Chapter 142
1.4k 33 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 142

Mikael shook his head when he saw the men groaning in pain. They were at the same level but Mikael was far stronger. 

 

"Is this the team that will represent the country in the Hunters Tournament? They can't even touch my body… well, they'll receive a shock if they try to."

He kicked his tongue, he believed that their country would lose if they let these people become their representatives. 

Jose coughed when he heard him, these people were actually talented and they had experience. It's just Mikael is too strong for them. He was blessed with strength and Skills.

Mikael released the spear and it fell to the ground. It clanked just like the bones of his opponents. Now, these horny dogs didn't have anything to refute, they were just lying on the ground holding their aching bodies. 

The other members were dumbfounded when they saw it. The people that Mikael defeated are the strongest member of the team, they swallowed their saliva. They were confused about how Mikael kicked the asses of Escavante & friends. 

The Tournament had three competitions, the first is the 'Nation Bracket'. This is the competition where each country would fight for the honor and title of the strongest country. Each country would be represented by fifteen Hunters. This competition is a team fight. The qualification to enter this tournament is you need to be level 450 or lower.  

The second is the 'Guild Wars'. Just like the name, it's the tournament for the top 100 Guilds of the world. Blue Swallow is part of the Top 50 that's why it's obvious that they will compete. However, the government forced them and took their rookies, that's why the Blue Swallow decided to not enter the tournament and send their members on the national team instead. Just like Nation Bracket, this is a team fight and the requirement is level 450 or lower. 

The third is the 'Individual Competition'. This is the best place for the arrogant and real strong Hunters to compete. The limit of this competition is level 500 or lower. The title is self-explanatory, it's an individual competition. 

The tournament is planned to hold in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The tournament administrator believed that it would take 3 weeks to finish this tournament. Many people were actually buying flight tickets and teleportation tickets to Brazil, the tournament date is still undecided but they believed it needed four months to fully prepare the venue. Many people were now going to Brazil to sightseeing. They were contacting the hotels four months earlier the Tournament's opening. 

Many countries were doing their best to recruit the strongest Hunter in their nation. The Tournament had a level cap, the highest is level 500. They used their connection and authority to force the top Guilds to recruit some of their rookies just like what the Philippines did. The reason why they're doing this is because of the prize pool, each country and Guilds that will participate are required to give 1000 attack type Skill Books. 

The countries that would participate are numbered 183, as for the Guilds it has 134 slots. If you added these and multiply them to 1000, the answer will be 317,000 thousand. 317,000 thousand Skill Books, this is equivalent to 317,000 Hunters. It means that whoever won would earn hundreds of thousands of Hunters. This could increase the strength and authority of a country and a guild.

The Individual Competition has a prize of Two Evolution, where did they get this? They took it from the dead bodies of the two newest Rank 1… It was fucked up, but humanity was fucked up since the start. 

The winners would take everything and the loser would receive none, it's the agreement that each representative made. 

Let's return to the dumbfounded members. When they saw the miracle that Mikael created, they realized that they want this man on their team. 

The national team watched the man returning to Furrneka. Furrneka jumped and hugged him, Mikael chuckled and patted her head. 

"I can see that you and Klein are brothers."

Kitsune nodded, she was now assured that this man is the older brother of her darling. They were both strong and handsome, but for her, Klein is more handsome and cool. 

Jose saw their reactions and he smiled.

"It seems like his fangs are still alive"

He said.

"Yeah Mikael is a monster, I never thought that I'll meet a man like him."

Seven replied, his knowledge about Mikael was little. When he was young, he only watched this man on the television. However, now that he was seeing the person in real life, he believed that Mikael was more amazing. What he witnessed was actually a small portion of Mikael's strength. 

"Indeed."

Jose looked at Seven and agreed. 

One of the members braved herself to ask Mikael. She knew that Mikael has a Beastmen girlfriend, which is a Yandere, but she forced her mouth to speak. 

"H- Hello sir! I- I'm Jennifer Ashley. Can I know your name?"

Mikael and Furrneka glanced at her. She twitched and remained standing. Furrneka glared at the woman but Mikael kissed her that caused her to laugh "hehe".

Mikael faced the woman and said his name.

"I'm Mikael Tibano" 

He almost extended his hand but he remembered that Furrneka was looking, he scratched his head to sidestep the awkwardness.

Jennifer nodded thrice.

"N- Nice to meet you sir Tibano… Tibano... Tibano!?"

Jenifer gasped when she repeated his surname. Tibano, there's a person who has a surname like that. She remembered the man who was surrounded by six different colors of Wolves. She inspected him and she found that Klein and Mikael were identical. She asked while stuttering. 

"S- Sorry but, are you perhaps the younger brother of Klein Tibano!?"

Mikael and Furrneka laughed. Klein was bearded that's why he looks older. Mikael never thought that someone would misunderstand their age. He opened his mouth to correct her. 

"Yes we're brother but I'm actually the older one. Klein is my younger brother."

"Ahhhhh... Ah?"

Jennifer nodded but she was wearing an expression of confusion, she didn't know what he meant. She was perplexed because Mikael looks younger. 

(Hello this is me again, Pujimaki. I created lower tiers in Patreon, if you have some time, why don't you check it out. You can find the link on the synopsis or in the lower part of every chapter.

Anyway, all I wanted to say is that since the arc is just getting started the action will not a bit actionish, if you know what I mean. I think the fighting will start around the tournament part, and it's around a week till we reach that part... Sorry for posting six times a week you see I have another novel that's why I can't completely focus on this alone. 

This arc is just the same with the other too, I will slowly put info and stack it up till we reach the climax.

All I wanted to say is thank you, and If you feel like why does Mikael didn't have screen time, or where is the mc, or why do you give so much importance to the side characters? Always look at the title, guys, the title of this novel makes sense... "MC's not part of the story" although it won't be completely like that. Mikael will always have a major part in every arc and the overall story. 

And yeah, this is a bit on my part but I want that every character is OP. I didn't like a story where the mc is always the strongest or always the winner, that's not how life work is... But we will reach that part too so don't worry, I just hate the instant power-up with no suffering and hardship. 

I put importance to the side character because I want to, I don't want a one-dimensional character. If you look at the Skills of the side characters you can say that they are OP, and yeah that's what I want. Anyway thank you, hope you will stay reading this even though the current story is boring. 

I scanned every chapter thoroughly and did it twice but no matter how much effort I put, mistakes will always show... If you find mistakes please tell me so that I can correct them... I hope it will be few, my heart will cry if I realized that I made more than ten mistakes... Gawdamit!! I keep writing even though my grammar sucks...)

40