Chapter 227
718 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 227

Mikael coughed blood, he touched his abdomen and realized that blood was gushing out. He was punctured by something and he didn't know what it was. All he remembered was the warm sensation then he lost control of his body.

"Ah, I see so someone attacked me…"

He concluded.

'I promise, I'll hunt the bastard who did this. I'll put a hole in his body just like this.'

He still had the strength to think about how he would get revenge even though he was injured. Sasuga Mikael.

"Mikael!"

He moved his head and found that Niña was covering his abdomen to prevent the bleeding. She was forcing herself not to cry so that Mikael won't be worried. Instead, she shifted her left arm and got a healing potion from her Inventories. She extended her trembling arm, Mikael weakly grabbed her hand and seized the potion. He still had the strength to do it, he patted her head which caused the woman to shed her tears.

"Don't cry, I'm not going to die."

"But you suffered enough, the fatigue and the injuries you got will be a burden to you. You can't fight anymore."

Mikael didn't answer any of her concerns, he uncorked the potion using his mouth and drunk it. After drinking, the wound in his abdomen slowly disappeared but Mikael's condition didn't get well. He was already exhausted, even moving his body was hard for him. His eyelids were heavy and he couldn't open his eyes for a long period.

Niña was frustrated looking at him, Mikael reached his limit long ago. The damage he got was too much and his body couldn't endure it anymore. No potion could artificially rejuvenate him this time, he was already spent dry.

However, Mikael who was tired and breathing hard didn't accept this outcome. He had a grudge against that monster and he wanted to kill the Manticore using his own hands. Furthermore, aside from Niña's stealth, Mikael was the only one who could fight the creature head-on. If he let the monster rampaged in this city and ate more souls, Mikael would regret it.

His pride and feelings may have affected his decision but who cares? Mikael was Mikael, he promised himself that no more regrets. He didn't want to feel guilty because he was tired and left the Manticore alone, that would be pathetic.

"Mikael, I know what you're thinking but you can't, I will not let you. If I have to hurt you and make you unconscious, then I will do it!"

Niña's banter made Mikael chuckle. In this situation, he should have agreed to her but her cute expression caught him off guard. Perhaps Mikael was starting to become crazy. Maybe he was having an oxygen deficiency.

"You are really cute, hehe."

Mikael laughed but a slap hit his face which made him surprise. He looked at Niña and realized that the woman was crying.

"This is not a joke!"

Niña screamed, her tears landed on him, Mikael felt the pain while looking at her. He wanted to extend his hand and reach her but even that was hard.

"Niña, I'm sorry…"

"Why… why do you have to do this? Just like that time, why did you not hesitate to save me? And just like now, why are you forcing yourself to fight?! I can't understand! Mikael, you are two hundred levels lower than me!"

She yelled, her face was covered with the tears that were coming from her eyes. She was in pain, Mikael had a tendency of doing suicidal things and she was afraid of losing him.

"… Why are you not afraid?"

She covered her face and sobbed. Her chest was tightly knitted and she felt like breathing air was tough. Since the moment she met Mikael, this man didn't have any fear. Especially when it came to his family, Mikael would always stand and protect them. She loved that part of him but at the same time, she hated that Mikael was that type of man.

Mikael couldn't endure seeing Niña like this. He vowed that no tears would fall anymore… but here he was, making Niña cry again.

"Niña… I… I have a secret. It's a simple secret that I hid from you for many years. You see, I bought a land… It was modest land, although it was close to the seaside so the price was a bit higher."

Mikael started to tell the story that he kept secret, only Chairman Renato and Klein knew about this.

"I asked Chairman to find me a land and I will buy it, the process was smooth until I fell asleep."

He smirked remembering that moment, he was excited to buy that property because he wanted to build a house for himself and Niña. But he didn't know that he would actually sleep for six years.

"Then, I learned from Klein that Chairman Renato bought the land and said that he will transfer the property if I joined the national team."

He chuckled, it was fun knowing that his dream house could be built. He was happy that the Chairman still remember the transaction they did many years ago.

"I accepted the condition… However, one thing was bugging me… How could I built a house if the Earth was going to be destroyed?"

It was a stupid question, it was stupid that Mikael was thinking about a greater problem that he couldn't prevent. He was just a man, a single person can't save the earth from destruction.

"……"

Niña didn't speak and she just listened, she understood that Mikael was showing his vulnerable side right now. She loved to accept everything that Mikael would say.

"I'm afraid, the power of the Dragon, that creature sent shivers in my spine. The image of Furrneka lifeless was hunting me, sometimes I have nightmares about you and Furrneka dying and leaving me… I have this feeling that something massive is going to happen."

Mikael smiled, he reached for Niña and the woman immediately held his hand. She grabbed it and gripped it hard, she was staring at Mikael.

"I will never die, I will never let you be alone… Besides, I want to have a baby so I really don't like to die."

Niña seriously said.

Mikael laughed at her assurance, he wanted to have a family too. However, he had to make sure that the world was safe before doing that. He didn't want his son or daughter to live in a crumbling world.

"Niña, I want to kill the Manticore."

He said with earnest eyes.

"… Why are you doing this to me? I can't hate you if look at me like that."

She sighed, then after comprehending Mikael's reason. She smiled and clenched the hand that she was holding, she was mad but Mikael got her again.

"Ouch… Niña please don't break my hand, I still need it."

"Hmmp!"

Their conversation had a good ending, it seemed that Mikael convinced Niña with his words.

"Good looks like you need my help this time partner!"

A voice reverberated, Raijin who was living in Mikael contacted him.

22