as MC'S NOT PART OF THE STORY..... Well, this was one of the reasons. When I made the title it was made out of whim. At first, I try to name it as HUNTERS but, I found it tasteless. That's why I decided to make this title, I'm sorry if you are thinking that this is a Novel's Extra, no it's not. Though if you want a story like that, you can visit my other novel, MASTER OF CEREMONIES. 

Now, I just want to say thank you!! 

A lot of things will change in the Arc three..... A lot. So don't be surprised if you found that each of every character was different. I believe six years is enough to change a person. What do you think will Mikael going to face in the next Arc? What do you think happened while Mikael was in coma?

 I sincerely thank you, everyone, for reading my amateur novel!!

The Author,

Pujimaki )

You made the MC suffer in coma? What a cliche move!!!

67