Chapter 329
363 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 329

"Hehehahahahahahahahhaha!! you think you won!!'

Despite being cut in half, with his organs laying on the ground, and his body slowly crumbling, Ivan Smirnov continued laughing. 

"I'm the Monarch of Death, dying is not an option for me!"

"Yeah, that's why I'm here. My Skill will not kill you, it will turn you into none."

Kim Soo-Woon replied and stared at Ivan with a cold gaze. Yet, Ivan didn't appear to be afraid, he was grinning like a guy who didn't have anything to lose.

"Kim Soo-Woon, do you know how to open a gate to another world."

Ivan said. He was grinning as blood slowly gushed out of his body. He was getting pale and he knew that he was gonna die. But it was not a problem, because Ivan could revive himself as an undead. He may lose his warmth and humanity but he would become an immortal. He was going to be an Overlord, the strongest type of Necromancer! 

"…. You! Don't tell that!!"

Kim Soo-Woon's pupils dilated when he realized what was happening. 

"It's too late, millions already died! Hehehahaha!"

Ivan's cracked laugh sent shivers down their spine.

"Hey, what is happening here?"

Niña who was looking back and forth was clueless. She didn't know what they were talking about. 

"… To open the gate to another world, it takes a massive amount of energy. It's not that easy to gather that amount… However, there is an alternative."

Kim Soo-Woon clenched his fists until blood slowly crept out of the crack of his hands. He learned the alternative when he entered the Room 99 and Room 100. He realized the truth. 

Just like how Tiffany used hundreds of powerful monsters as fuel to open a Rift for the Methuselahs.

"Souls… It needs a great amount of souls to open a gate. But it needs specific Item to create it, something that is greatly connected to the other world."

Just like how Tiffany used a plute to start the ceremony to open Rift for the Methuselah.

Kim Soo-Woon realized that Ivan betrayed the Earth. That's why he was deemed as an enemy and Hunters could gain experience points from killing his undead. Because Ivan was not a Hunter anymore.

"What did you do?"

Kim Soo-Woon pointed his katana to Ivan, the crumbling was still happening and Ivan was going to die.

Ivan felt like his life was slowly dissipating, his vision blurred and memories of his life flashed in his eyes… Yet, the devilish smile on his face didn't change. 

"This is not over!"

Ivan had another reason why he started this war. He wanted to use the souls of the dead to open a gate. He always has a Plan-B just like how he escaped from the Nine-Tails.

Ivan activated one of his Skills.

"He's going to teleport, stop him!"

Niña yelled and threw knives at Ivan. Kim Soo-Woon saw Ivan's intention and he was already swinging his blade. But a young boy appeared before Kim Soo-Woon. The boy had his eyes gouged out and he was in pain. 

"Uncle..."

The kid was crying in blood, facing Kim Soo-Woon. 

Kim Soo-Woon halted his sword, he hesitated because of the boy. 

"Cedy…"

"Hehehahahahahahahahhaha, as expected. It's a great choice to steal Cedy's body! It was unfortunate that I didn't get the Eyes of Merlin but the fact that I stopped your attack using him is already enough. Now, goodbye!!"

Ivan Smirnov smirked and his body disappeared. Instead, another undead appeared in front of them, the rushing knives killed the undead. Ivan swapped places with his minion. He teleported to Mongolia, the center of the World War III. 

"Why didn't you stop him!"

Niña roared and grabbed Kim Soo-Woon's collar. Yet, Kim Soo-Woon was staring at Cedy who was slowly deteriorating. The kid was relieved and nodded his head. 

"Sorry kid. I didn't return the debt before you die."

Cedie didn't say anything until he completely vanished. He was already dead, he put his trust in them, particularly his big sister Yuuki. 

Then, Kim Soo-Woon glanced at Niña.

"You don't have to worry, my Skill is still active and Ivan will die before he can finish the ceremony."

"… Tch!"

Niña released him. She contacted Miriam. 

"Miriam, Ivan changed location. Tell the others to go quickly to where he is."

[Don't worry, I already contacted them when I saw that Ivan teleported.]

"Can you still see him?"

[Yeah, it looks like he cast a spell on himself. His body started to reattach.]

Miriam replied, closing her eyes. 

……….
……

Because they knew that Ivan could swap places with his undead, they decided to make a second team, for them to wait for the right time to attack in case something unexpected happened. 

Ivan was gritting his teeth, the sensation of dying was painful. Yes, he died. This means that Ivan was already an undead, his heart was not beating and he was cold as ice. 

To top it all, his limbs were crumbling.

"It looks like Kim Soo-Woon fastened the process of killing me. But it doesn't matter, because I don't need my limbs anyway. I'm not the one who's going to establish the ceremony."

Ivan summoned hundreds of undead Hunters, and all of them surrounded him. They were guards to protect the ceremony. 

These Hunters started recreating the ceremony that Tiffany did. Using the dead bodies all around, the souls that were lingering on the battlefield. It was all enough to open the gate. 

They were holding something and they raised it to the sky. It was the [Whisper to the Other Side.]. It was the Item that had a strong connection to a certain Demon Lord. Ivan used it years ago but it didn't disappear. The essence of the Item was still strong and Ivan would use it to open the gate of the Underworld. 

But of course, it won't be easy to do that. Because the second team appeared in the scene. 

A powerful force pushed the undead Hunters away from the ceremony. Then, a tall tree smashed them into oblivion. Furthermore, dozens of wolves tore the undead that escaped the two attacks. 

Klein, Christian, and Lane showed up. Their mission was to stop the ceremony. 

Yet, Ivan was smiling at them. He didn't feel any fear. Perhaps his emotions were affected when he became undead. 

"Oh, hello guys!"

He waved his shoulder since his arm was nonexistent. 

6