Chapter 186
921 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 186

Marilyn and Jose zigzag to the street, the Methuselahs were all around slaughtering the people, their shadows rush as they massacre the innocent civilians. Jose stabbed the enemies that he could easily finish, still, he decided to leave the others who released strong auras, his mission was to take Marilyn to the Chairman. As of right now, the rift was still widely open showering Methuselahs all over. Jose and Marilyn saw the endless number of Methuselahs coming out of the rift, their bodies tingled in frigid. They know that this was just the start.

"Yabe, this is getting interesting."

Jose stabbed three enemies with just one thrust, the bodies had holes and spurting organs out. Marilyn was with him and she was swinging her weapon at the enemies. She was frustrated, her dress was stained with blood despite being brand new. She experienced killing monsters but the Methuselahs were different, they had emotions and their cries caused Marilyn to panic.

"Sir Jose! How long before we reach the Chairman!?"

Said Marilyn while protecting her body from the projectiles of blood that were raining down. Some of them hit her and she hissed in pain, her legs were wounded and some of them were deep. She still had a stack of healing potions so she was still okay, she could heal these minor wounds. However, the thing that made her anxious was the chance of being one-hit delete. She knew that there were powerful people who could kill a Hunter with one attack. Kyle Rockwell was the best example of it, his Orb Beam was outstanding.

Marilyn didn't want to die like that, that's why she was keeping her surroundings making sure that no strong enemies would pop up. Her healing potion won't work once she is dead, she gritted and lifted her weapon. 

Marilyn asked Jose because she understood that her safety would be better if she was close with the Chairman. Chairman Renato could make the impossible possible, he was one of the hidden weapons of their country in case that something like war would happen. 

"What, are you afraid!?"

Jose started cackling and made fun of her, the woman blushed in anger. She wanted to slap this mentor who didn't have any delicacy. Of course she was afraid, she was a support-type Hunter. Her job was to help the Hunters of the frontline not joining the frontline, it had a big difference. She shrieked furiously while waving her sword to fend off the enemies.

"Of course!! I'm not suited in battle, you big man who had pubic hair on your face!!!"

She cursed, her trigger was touched and burning in fury as she spat hurtful words. She was fuming in anger, this whole situation was making her sick and now Jose just mocked her, she was full of it. 

"Pfft- haha, so you see my beard as pubic hair? Puhaha, goddamn I like that punchline!!"

The man brushed off the insult, he just treated it as a tantrum of a young girl. Another Methuselah jumped in their way but Jose pierced his chest and his heart exploded. Blood splattered on the street but nobody cares, everyone was busy keeping alive.

"Don't worry, if we can't reach the Chairman, he will be the one to reach us."

Jose confidently said as he raised his rapier and started doing a barrage of stabs. 

"What do you mean?"

Marilyn tilted her head, she was confused and wanted to know more. Jose shrugged and decided to show it to her, Jose took out an Item. 

"You will understand after this. 

"Wait what is that, is that a signal flare?"

Marilyn saw Jose aiming the signal flare up to the sky. Jose used the flare and the light flew up into the sky, creating a whoosh sound. The light exploded illuminating the city and all the people saw it, either Methuselah or not. 

"Are you crazy!!? You are creating attention! Enemies saw what you did!!"

Marilyn was shocked, utterly shocked, dumbfounded as she witnessed how her stupid coach created attention. What Jose did was calling the Methuselahs to go to them. 

Jose didn't react to any of her insults or grumbling. He just used his rapier and kept stabbing the Methuselahs who were getting in their way. 

"Just wait and you will understand."

"Ah damn it!"

Marilyn gritted her teeth and helped him, she raised her weapon and impaled the weaker ones. The Methuselahs were increasing and the city couldn't contain all of them. Perhaps the other Methuselahs were attacking the other part of Brazil. 

However, it was fortunate that the Methuselah came out in Rio where hundreds of High-Rank Hunters were currently staying due to the tournament. If the Methuselah appeared in the other part of the world, it would surely be devastating. Their number alone was hard to contain and they kept increasing, added that they were strong. The weakest was around level 400+ if you compare it to a Hunter.

The ground started to shake, rumbling as the people lost their balance, an earthquake shook the place. The Hunters and Methuselahs felt the tremor. 

"What is happening? Is this another kind of attack!?" 

Marilyn held a lamppost, she almost lost her balance. The earthquake further rise and almost all of them lost their footings. Jose smirked and looked ahead. 

"Looks like he received our message."

Jose laughed and the ground started to move. Marilyn was dumbfounded when she saw something hard to believe. She hugged the lamppost like a koala, her head was getting dizzy.

"W- what is happening!!!?"

She asked, her eyes gawked at the buildings. The buildings and the street moved and parted, they created a path. She felt like she witnessed how Moises parted the sea, this is what exactly happening right now. 

CHAIRMAN RENATO MOVED THE BUILDINGS AND CREATED A PATH TO REACH THEM EASILY. He just fucking swiped the things that block him and create a road using his Skill. Goddamn OP, I tell you. Just think of it like how Gildarts of Fairy Tail did. 

"Puhahahaha, as always Chairman!"

Jose cackled. Chairman Renato had the Skill to control the Earth. He used great mana doing that but it was not a problem since the Chairman built his mana reservoir with seriousness. 

Chairman Renato approach them, the Methuselahs who saw his power decided to kill him. This man is a danger to their Queen, they must eliminate the people who had the possibility of killing their Queen. 

The Methuselah roared and dashed, some used their sharp claws to end him, some activated their blood manipulation to kill him. All of them have the intention of slaying him right away.  

The Chairman walked nonchalantly while 37 Methuselahs charged at him. He glanced at them and stomped his foot, the flat land changed and holes appeared on the ground. The other Methuselah didn't have time to dodge the holes, they fall and pierce by the spikes at the bottom. 

The other Methuselah continued their advance, they growled and their fangs wanted to devour him alive. The Chairman created walls that blocked their visions. The Methuselahs tried to climb or destroy the walls but they received injustice instead. The walls were shooting small spikes and hit their bodies. 

Marilyn opened her mouth but no sound came out. She was too shocked and amazed, she knew that the Chairman was strong but she didn't know that he was THIS STRONG. Heck, he just changed the position of the buildings just by his will!!

22