Chapter 338
349 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 338

As the sky turned to pure black, a howl of a beast echoed on the battlefield. 

The undead were already gone but new enemies appeared right before them. 

The beast roared and swung his arm, powerful wind blew the enemies apart because of the beast's brute force alone. On top of that, his summons rushed and tore the Demons that tried to counterattack. The giant wolves growled at the Demons like they were the best meal. 

The beast, Klein in his beast form, was ravaging the whole place using his strength. Every move he did, the ground would shake. He sliced Demons over Demons and most of them started running away. 

However, despite being in the offensive, Klein understood that he was at the disadvantage. Klein and Fenrir were having a tug of war right now. The only reason why they were fighting the Demons was because of the fact that these Demons were disturbing them. 

These Demons appeared right after Ivan died, it was a big hassle. The sky became black and Rifts materialized all over the world. As of right now, each country was sending its Hunters to fight against these Demons. 

Demons had one main planet, it was the Underworld. However, the Seven Demon Lords owned dozens of planets. These planets were completely corrupted and only Demons could survive in these planets. And since the populations of these planets turned into Demons too, the numbers of Demons were already limitless. It was the reason why they were hard to defeat, Demons could turn others into Demons. 

The corruption they release would affect weaker creatures and they would slowly turn into Demons. 

If the Earth houses 8 billion people, then the species of Demons were hundreds of times heftier than them. It was a frightening fact, yet it was true. This ability made the Demons, the most difficult enemies to fight. Because the longer you spent fighting them, the higher your chances of getting corrupted. 

"Hey! Do we have a plan to calm him down?"

Lane asked Christian. Despite being a massive tsundere sister, she was anxious about Klien. Yet Christian just shrugged, seeing that as a joke. 

"Are you making me laugh? We're fighting Demons here, we can't half our focus on this moment, it's dangerous. Heck, I even want to call my brother and parents. Besides, Klein is strong. He will not be controlled by that dead wolf spirit. You know that."

He had a point, so Lane bit her lip and returned her focus on these crazy batshits. 

"You're thinking of activating that power?"

Christian asked as he sensed Lane's intention. 

"It's too early, we don't know where the stronger Demons are. They can render you useless if you showed your trump card. And we know that not all of them will die."

"… Fine."

Lane admitted that. Yggdrasil was her most powerful Skill as of right now. However, it would take time to activate it. Yggdrasil could change the structure of life, it was an alteration. It was actually gruesome in the eyes of people but for Lane it was beautiful. 

'Nothing is more beautiful than mother nature.'

The Skill could turn this flat land into a forest in just a span of a second. No cap, a second. As long as Lane had enough mana, she could even turn a country into a forest real quick.

But Christian was right, few Demons Counts were silently watching them from afar. Because there were multitudes of Demons, there were probably hundreds of thousands of Counts and hundreds of Dukes. This number was enough to make anyone crazy, especially if you add their unique abilities. 

While Klein was busy rampaging, some Demons were eyeing him. They were waiting for the right moment to attack. 

………
…..

Thankfully, Niña and the others arrived shortly after to help Miriam and Kyle. They landed on the place right before the two. 

"Niña!"

Miriam was happy to know that Niña arrived while killing Demons using her arrows. Her arms didn't stop at all, she didn't even look at the Demons. She just released the string and a Demon would die. 

"We are here to save you."

The reinforcement had come. Niña and the others arrived to help them. 

Ai Biyu, Janna, and Lee Hal-Sung showed up. Although they didn't have the time to greet the two because Demons kept attacking them. So they focus their attention on the Demons and blast them away. 

Ai Biyu burned them alive, turning them into charred bodies after she ended casting her Skill. 

Then, Janna, with her elusive mist. She slowly covered the place with fog so that the Demons that were hiding would have low vision. In this atmosphere, Janna was the only one who had the best senses to detect them. So no one could try to surprise attack them without her detecting. 

As for Lee Hal-Sung. He shot thousands of swords and massacred the weaklings. The flying swords appeared to be like an eastern dragon that had a long length. 

So far, they were fending off the Demons without receiving fatal damages. It was good. 

Yet despite being in the upper hand, they understood that this situation was dangerous. 

Just as expected, a unique ability was cast and they were affected. They realized that their bodies' understanding of orientation was altered. 

"W- what is happening?"

Janna cried as she found that whenever she moved her right arm, her left arm would be the one that moved instead. Even her eyes were moving in the opposite direction where she wanted them to move. Her mist didn't detect the attack, this means that it was a wide range effect and didn't touch her mist at all. 

The Demons started to push them back and they were losing this foothold. 

Yet, only Miriam was not affected.

"Don't worry, I got this."

Because of her ability to see in bird's eye view, she could command her body using that way. Miriam started looking around and she found the caster of this Skill. 

She raised her bow, the [Bow of Fragmented Gungnir], and aimed the arrow at the Demons. 

*Twak!

With one release, she successfully killed it. 

[Dammit! I'm having a mental block. I don't know what to write in this chapter. Based on what you can see, I sort of brutally murdered this chapter, which is pretty bad in my opinion...]

Support me using Power Stones in Webnovel or visit my Patreon!!

7