Chapter 367
285 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 367

"I'm starting to think that these Demons have unlimited numbers, perhaps they have unique reproductive organs."

Jake Raynold whistled as he stared at the endless numbers of Demons before him. He was fighting Demons nonstop, it was difficult at first but because he was leveling as he killed them, he started to get accustomed to fighting them. 

Well, because of his Skill, he didn't receive much damage. Although some Demons hurt him, but not enough to kill him. 

"Don't talk, just keep fighting them. And become my meatshield."

"Hey, that's an awful way to talk to your partner."

"But I'm not wrong."

"Fair enough."

Kim Soo-Woon appeared beside him and dropped his cigarette. He was fighting these Demons ceaselessly too. They were close to the borders between Saudi Arabia and Iraq where millions of Demons were showing up. In fact, some of the places were impossible to live in because they were already affected by corruption. 

Luckily, the place where they were fighting was still clean. Although it won't take long before it became poisonous too unless they successfully push the Demons. 

"Just like the plan, right?"

Jake Raynold grinned, waiting for Kim Soo-Woon's approval. Jake begged Kim Soo-Woon to take him because the Demons that Kim Soo-Woon fought were usually strong, which meant bigger XP points too. So Jake wanted to fight close to him. Furthermore, Jake offered his body as a shield. In terms of adaptability, he was much better than Kalman who could raise and take damage only. Jake could fight, unlike Kalman who needed to take damage first. 

"Yeah, just like the plan."

Kim Soo-Woon nodded and he raised his Muramasa. He was gathering energy.

"Yosh, just wait, I'll kite some strong ones."

Jake happily said and ran towards the multitude of Demons. He didn't fear death, or perhaps he was just crazy in the first place. He became addicted to experience points. 

"That idiot… Haechi, protect Jake Raynold, make sure that he will not die."

A hybrid of Lion and ferocious dog materialized, the mythical creature Haechi, Kim Soo-Woon's spirit animal growled at the Demons. 

Haechi dashed and helped Jake to kite more Demons. 

"Hehe, oi Haechi, you look scary as always!"

"Roar!!"

The hybrid ruined the first victim and tore its body. 

As for Jake, he started swinging his sword recklessly, receiving their attacks but most of them didn't work on him. 

"Good, now… Let's eradicate them!"

Kim Soo-Woon expressed and his katana glowed darklight. He swung his weapon and the silent stillness of wind swallowed the Demons. A huge crescent moon blade-like aura manifested and killed the Demons, it could be described as the getsuga tensho of Ichigo from Bleach. But this Skill had a unique effect. 

Everything that the Skill hit slowly crumbled and their bodies were crushed into nothingness. As if they were absorbed by a black hole. Once an enemy was hit by this Skill, they would definitely die, unless they have a Skill that could nullify it. Just like how Jade Levia escaped it.

'It's still a mystery… but I feel like she absorbed the essence of my Skill and make it hers. But in the end, I still won, because I didn't show all of my arsenals.'

The Demon Lord of Envy escaped back to her home because she almost died. She was recuperating and Kim Soo-Woon understood that she would return, for revenge, and to get her dignity. 

'Although I don't understand why she look at me like that before she disappeared…'

Kim Soo-Woon erased that thought in his mind because he felt like some people were approaching them. He looked at Jake Raynold and it seemed that he sensed them too because he stopped attacking the Demons and he retreated instead. 

'He has strong senses, I give him that. I thought he lost all of his instinct because of his haphazard way of fighting.'

Jake Raynold approach him, then, Kim Soo-Woon created a wall of a black hole to protect them against the Demons. If anyone dared to touch this black hole, they would die. But because most of the Demons were brain dead, they rushed to the jet black wall only to die. 

"They are coming."

He stated and turned around, Jake followed where he was looking and found them. 

They were dozens of Hunters, consisting of some people that they knew. 

"... Isn't that Ai Biyu?"

Jake Raynold tilted his head. He was confused. Yet, Kim Soo-Woon just nodded. 

"Yeah, that is indeed Ai Biyu."

He said. 

"No, no, that's not what I'm talking about."

Jake Raynold shook his head. 

"Then, what are you talking about?" 

 

Kim Soo-Woon asked. 

"I'm talking about his hair!!! Why did she cut her hair!? She looks bald!! She's not copying Charlize Theron from Mad Max: Fury Road, right? "

Jake Raynold almost jumped, because he was shocked. He couldn't avert his gaze away from Ai Biyu, because Ai Biyu cut her hair short. Her hair was thin, almost half-inch long, almost skin-headed. 

"I see... So you didn't know."

Kim Soo-Woon glanced at this clueless person named Jake Raynold. It seemed like he didn't know much about the other Hunters. Possibly because he was consumed by leveling. 

"What? Did I miss something?"

"Let's make it simple. You know that Lee Hal-Sung and Janna died, right?"

"Of course! We received a call from Miriam and she said that they died. I'm mad about that! But it didn't explain why Ai Biyu cut her hair! What? Is it because she is guilty of their deaths?"

He glanced at Ai Biyu who landed on the ground together with some Hunters. It seemed like they were the reinforcement. 

"No, I'll explain it to you. It's not about Lee Hal-Sung, it's about Janna."

"... I still don't understand."

Jake scratched his head and Kim Soo-Woon sighed. 

"Let me explain it in one simple sentence. You know that Janna is a lesbian, right?"

"Yes, I know that-- Wait a minute, you mean.... but I thought it was just a rumor."

"Look at her, and tell me that it's a rumor."

Ai Biyu approached them. Her expression was so cold, despite having a heat-igniting temperature. 

"What are you guys talking about?"

Ai Biyu asked, glaring at both of them. Jake strongly shook his head and denied anything.

"N- no, we're just talking about something!! You know, like how Coca-Cola changed their recipes and the taste became awful. Besides, taste-wise, Pepsi is better than Coca-Cola... Right? Back in the day, Coca-Cola still has cocaine in its ingredients."

He was fidgeting.

6