Chapter 158
1.2k 18 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 158

Jennifer and the other members of the National Team arrived at their waiting room however, they didn't see Mikael. 

"Where is that dimwit?"

Marilyn said with annoyance recalling Mikael's insults.

"Yeah, he got here first before us."

They were too shocked when they witnessed the loud cheering of the audience. They didn't follow the captain because of it. They were standing, watching the people with widened eyes, the crowd cheered with frenzy and they were caught by the atmosphere. They remain standing as they saw the approval of the world.

When they returned to their senses, they found that Mikael had already left the stage. They left the place too since another battle would happen on the fourth ring. However, the crowd kept cheering at them even when they left, the National Team felt overwhelmed.

When they went into the pathway, they were skeptical when they saw that some tiles came off and the floor had cracks. Still, the workers did their job and fixed the floor easily. The place looked new again so they didn't think deeply about it. 

"Maybe Captain Mikael already left, we finished our battle so perhaps he left."

One of them said. 

They nodded their heads believing he was right, there's a possibility that it really happened.  Maybe Mikael went to his cat girlfriend to spend the rest of the day with her. A woman kicked her tongue, Marilyn didn't know why she did it.

.........

......

...

Christian, Lane, and Mikael arrived at the special guest room, aka VIP room. The place was quiet and the atmosphere was calming. Mikael smelled the scent of relaxing citrus as he entered the room. 

"So you two came, huh."

A man was swirling his glass wine, Kyle was savoring the taste of red wine as he sipped it. He smiled when he found that the people he recruited once were here.

Kyle put the glass wine on the table, he crossed his legs and stared at them. He settled his head on his fist, he looked like a king staring down at his citizens. 

A bit of description

Lane had an annoyed expression, Kyle had this nonchalant face and Lane didn't like it. To irritated him, Lane snapped her fingers and vines started to wrapped Kyle. 

The vines were sliced when a few particles lit up the place, small blades made of beam cut the vines. Kyle smirked at her, it seemed that Lane still had grudges against him. 

"Do you still hate me, Lane?"

Kyle asked her. Lane's pupils trembled to his question, she wanted to kill this man. While she was grinding her teeth because of hatred, Choco came out of her handbag. Choco wagged his tail and went to Kyle, the dog barked, excited to see Kyle. 

Kyle patted Choco's head and the dog whimpered happily. Lane felt betrayed, her trusted dog was wagging his tail in front of her enemy. 

"Choco!"

Lane angrily approached her dog, she grabbed the cute puppy. Choco saw her and licked her face, Lane's anger dissipated when Choco looked at her innocently. She sighed. She hugged her dog with love, Choco was the only family she had. 

"Kyle, is it true that you are the reason why Niña killed the first Princess of Elves? Are you the reason why Niña is hiding right now?"

Mikael advanced, he wanted to ask him. Mikael was clenching his fists and waited for his answer. He faced him, their distance was only half a meter. Mikael could attack him with this distance. 

Kyle glanced at him, Mikael was the man that he recruited first together with Miriam. When he first saw him, Mikael was almost close to dying. He saw him bloodied after the fight with the hobgoblin, if he didn't give him a healing potion, Mikael would surely die. However, Kyle helped him and Mikael became the strongest Hunter of the first batch. 

Kyle believed that Mikael would be one of the pillars that would save the world. However, the man slept for six years and lost his advantage. Kyle lost his interest since the time he was in a comatose.

Mikael had no use anymore and Kyle believed that he was just a normal Hunter. Because of that reasoning, because he believed that Mikael was weak, he decided to use him against Niña. He blackmailed Niña to kill the Princess, he even sent assassins to abduct Mikael when he was in the hospital sleeping. 

Kyle knew that Niña still loved Mikael even though many years passed. He used the comatose Mikael to threatened her, Klein knew this and he almost rampaged in the Redemption. 

The Redemption had many fanatics or to be precise, Kyle had many fanatics under him. With just one sentence, his will would come to happen. His fanatics were ready to use their lives just to please him, and killing Mikael was an easy task. Niña understood it and she was forced to obey Kyle. 

She infiltrated the Elven Kingdom, used her friendship with the second Princess to her advantage, and killed the first Princess. It was a mission success but it wasn't easy. The Elves found that Niña was the one who murdered their Princess, they were enraged and wanted to kill her. 

Niña became a wanted criminal and she was forced to hide. She asked Miriam to protect her mother because Niña understood that her mother would be target by the Elves. Right now, Miriam was always staying inside her mansion and she didn't leave once. She retired and became an information broker, she worked finding or stalking people. 

Niña's life became miserable, her image was tainted. 

"Answer me, did you hurt Niña?"

Mikael felt stung thinking how Niña suffered, he was angry that he wasn't there to help her, instead, his own existence was the reason why Niña became a wanted criminal. His fists wanted to do something, he was shaking, ready to destroy the place.

"Mikael, you are an unpredictable man. I thought you will be nothing because you're comatose for six years.… But when I saw you in Africa, your gazes were so alive and fierce. I remember the man that overcame many deaths… "

Kyle smiled at him, it was funny but he treated Mikael as his friend in the past. But as time passed, he forgot the man and focused his attention to save the Earth. That was his reason for living. 

"… Yes, I threatened her. I used you to force her to kill the Princes-"

*SWOOOSHHHHHHH!!!*

Mikael summoned his Spear, within a millisecond, the tip of the Void Spear almost touched Kyle. Black Lightning crackled and half of the luxury room was destroyed. Some portion of the walls disappeared and the outside could be seen. The building shook as it felt a strong earthquake. 

Christian's forehead was sweating, his hands were extended to stopped Mikael, he cast his Telekinesis. He was controlling the weapon not to attack Kyle. 

Since Mikael learned that Kyle really did threaten Niña, he didn't hesitate to attack him. His arms were shaking trying to overcome the invisible force. His intention was obvious, he wanted to kill him.

Kyle had his circumstances and Mikael had circumstances too. Because of what happened, Niña was hiding, concealing herself like a rat afraid of being hunted. Mikael was hurt thinking about how much she suffered. 

"... You are lucky that Christian is here to protect you."

Mikael sighed and released his weapon, his surprise attack failed because Christian protected Kyle. He knew that if he attempted it again,  the outcome would be the same. 

Kyle watched the Spear slowly going away, he was not afraid of dying so he didn't try to protect himself. He chuckled, it seemed that his time was still not coming. 

(I created two lower tiers, it's for the readers who wanted to find what happened next when there are cliffhangers. Um, I'm planning to change the goal section too, I'm sorry if I'm always changing the goal section. I recommend you to subscribe at the first week of the month.)

36