Chapter 135
1.7k 27 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 135

The door opened. The house was full of antique collections. Miriam's deceased father was an antique enthusiast. Don Poloma died in a horrible way, as for what it was, the founding member of Redemption were the only ones who knew it. After all, they were the ones who pay revenge to the motherf*ckers. 

Mikael knew nothing about it. He just remembered that Miriam's Father loved to pamper her. 

They followed the maids. Furrneka found the place boring and quiet, she yawned, she believed that there's nothing interesting here. Perhaps the owner of this place was boring too. 

Seven was nervous, he already met Klein and he was a serious type. Based on the rumors, Miriam was known for her kindness and compassion. She was the type that always smiled and she loved her friends. Seven was curious why the woman left the Hunter World and retired. 

"Mistress Miriam is waiting in this room. "

The maids stopped and left them, now the three people were in front of the door. Mikael was now fully decided to face Miriam. He grasped the doorknob and pulled it, the room gradually showed itself. He saw Miriam drinking tea. Matureness could be seen in her gaze and behavior. She put the teacup down and greeted him. 

"Hello, Mikael."

She smiled. 

"I see so you changed too…"

In his memories, Miriam was a clumsy woman that always put her friends first. Not this unknown woman who smiled at him and showing a facade. 

"Everything changed, even you. I can see the loss in your eyes."

Mikael waved his hand, he was a bit disappointed.

"Miriam stop this. I don't have an appointment with you. This man, Seven, he needs your help."

Miriam stared at the twitching teen, Seven was in awe seeing the legendary woman, his mouth was opened wide. She nodded, she knew the reason why they were here.

"Yes, I think it's about Adalyn, right?"

"Y- Yes! Miss Miriam!"

"Okay, give me the pictures."

Seven was glad that Miriam was willing to help him. He took an album of pictures of his sister. Miriam nonchalantly switched the pages. She closed it when she memorized her features. 

They were waiting, Seven was nervous. He was hoping that his sister was alive. He clasped his hands, praying to every god that he knew. 

Miriam opened her eyes after founding Adalyn. 

"You don't have to worry. Your sister is safe, right now she's with a woman from the same country. They are currently in the Punishment and they have a trustworthy team. I believe nothing bad will happen to her. "

"Thank you, Miss Miriam!" 

Seven cried, he was happy that his one and only sister was alive. A large burden came out of his haggard breathing. He shed tears, Mikael tapped his shoulder and Furrneka kicked her tongue in annoyance. 

"I'll watch her movement every day so that you can feel at ease. If something happens I'll immediately call you. But I think you already know that I can't do anything. The Awakening is an abyss. No one even knows if it's in the world or not. "

No one could forcefully enter the Awakening. And no one could interfere the Awakening, only the little girl could.

"Yes, sniff, sniff. It's already enough. I just hope that she will survive."

Seven wiped his tears. At least he knew that his sister was fine. The only thing he could do now was to believe that Adalyn would overcome the trial. 

Miriam sipped her tea. She saw the cat woman glaring at her. She grinned, she remembered how the two girls fought. She almost laughed when she remembered it. She was thankful that she could control her emotions. At that time, when Niña and Furrneka were fighting, Miriam was stalking them. She was excited watching their love triangle with Mikael, the mansion was boring, and watching people was her only entertainment.  

Miriam may have been a mature woman, many changes happened, but she was still the woman who always watched her friends. Every day, she watched Lane, Klein, and Mikael. Niña was always hiding so she couldn't find the woman. Kyle and Christian were in the Headquarter and she couldn't perceive that place. Although right now, the headquarters was in a state of rebuilding after the Dragon destroyed it. 

She felt remorse, she shouldn't have helped Kyle creating that Runes that blocked her Clairvoyance. She agreed because she thought that it would be used so that the members would have privacy but now it was used to hide every secret from her… Her feelings were distorted when it comes to Kyle. She hated the man and loved him. 

"Why are you looking at me?"

Furrneka spoke because this woman was staring at her. She knew that she was a friend of Niña, which meant she was an enemy. If Mikael was not here, Furrneka believed that she already claw Miriam. 

"No, I'm just looking because you're so pretty, now I know why Mikael loves you."

… Let's just say that half of Furrneka's hostility was now gone, Miriam knew how to use her tongue. But Furrneka still hated the woman, she scoffed blushing at her words. 

"Fufu."

Miriam remembered how this woman hugged and scratched Mikael on the bed. When she watched them, only one opinion came out of her 'Damn that's intense'. 

Miriam shook her head to wash off the fiery moment that she saw. Right now, she needed to talk to Mikael. 

"Mikael I believe we have something to talk about."

"...Yes, I think we need to."

Mikael nodded.

"Oh, I thought you don't have an appointment with me?"

"I change my mind."

Mikael chuckled, he turned back and talked to Furrneka and Seven. 

"Furrneka, Seven please wait for me outside. I need to talk to Miriam."

"B- but, I don't want to!"

Mikael touched her cheeks and Furrneka resisted. She hated the idea of leaving Mikael alone with a woman. However, Mikael's determine gaze said that she needed to wait. Her heart was anxious but she followed the will of her lover. Her ears looked sad when she slowly shut the door.

They left the two inside the room. Mikael started to talk when he detected that they were far. 

"Miriam tell me what happened. I wake up realizing that our team is now disbanded. I need to know what happened."

Mikael started to interrogate her.

"Yeah, I expected this, I know that you're curious. We decided to take separate ways because we realize that our priority is different... "

Miriam paused, she didn't know how she would speak the truth without hurting Mikael. 

"No, I believe that's not the only reason. Why did Niña kill the first Princess of Elves?"

"I can't answer that."

Miriam didn't hesitate to decline.

"Why!?"

"Because you will hate Kyle.… Mikael, I need you to see this, or rather I want you to meet him..."

She called the maids, Mikael was oblivious about the situation. Who was the one he needed to meet? After some time, the maids entered the room, one of the maids was carrying a child. 

"Mama~"

Mikael was surprised, completely surprised. The child had blonde hair, and his features were exactly the same as the man that he knew. It felt like he met the younger version of Kyle… 

He immediately looked at Miriam. Miriam smiled, she took a step and hugged her son. Love and affection could be seen in her eyes. 

Mikael was struck. Now, he knew the reason why Miriam was different. She's now a mother. 

(Okay, okay, I know you are surprised kuku, since the beginning, I already decided on the ship of Kyle×Miriam, however, I keep it a secret to you... I didn't even give a foreshadow just to surprise you! Kukuku!)

51