Chapter 144
1.4k 15 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 144

<Mikael PoV>

Destruction was everywhere, craters were all around and people were fighting monsters. 

I'm inside an expanded space right now. With me, 7 other people were fighting a couple of monsters. Note, these were actually holograms, yet I could touch them like they were real. I was amazed.

This was a technology that the scientists and Dwarves made. They call it 'Illusion monsters'… kinda monotone but yes, Its name was 'Illusion monsters'. 

The other members were fighting the illusion monsters.

As the strongest member, I'm just watching them while I crossed my arms. My foot was tapping in a rhythmic manner, I yawned. This is boring, Klein said that we were having a training course but this was shit. Well, I know that this is the safe way of gathering fighting experience. 

I heard that this kind of practice trained many people who were aspiring to be Hunters. They practiced fighting these fake monsters to get some experience about the job. I could say that this was a good idea, it was safer and it would increase their combat ability without dying. 

"Aahhhh!!!"

I heard someone scream but who cares.

Klein, the coach, divided us into two groups. We were the first group and we must finish this trial within 10 minutes, my brother said that I only need to look at them. I must not help because I could easily finish this, that's why my job was to observe them. 

What they were fighting are Stone Giants, they had a strong defense and the members were having a hard time finishing them. I bent my head because I found out that they were weak. I thought the five goons were weak but my impression was wrong. I realized that all of them were weak. 

It was strange why they're weak even though they are level 400. Each of them had three Skills but its firepower and output were not strong.

"It seems like the Hunters of this generation are weak because they never experienced the life and death situation. The world is now safer… "

I paused, the thoughts of the Bone Dragon smashing me entered my head. Yeah, I'm wrong, this world was not safe and it would never be. 

However, if we let these things stay like this, then we would never reach the finals. I think the answer to that problem is to make them face a deadly situation that would awaken their powers… No, they were different from me, these people are strong but it's not enough. They would die if I throw them to the Basilisk or Kraken, yes, they are normal and I'm not. My abnormal survivability saved me many times but these people don't have that. 

The remaining Stone Giant used its hands and smashed them.

*Boom!!!*

"Gah!!!"

I heard a scream, ow, I believe that one hurts. A couple of them were now lying on the ground… their limbs were pointed in an odd direction. Ouch, I hope they would survive... Oh, this is a hologram, their injuries are fake too but still hurt. 

The Stone Giant smashed again and I saw Jennifer flying. She was suspended in midair but she rolled when she landed. She coughed blood before fainting. 

I sighed, I didn't think they would have a hard time fighting this. I mean I killed much stronger monsters than this Stone Giant. I kicked my tongue, is this the team that I need to help? These guys didn't have any strength to injured the Giant. They have an advantage in numbers but they lost. 

"Okay okay. This is enough."

A voice echoed, Klein was disappointed just like me. I shook my head, I'm not sure about these people. Do we really don't have any other option? I think I need to ask Klein if we have other substitute members. Perhaps we could find some unpolished gems. 

The seven people took their healing potions and drink them, the wounds quickly healed, and they breathe in relief... Oi, kisama, this is a hologram, you cowards!! How could you use potion, you fought an illusion, Gawdamit!!

"Kuya, can you show them how to kill these rock bullshit monsters."

Klein's mechanical voice struck their feelings, I could see that almost all of them felt hurt. Despite it, they never speak because they didn't have the right to. The Stone Giants beat them and they received damage. 

"Okay. No prob."

I nodded, I called my Spear. Lightning crackled and I threw my weapon. I hit the monsters and they died… This caused the members to open their mouths in a dumbfounded way.

They realized how embarrassing their behavior earlier, they put all of their strength but they can't even scratch the monsters. However, I just threw my Spear and they lost their lives. 

I'm sorry guys but I need to show you how weak you are. The Lightning Void appeared beside me, I took it and left them exhausted and disappointed. The holographic place returned to normal. 

……………

Furrneka and Kitsune were now in a restaurant. They grumbled because their lovers were busy. Mikael and Klein said that they need to practice. The two women were sad.

Their tails and ears were down but they obeyed them. Rena Scott took the Beastmen to her favorite restaurant, it's a French restaurant that she visited whenever she was in Cavite. 

"What do you want to eat. Just say it, I'll pay."

Rena told them.

"Hmmp! You don't have to. I got my money."

Kitsune smug, Furrneka copied her and gave a smug. Rena twitched, she almost cast her wind to kill these bitches. She forced herself not to, she knew that she couldn't fight Kitsune. The Nine Tails was the embodiment of slaughter. 

They went to a private room, the waiters delivered their food while sweating. These customers were the hardest to accommodate, they already experienced having broken bones when they angered a Hunter, they were actually innocent but they couldn't do anything. They wailed while their bones were cracking. 

Fortunately, these three women didn't do anything bad. The waiters immediately left after serving the food. 

Furrneka salivate and took a slice of meat using her hands. Rena and Kitsune gasped when they witnessed it. 

"Hm? Why are you looking like that?"

Kitsune said "tch tch tch " while shaking her head. She realized that Furrneka didn't have table manners. 

" You must eat using utensils, it's a disgrace eating like that."

"What do you mean? This is how I eat?"

Furrneka replied.

Rena sighed, as a woman she didn't want to see a beautiful girl like Furrneka be unmannered. To convince a woman like this cat, she only needed to say the name of Mikael. Rena started her attacks.

"Mikael will be sad if you show this kind of habit in the public. You will embarrass your lover if you don't stop that."

Furrneka stiffened and she lost her strength, the meat fell on the ground. Her tail stood straight and she jumped to Rena. 

"W- What do I need to do!? I don't want that!! Please help me!!"

Her eyes started to shed tears and she looked adorable yet pitiful.

 

42