Chapter 244
611 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 244

Titania was a member of Fangs Guild. However, the Guild disbanded and most of its members were in jail. It was fortunate that Titania had another job while Axelle was attacking the Beast Kingdom. Because of this, Titania was released since she was innocent. She didn't have a connection to the conspiracy that happened in the kingdom. 

However, she couldn't join a Guild because she had a tainted history, being a member of Fangs Guild made the other Guilds reluctant to accept her. 

That's why Titania decided to become a freelancer. She would accept any job as long as the rate is good. Actually, her decision was good. Now she had time for herself, she could hunt Dungeons that she wants. Her boss was herself.  

Four hours ago, she received dozens of messages. It stated that if she could get the Evolution Stones from the newest Rank 1, she would earn big tons of money. As a freelancer, Titania accepted it. 

However, she didn't know that she would actually face the Goddess of Death. The most known assassin of the Earth. 

………
……

Titania was sweating, she was looking all over the place. She knew that Niña would attack if she dropped her guard. Titania Skill is called Sonic Scream. Although she evolved it to feel any sound vibration around her. It was fortunate that she did that, or else she would die in Niña's hands without her knowing. 

Titania could feel a faint movement whenever Niña moved. They were in the sky and the powerful wind was blocking her sense of hearing. She clicked her tongue because she was disadvantaged. 

To gain momentum in this fight, she had to make the ship fall. She aimed her mouth towards the ship and screamed loudly. A deafening cry echoed and the ceiling of the hovercar was destroyed and widely opened. She caught a glimpse of Andromeda hiding.

"Ugh."

Andromeda covered her ears as she healed the damage. The scream almost made her deaf. 

"Oi, this ship is expensive, do you know that?"

A voice said. 

Titania saw knives coming at her. She inhaled and screamed again to fend off the blades. The knives lost their momentum and dropped when the shockwave hit them. Still, Titania didn't drop her guard because her senses were telling her that Niña was close. 

And yes, Niña blade appeared right before her eyes. Titania was surprised and she activated one of her Items. A thin barrier layered on her skin. The blade touched her skin(barrier) but she wasn't hurt. 

"You have a good Item, I wonder how it can last."

Niña said. 

Titania tried to attack her but what she hit was nothing. Niña vanished before she could even hurt her. 

Titania creased her eyebrows. She realized the graveness of this situation. She started thinking if she should continue or retreat for now. The price of Evolution Stone was high that she couldn't let it slip by.

'I should retreat for now and wait for the right moment to attack.'

She knew that a lot of mercenaries were trying to kill Andromeda. All she had to do was to make Niña tired by fighting them. Then she would appear and take their loot. That was her plan. 

She took a deep breath and caused a massive shock wave. She ran and try to escape, but she could not successfully escape. She realized that one of her legs was sliced.

"Ack!"

She gritted her teeth as she tried to stop the bleeding. She flopped on the ground and her eyes were filled with tears. It was hurting so much. 

"Do you think that I don't know your plan? I'm an assassin, I know what to do in this situation."

Niña appeared, she was holding her twin daggers in both hands. She was wearing her mask but it was apparent that she was mocking Titania. 

Titania grunted, her mind was still working. She still has a way to escape. 

Niña vanished and appeared behind her. Her blade was on Titania's neck, yet the woman was not scared. 

Titania activated an Item, it was a teleportation Item. It would teleport her to the location that she prepared. Sadly, it was a one-time use Item. Niña tried to slash her neck but she couldn't kill her. She only grazed her neck. Titania disappeared while glaring at Niña. 

"Tch. Oh well, I guess I'll kill her next time."

Still, Niña was disappointed. Now she realized that protecting Andromeda was going to be hard. But it was a challenge that she wanted to face. She was trying to find a way to become stronger. 

……….
……

Andromeda felt that the tremor stopped, she raised her head and realized that Niña was already next to her. 

"W- what happened there?"

She asked as she rubbed her ears. This was the first time that she experienced her eardrums aching. It was fortunate that she had healing power.

"Hm? Did you say something? Ah I see, it seems like my eardrums are destroyed. Hey, heal it?"

Niña commanded. She touched her ears and realized that they were bleeding. 

'That Skill did affect me.'

Andromeda nodded and moved her hands towards Niña. Her hands started glowing and healed her ears. Niña felt that something was strange about Andromeda's healing. It gave her a soothing sensation, she only disregarded it at first but now she confirmed that Andromeda was different from an ordinary Healer. 

"Okay, you can stop now."

Niña said because she could hear again. Andromeda jolted and nodded her head. She dropped her arms, at least she wanted to hear some gratitude. 

"... By the way, you have talent."

Niña paused and glanced at her. 

"T- Thank you."

Andromeda slightly smiled. Perhaps this was Niña's way of thanking her. 

'Miss Niña is not a bad guy. Perhaps she's just awkward to people she didn't know.'

Niña started walking towards the cockpit, she looked at the system and nodded as she realized that everything was fine. 

She returned to her seat. However, her mind was wandering about Andromeda's Skill. 

'She even healed my mana…'

She now understood why Princess Belle wanted to protect Andromeda. This woman was going to be an important factor. On top of that…

'I remember what Kyle said when Mikael was comatose, I think it's about…'

As she started thinking about it, the more frightening it became. She realized that perhaps Princess Belle and Kyle were having a silent war right now. And whoever got Andromeda will be the winner. 

"Heh, that woman, she knew how to bind me."

She laughed. Since she hates Kyle, she would do her very best to prevent her from taking Andromeda. However, she didn't want to take Andromeda to the Elven kingdom either. So she was thinking about how to win this battle and make her two enemies lose. 

"How about that place…"

19