Chapter 360
268 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 360

"Say, have you witnessed something like this before?"

Titania asked Seven, she was dumbfounded. Her eyes couldn't leave the miracle in front of her. She knew that supernatural ability was the norm but she didn't expect to see something like this, much more manmade. 

She gulped. She couldn't believe that she blocked a person who could do this. Even her hands were trembling, afraid of what she did. Titania was thankful that she only received a slap, or else she might experience what the Demons were experiencing now. 

"No, I have never seen something like this. I know that Mikael is strong but this is above what I expect for being a God. Perhaps Mikael is the only one who can do this… Geez, my hair is standing stiffly."

Seven shook his head. Never in his mind could he believe that Mikael would turn like this. 

'Is this the true meaning of being a God? No, maybe even a God couldn't do this…'

He rubbed his arm, he knew that he could never erase this moment in his life. He would remember this, in the bed, in the bath, and even till his death. 

One statement: The whole Cavite was being rained by black lightning. 

Mikael raised his weapon and called forth lightning to kill the Demons. His Spear was crackling, shining dangerously. After Mikael absorbed the Hrunting, something awakened in him. There was a power that was ingrained in the sword, and not even Beowulf could discern it. 

But Mikael was different. He realized its true potential, the power to do the impossible. Hrunting, the sword that never fails. 

[And another item lent by Unferth  

at that moment of need was of no small importance: the brehon handed him a hilted weapon, a rare and ancient sword named Hrunting.]

[The iron blade with its ill-boding patterns had been tempered in blood. It had never failed the hand of anyone who hefted it in battle, anyone who had fought and faced the worst in the gap of danger. This was not the first time it had been called to perform heroic feats.]

Mikael found the true power. With Hrunting, he awakened the essence of Lightning. From now on, he could control the Lightning in the sky. 

"Imbalances between storm clouds and the ground, or within the clouds themselves..."

He murmured. The clouds gathered all over the province of Cavite and shot forth millions of lightning which killed Demons. 

"Hrunting, the sword that never fails..."

He murmured again. The screams of the Demons that were electrocuted became music to his ears as he closed his eyes. He didn't know why but he started laughing so loud, cackling like a madman. However, his tears still drifted off. 

"You have to find your own path..."

He recalled what Kyle said. The theory of Skill Tree, it was funny that he recalled it, now that Kyle was dead. 

"Hehe..."

His face scrunched, clawing his cheek till blood crept out of his pores. This is getting fun, he thought. Mikael infused the lesson he learned from Kyle and awakened his power. He sacrificed his humanity and became a higher being. 

The lightning didn't stop until all of the Demons died. Mikael sensed all of their nasty corruption and cast lightning before them. This was the true Lord of Lightning. 

Mikael glanced at the others, all of them were dumbfounded. Even the Hunters on the ground were stunned, they couldn't move at all. Silence enveloped the whole place. 

They had an idea of how powerful a God, they heard from the Beastmen, Elves, and Dwarves that Gods could create miracles far greater than other beings. And this confirmed everything, they witnessed how a God of Lightning massacred the Demons nonchalantly. 

Mikael did nothing except raise his Spear to the sky. Clouds gathered and created lightning, then these bolts of lightning flashed to the ground and killed the Demons one by one, on a provincial scale. That was brutal. 

"Andromeda."

"Y- yes!!"

Andromeda flinched when she realized that she was staring at Mikael intently. Adalyn and Titania easily caught that the Saintess further fell in love with Mikael. Her fuzzy eyes and unsettled breathing were enough to prove it. 

"I keep my promise, I killed the Demons in five minutes. So the people in Cavite don't need to be afraid anymore."

He stated. It was even more unbelievable that he did all of that in just five minutes. The Hunters almost died while fighting the Demons yet Mikael just summoned a tsunami of Lightning. 

"This means that I can take you to Spain."

"Y- yes."

She hiccuped when Mikael put his hand on her shoulder, God, she felt feverish. After what she witnessed, she couldn't help but feel hot. 

"And you."

"!!!"

Titania cringed, she could not stare straight into his eyes. 

"If you tried to block my path again. I will kill you."

She swallowed hard and nodded. She understood that Mikael was not joking, not after what she witnessed. 

"Let's go... And Seven."

"Yes, sir!"

He glanced at Seven and Adalyn. 

"Protect your sister."

"I will!!"

That was the only thing that Mikael could say. He failed to protect his and he didn't want Seven to experience what he experienced. Even now, the tiny bit of hope was the only reason why he was still sane. 

Mikael tightened his grip and Andromeda was looking at him intently. Too bad, Mikael didn't care. Her heart was beating faster as if she was having a heart attack. 

She squealed when Mikael's body transformed into a semi-lightning and flew in the sky holding her. That was the best ride she ever experienced. 

"... I'm sorry for hurting your friend."

"Huh?"

She thought she heard something but it seemed like she was wrong. In the end, she just smiled while flying in the sky. Mikael brushed off the air, using Raven as air resistance while Raijin was assisting his flight. 

Everything was working well... Or so he thought. 

7