Chapter 223
741 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 223

Niña slowly got up, although her eyes were still cast on Mikael. She was anxious about his decision. Mikael survived but he was not completely healed. Her eyes trembled as she watched his ragged breathing, her chest was in pain.

She wanted to join him but she remembered her promise to Lane, her little sister was in a dangerous situation and it would further be bad if she won't help her. This caused her to have a hard time making decisions. Her nails dug in her palms and she felt stinging pain, it seemed like she injured herself as blood slowly crept out of her fingers.

"Ugh..."

Mikael groaned, he was dizzy as the pain was stabbing his head. He was really close to overusing his Skills, he could feel it. But didn't stop him from standing. Niña helped him to get up while her expression was filled with concern. Mikael caught her hands and he was slowly pulled up. He felt weird being helped. Usually, he was the one who offered help, not the other way around. He was now standing but Niña was still holding his shoulder, Mikael felt her trembling. It looked like she was holding back, perhaps she really didn't want Mikael to fight again. 

Mikael grinned and tapped her head. His bruised face move close to her face and stared at her. 

"I will be fine." 

He wanted to make her relax and believe that he was fine, although it was obvious that he was not. Niña didn't answer, she just took a high-class healing potion and gave it to him. Mikael was surprised but he accepted the potion.

"Thank you."

"……"

He drunk the content as Niña watched him with seriousness, her mind was in turmoil right now. She didn't know if she should make Mikael fall asleep and bring him to a safe place. However, before she could make that decision, Mikael stopped her.

"Niña, I know what you're thinking. It's okay I'll be fine, have you ever see me getting hurt?"

He said thinking that Niña would believe his words, his teeth shone as he smiled. Instead of agreeing, Niña pinched his side and Mikael jolted from the utter sting that he received. 

"You were eaten by the Hydra, you slept for seven years… When I saw you in Africa, you are battered and close to dying facing the Dragon(Axelle). And even now, you are hurt by that monster… how can you expect not to feel any concern?"

Niña had many recollections of him being hurt and almost dying. All of them were painful to remember. She didn't even know if Mikael suffered in any battle without her knowing. Yet this dumbass was still eager to fight despite that. Even now, his injured exhausted body was releasing the intent to fight. Niña was frustrated that she couldn't change his decision. Mikael was tough to crack and she understood that. She clenched her fists, her mind was in half. The first part wanted to help Lane while the latter preferred to assist Mikael. 

She was going crazy, the more time she spent here, the harmful it is for Lane. But no matter how much she urged her feet to move, they were glued to the ground pinned close to Mikael. 

Thankfully, someone saved her from the ordeal. Her phone rang. Niña saw that Miriam texted her, it seemed like she couldn't call her so she texted her instead. She looked at the phone, Mikael paused too and stared at her. Niña felt relief as she scanned the text.

"I see..."

Niña read the text and found that Lane was fine, Klein and Kitsune were helping her. They were protecting the eyes and closing the rift. The city was covered with fog that's why Niña couldn't discern if the rift was shrinking or not.

 Fortunately, Miriam was there to relay the message to her. Niña was thankful to her sister. In the last part of the message, Miriam said that "there is no reason to be afraid anymore, just help Mikael. Your Skill is the best assist that Mikael can get, the monster can't steal your soul if he can't see you in the first place. Just make sure that you are safe, never mind, Mikael is with you anyway. Niña, it's okay now. You can be greedy."

Niña started to shed tears but she wiped them immediately, she slightly sniffed as she understood the last sentence. She held back too much and even now, she was holding back.

'Yeah, what kind of sister I am if I can't trust Lane. What kind of woman I am if can't show my love to the person that I love…'

Niña slapped her cheek with her palm. She got her determination.

'Thank you Miriam, even now you are still watching over us.'

She raised her head at the sky. She gestured a flying kiss even though she was not sure if Miriam could see it. She wiped her tears and stretched her arm. Mikael saw her hand and grabbed it, however, Niña pulled him in and stole his lips. Her blue ocean eyes were gleaming, it was clear and resolute. 

"Listen here Mikael, you are not allowed to die. And I will never ever let that happen. Since my Skill can support you, I will help you kill that monster. We will murder that monster, how dare he hurt you! I will return the favor and give him tenfold of the pain!"

She grinned as killing intent started radiating around.

"Wait, Niña are you saying that you want to help me? No, it's dangerous, one mistake and the monster will kill you, I can't let that happe-"

A finger was put on his lips leading him to stop talking. Niña's finger was heavy despite being thin and cute, Mikael was entranced with this moment. Niña giggled mischievously, she wasn't asking for confirmation. Even if Mikael didn't agree, she would go there and bamboozled the Manticore. This was not about killing the monster for the betterment of humanity, it was all about her hatred for what the monster did. 

"Hurting you is the monster's big mistake, he shouldn't have touched you and let himself be killed. But because he didn't stay still and hurt you, I will show him what will happen if someone hurt you."

The corners of her lips raised, she was smiling so gorgeously. Mikael shivered as she saw the glow in her, Niña was glowing right now. Mikael gulped, he couldn't take her extremely pretty smile, he was dying in love. This was the woman that he fell in love with. The finger on his lips parted which was disappointing for Mikael, but another thing came after. Niña gave him a peck, she giggled watching his thirsty expression.

"Fufu, I know that I'm pretty but not now, we still have a monster to kill."

She reminded Mikael about the Manticore. Mikael's clouded mind became focused again and he nodded. The monster almost killed him, of course he was angry. The fire ignited in his eyes as he glared in the direction where the monster ran.

Niña and Mikael grabbed their weapons. 

Niña equipped her mask and vanished. 

Mikael moved and lightning erupted around him. 

24