Chapter 224
720 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 224

In the city covered with fog, two armies were fighting for their own reason, the first wanted to invade the planet while the latter protected the planet against these invaders.

A massive tree was standing in the city like a tower watching over, although because of the clouded place, no one could see it. On top of this gigantic tree, three Hunters were facing the assault of hundreds of Methuselahs. They were doing their best, enduring the bruises and injuries they suffered just to accomplish their mission.

.........

......

...

On the other side of the city, the innocent civilians kept moving out, away from the turmoil. The battle was still ongoing and they would only die if they stay here, they fall in line as the portals transported them to safer locations. The cause why their relocation was slow was because of the fog, the mist blocked their vision and they couldn't move well.

………
……

The Hunters were confronting the Methuselahs, the Skills of each side flew and raid each other. Their blood dyed the ground, yet they didn't stop. Instead, they further increased their killings, they didn't have mercy. All they think was how to kill each other, swiftly or brutally. For the Methuselahs, this was a battle to get their new home. As for the Hunters, they wanted to protect their land, although getting experience points was their second objective. The Methuselahs gave a great amount of XP when they killed them. For the level addicts, this was a good opportunity to kill, harvest, and level up.

As they were busy fighting each other, they didn't perceive or see that a giant creature was coming into their area. It was already late when they realized that something bad was going to happen. The face of an old man with the body of a lion showed up and stared at them, the Manticore was grinning as he ate their souls. He blew so hard and swept the fog away, his vision widened and caught a lot of people.

"Waahh--!!"

One of them screamed, but he immediately stopped as his body fell into the pool of blood of the dead people. Just like him, all of the people in the surrounding started losing their consciousness and landed on the ground. Methuselahs or not, they died without knowing how it happened.

The Manticore started to get bigger, his muscles spasm and enlarged. He grinned and acknowledged that he was becoming stronger. Now, if Mikael tried to face him again, he would show him hell!

"Kihhijiji!"

He laughed, he swayed his tail in the air like a happy dog. After making sure that no one was left alive, the Manticore started to go to another place. It took a long time for him to clear the area, he had to check every nook and cranny, he was a bit disappointed because some of them escaped. Anyway, as long as he could eat tasty souls, the Manticore didn't really care if some people fled. After all, many people were still in the city and he could eat them just by his stare.

The Manticore walked while wagging his tail, most of the buildings were now gone, they fell because of the relentless battle that was happening. This led the Manticore to move well despite being large, no buildings were blocking him anymore.

"Giurrraaagg!!!"

He roared and started running, he sprinted and looked around, trying to find where's the best place to feast. However, before he could discern his next target, a knife stabbed him in the eye.

"Aaarrrgggghhhh!"

The monster cried, he didn't see where the blade came from. All he knew was that someone threw a knife at him!

"Ggaaarrrghh!!"

The monster screeched to scare and force her to come out. However, instead of a woman coming out, another blade drifted and stabbed him in the other eye! He screamed like a madman. The Manticore closed his eyes, he was deprived of his vision, the creature understood that things would be pretty bad if he couldn't use his eyes. This is his main power!

"Aarrggghh!"

He roared again to scare the thrower, he wiggled his head and moved frantically, his thumping made the earth rattle. He wanted to buy time to heal his eyes, once his eyes healed, he would stare at the motherf*cker who hurt him.

"Rrrrrrraaaaagghhhh!!!"

His scream shook the place but no one was afraid of him, at least the couple wasn't. As his rampage caused the dust to float around, he didn't feel the incoming attack that was aimed at him. Powerful black lightning clashed and appeared in front of his closed eyes, the Manticore perceived it but it was too late.

"Take this, you freaking monster!"

BANG!!

"Gurrrrrraaaaaaaaaa!"

The lightning was released right on his face, the bolt of lightning moved omnidirectionally like a spider web. His face was ruptured and the sound of his burning flesh could be heard. He was back, Mikael's revenge was here to fuck the monster!

The monster wriggled as the lingering lightning assaulted him, he thought he could face Mikael head-on but he was wrong! The man didn't have any intention of fighting him one on one, he had an ally! What a cheater!

The deafening scream echoed, the Manticore rolled his body and tried to get away. He needed time to heal his eyes, after that, he would search for Mikael's ally and kill her! His plan was good but he didn't fully comprehend the Skill of Niña. Niña couldn't be seen if she didn't have any intention of showing herself, she is the master of stealth. The Manticore was not a descendant of a Dragon, he couldn't use mana detection to find her. In short, another antithesis showed up to torture him.

The blinded monster crawled and didn't fight Mikael, he focused on healing rather than spending his energy fighting Mikael. However, before he could heal his eyes, dozens of knives darted and hit his healing eyes!

"Grah!"

These people didn't give him any time to heal himself, they were nasty and unfair! He wiped the knives and continued healing himself, this time, he covered his eyes as he ran with three feet.

20