Chapter 192
802 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 192

The last thing that Francisco saw was a Spear swinging to cut his head. Francisco smiled and closed his eyes, he was afraid of death yet he already accepted his fate. Besides, dying in Mikael's hands was not bad. Mikael was the strongest in their period. 

"This is it for me."

The blade slashed him creating a swift gust and his head rolled out on the ground. He had a peaceful expression, he was freed from his resentment. 

"Ugh, that weapon really hit me hard."

Mikael deactivated his Title and he started coughing blood.

Mikael utilized the power of [Ring of U Kraken's trait] and forced his wound to heal. He gritted his teeth as the hole started to close until it was fully gone. Mikael breathed in relief and kneeled because of tiredness. 

"Nyaaaahhhhh!!!"

"Wait babe, just let me rest okay. I'll promise I'll give you a good time."

... It seemed like Mikael was fine since he still had the energy to joke.

Furrneka hissed and glared at him, her horn was starting to get bigger. Her situation was seriously dangerous, her chances of returning to normal diminished as time passed. The Demon was dead but Furrneka still wanted to eradicate the enemies around. 

The woman screamed and created another lightning and it surrounded her. The Methuselahs who landed near them started to attack. They headed to Mikael and Furrneka, their nails lengthened to kill them. 

"Niyyyaaaarrrrgggghhhh---!!!"

Furrneka turned to them and dashed, she had this incomparable hatred inside her. It wanted to explode and slaughter, her mindless self wanted to create a blood bath. She was thirsty at creating death. 

Furrneka cast her lightning, the lightning drifted and hit the Methuselahs. The lightning blew up and destroyed their bodies. Even their healing powers couldn't repair the horrible injuries that they got. Their limbs disappeared and they died just like that. Furrneka's wrath fueled her power resulting in awakening the hidden strength in her.

But Furrneka didn't stop with just that, she wanted more. She wanted to spread despair, to her and the people around her. She wanted them to feel the sadness that she experienced. It was expected since she slowly turning into a bonafide Demon. All the Demon think about was how to spread despair and Furrneka was starting to understand their motto. 

Mikael stared at her, Mikael was in pain looking at Furrneka misery, he felt like he was the one who was suffering. He knew that Furrneka had a traumatic incident that caused her to become like this. 

"I know that you are suffering, that's why I promised to protect you and make you happy… Mikael, you motherf*cker, how could you do this? You said that no more misfortune, but now Furrneka is losing herself in front of you. Move you bastard, you must save her!!!"

Mikael cursed himself, he started to stand up and pushed his body to the limit. He unsummoned his weapon and moved forward. He had determined eyes, it's a do or die. He is not a man if he ran. He would rather die than let Furrneka suffer. He would show it, to himself and this world. If his destiny is to mourn and suffer then Mikael would change his destiny. Fuck that nonsensical destiny, Mikael would be the one who created his own future. And right now, he would prove it. He would trudge the path that he chose.

"Furrneka!"

Mikael ran and held Furrneka. The woman had widened eyes as she was shocked. However, her instinct returned and her hatred was now pointed to Mikael. 

She struggled and cast lightning but Mikael endured it. It was good that he had lightning resistance. He hugged her tightly so that Furrneka would stop her rampage. The woman scratched him, she screamed and wounded his chest, back, and face. Mikael took all of it, he was ready to take all of her hatred. If this could heal her heart, then Mikael would gladly accept this pain. His eyes didn't move around and he was directly looking at her without any fear.

"Nyyyaaaaahhhh!!!"

Furrneka shrieked and her claws gave cuts to Mikael's body, she hissed and strong lightning blew up. Mikael felt the pain but he didn't make any sound, he withstood all of it, he must. His body was covered with blood, he was bleeding a lot. However, he didn't show any pain nor say it. He knew that the woman in front of him was suffering the most. 

He smiled, he wanted to show to Furrneka that her attacks didn't hurt him. How could he show any weakness in front of her, of course not, he won't show pain nor sadness. Instead, he wanted to show her that he deeply loved her.  Mikael embraced her tightly despite the struggle that Furrneka did. He understood that he would die if he kept doing this, but he remained still. He believed in Furrneka, he believed that she was still there inside. The woman he loves was still inside that beast!

"Furrneka, I will wait for you. I know that you are here. No matter what happened, I will stay with you. I will never let you go until you are not here."

He said with firm conviction, he didn't have any intention of letting her go. This was his determination. 

The Demon cat created another lightning, and this was stronger than earlier. The Methuselahs closed to them were electrocuted and screamed in pain. 

Blood came out of Mikael's mouth but he didn't show any pain, instead, he bent and kissed her. Mikael felt that her nails dug deeper in his skin but he continued kissing her. Furrneka wanted to free herself but his arms tightly caressed her. 

The woman fought back but she always lost the battle of strength. They remained like this for a minute, ten minutes, an hour? Mikael didn't know, all he knew was that he didn't fail. His arms embraced her despite the death that slowly closing in... Still, Mikael's determination was compensated, his will to save her reached the finish line. 

"See, I know that you will return."

Mikael chuckled, his face was horribly wounded but his expression was in relief. Tears fell on his chest, mixing with the blood he had.

"Mikael… "

The struggling woman became docile. She sniffed and weakly sobbed, she had a hoarse voice as she said his name. She put her head on his chest and shed tears. Her scratching became a hug, she hugged Mikael tightly.

"Mikael…"

Furrneka repeated, she couldn't do this anymore, this suffering. Mikael patted her head and the woman started to cry out loud. Her weak sobs turned into strong shouts of cry. Her voice was loud and her feelings erupted causing her to cry more. 

"Mikael… please… just kill me."

A trembling pled, she knew that she would return to that form again at any second. Her horn was still on her forehead, it didn't disappear nor shrank. She was now a Demon, and she understood that she would be a mindless monster if Mikael stopped holding her. That's why instead of doing that, instead of being a creature that she loathed so much, she would rather die. 

She didn't want to hurt the people around her anymore, especially this man. Mikael did his best. But no matter what, Furrneka would cease to exist. She would lose her mind at any moment. 

"I want you to kill me… this is better… I want to die in your hands."

Her hug became stronger as she shivered, she accepted her death. She knew that there's no cure for Demonification.

"No, I'm not going to accept that. I'm sorry but I'm a greedy man."

However, our protagonist didn't accept her request. Mikael touched her face and looked at her eye to eye, conviction was written in Mikael's eyes.

"You will not die. I will never let that happen."

He grinned and promised her.

25