Chapter 260
639 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 260

A person with a sharp expression slammed the table angrily. The table was expensive but Jake Raynold didn't care at all. In fact, he broke it down with just one smash. The table was smashed in half and looked miserable, the same just as the money spent to buy it. 

Jake Raynold was fuming in anger and he further smashed the vase close to him, the vase shattered into pieces and littered on the floor. 

"L- leader!! That vase is 14 million dollars!! It's an Item that makes the air purify and it prevents any ghost-type monsters!!"

The secretary stuttered as he looked at the vase with dismay and anguish. 

"I don't give a fuck!! Besides, why do we even have that kind of Item, we are in a high-rise building, away from a Dungeon! There are no ghosts or spectres here!! And if we are talking about air-purifying!! Just get a plan or something!!!"

Jake spat as his eyes were red in madness. He couldn't accept what they did to him. 

"S-Sir, the vase has an aloe vera!! And you just destroyed its house!!"

The secretary replied with indignant and found the poor aloe vera. He carefully picked the plant and put it in a basin with a handful of water to maintain its life. 

Jake Raynold realized that the vase indeed had a plant. But he was too angry to think about it. He grabbed his secretary's neck and pushed him up, the secretary dangled as he couldn't breathe. He tried to stop his leader but Jake was stronger than him, he was the highest level Hunter in the world. In case of strength, he could equal Oliver Johnson, the Titan. 

However, this man was too focused on leveling that he didn't have time to mingle with society. His life was always in the Dungeon, killing monsters.

"Why did you not tell me that an invasion happened in Brazil!! Are you fucking kidding me? I couldn't help humanity again and worst, the enemies gave a huge xp!! You, as my secretary, your job is to inform me that there's a battle like that!!"

The secretary coughed but he tried his best to reply. 

"S-Sir cough I tried to find you but you are in the deeper part of the Dungeon. cough It's too late when I found you, the battle is already over."

"You are fucking high ranker, why can't you get there faster!!"

"cough S-sir, you are in a Level 3 Black Portal, even cough a high rank like me will have a hard time to find you."

It was true, Jake Raynold soloed a Black Portal alone. Perhaps, except for Kim Soo-Woon and Yukki Kouri, nobody could copy what he did. 

[Note: In the original timeline, where Mikael died, Yukki Kouri is the original Rank 1 of the first batch.] [On talent alone, Yukki, Kim Soo-Woon, and Mikael are equal. They have the same potential to reach Godhood. That's all, I will never say anything about the original timeline in the meantime.]

The only reason why Jake Raynold could compete against those talented people was his thirst for leveling, he was addicted to achieving a level after a hard-earned battle, he was the type who loved the feeling of being rewarded after a hardship. That was Jake Raynold. 

At first, Jake Raynold relentlessly kept leveling because he wanted to show that he was the strongest and the highest-ranked. However, he started loving this hobby until he didn't care about being the strongest at all. All he wanted was to keep leveling, Jake Raynold had loose screws in his head.  

Jake Raynold released his secretary as he knew that he was innocent anyway. He was just too angry. The secretary landed on the floor and started coughing as he touched his neck. He was a High Ranker but he couldn't resist Jake Raynold, the Hunter who has the highest level of all. As of now, this man is level 878, only 122 level and he would reach Godhood. 

Jake Raynold sighed in frustration and sat down in his chair. He dropped his head and looked at the floor, he was disappointed. 

"They say I am heartless because I didn't help in any of the worldwide crisis, I can't help it. When there is an invasion, I'm always in the Dungeon, killing monsters."

He was right, Jake Raynold didn't help in any battle regarding the world's safety. He was always in Dungeon, actually this man would never leave a Dungeon if he doesn't close it. In short, the only way to get out of the Dungeon is to kill all of the monsters, that is his ideology. 

"… It's depressing that I didn't participate, especially the last battle, those Methuselahs have a huge xp, what a letdown."

He sighed a long depressing one. Yeah, one of the main reasons he was furious was because he couldn't get any of those precious exp points… Actually, it was the biggest reason. Because just like I said, this man is a leveling addict. He is like a mmorgp competitive player that wanted to be ahead of the other players and continued leveling without any rest or sleep to continue playing on his pc, he is a grinder-type player. 

He lost his strength and remained sitting for a long time. His secretary, who stopped coughing stood and fixed his necktie. He looked at his Leader and shook his head. He started thinking about some news to make Jake forget the incident in Brazil. 

"The newest batch from Awakening just came out yesterday."

"And?"

He asked as he didn't know what's the connection between the newest batch and his disappointment. 

"U-Um… The rank 1, yes the Rank 1. I-If you want we can-"

"Don't say anything stupid anymore or else I might crack that neck of yours."

Jake clicked his tongue. 

"Killing the Rank 1 and taking the Evolution Stone is good for those who are desperate to get the newest Skill. But we all know that Evolution Stone is just a path or a doping drug to make your body awaken a Skill. If you still didn't build the foundations for your upcoming Skill, then Evolution Stone is for naught. Perhaps you will only gain a random weak-ass Skill. Secretary, I just have my newest Skill and it's stupid for me to have another one when I don't even master the latest."

'Well, at least you forget about Brazil. And you don't look depressed anymore.'

Jake Raynold sneered. However, his secretary just wanted to take his attention to other things.

16