Chapter 373
251 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 373

Mikael continued their travel until they reached the stronghold in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. 

Bangkok was a city full of prosperity and tall buildings should be standing around, but almost half of that scenery was devastated. 

Now, Bangkok was nothing but the stronghold where millions of people were fighting against the Demons. The Hunters were rotating around the stronghold to make sure that no Demons, crimes, or anything that might endanger the stronghold would happen. 

However, the most thing that attracted Mikael and Furrneka was the wide walls created by trees that encircled the stronghold. Yes, the stronghold had walls made of tough giant trees combined. 

Only one person could create this. 

"Brother? N- no, I mean Mikael?"

Just as expected, Lane appeared. A vine dropped her down and she greeted them. She realized that she made a mistake by calling Mikael her brother and she immediately changed it. 

However, it seemed that Mikael didn't realize it or perhaps he just didn't care. He nodded and tapped her head instead which caused Lane to flinch. 

"W- what are you doing? Don't touch my hair!"

"Okay."

She protested and Mikael gladly take his hand away. He chuckled, some things don't change huh. 

"Hello, I'm Furrneka. I just want to say that you're the best."

"Huh?"

Furrneka stepped in and greeted Lane. 

Lane was confused, she didn't understand what she meant.

Just as the three of them started talking, another person showed up and he was dragging a large snake behind him. When the citizens saw him, they started running towards him. 

"Oi, Lane, help me with this people! Dammit! Don't touch me. Hey, it's still not cooked, you can't eat the monster like that!"

He yelled but the people didn't listen. Only a few months passed since the Ragnarok happened but people already settled down with the idea of eating food raw. Quite frightening. 

"Yes, Guild leader."

Lane nodded and cast her spell. She carried the giant snake using her veins. She looked at Mikael and Furrneka, then she started walking away to take the giant snake to the cooks. 

Well, because Lane was gone, Mikael and Furrneka decided to walk and look for people they could talk to about the mission. Yet, Jake Raynold, the one who brought the giant snake greeted them. 

"Yow, you're Mikael right?"

He asked, but Mikael didn't look at him at all. They just continue walking. 

"What? What the fuck is that? He has the balls to ignore me?"

Jake asked himself, he was confused and offended that someone could ignore him like that. He was still the highest level Hunter of all. Even if the world was slowly crumbling, Jake still prioritized his leveling. So he was offended that Mikael didn't even give him respect. 

"Woah, the audacity."

He grinned.

"Hey, just because you become a God it didn't mean that you can act the way you want. Don't you know that even Kim Soo-Woon respects me?"

To be fair, Jake was used as a living shield and a lot of people knew that but Jake took pride in that job. After all, he was the best meat shield. 

He grinned and waited for Mikael's reaction but the guy didn't listen and he just continued walking ahead. 

"Oi, this guy. I'm talking to you!"

Jake began following them. He won't stop until these people give him some respect. However, Mikael didn't look at him, not even once. As if he was just air. 

This caused Jake to be pissed. He glanced at Furrneka and she was not showing respect too. Jake could understand if Mikael didn't respect him, but he could not accept that even this cat woman did not respect him. 

So he decided to talk to Furrneka instead.

"Hey, can you talk to your friend--"

*Woosh!!*

A fast blade swung and stopped at his neck. Jake snickered, it seemed like he caught Mikael's attention at last. 

"So, you want to talk now?"

"Don't touch her."

"Eh? Why would I even touch her?"

Jake tilted his head. But Mikael's expression didn't change, he didn't lower his Spear. 

Jake glanced at the blade, he wasn't afraid. Because he was invincible. 

"Hehe, so what are you going to do with that? Hit me--"

Before he could even finish his sentence, he flew dozens of meters and crashed into the wall. He didn't die, he didn't suffer at all, but the fact that he couldn't dodge it nor detect the attack hurt his pride as the highest level of all. 

"Huuu--"

He squealed as his body flopped to the ground. He weakly stood up but he found that Mikael and Furrneka were already gone. 

"Those two... Do they know that I'm their contact? I'm the only one who knows where Chen is."

Jake dusted off his clothes and greeted the people who looked at him with confusion. Jake was renowned as the savior of this stronghold because he protected them against the Demons and he always brings food for them every day. 

Jake didn't care much about it, all he wanted was to level up and reach level 1000. That's the best way for him to become a God. Kim Soo-Woon talked to him about it, Jake would only die if he entered the Hidden Dungeon. So leveling was the only way for him to become a God.  

As of right now, Jake was level 903. He was grinding these days. His routine was to kill monsters or Demons, then bring food to the people, then kill monsters and Demons again. 

"Phew, anyway, I'm sure they will look for me once they realized that."

..........

.......

...

Just as he expected, Furrneka and Mikael couldn't find Chen Yu. No one knows him. They even asked Lane but she didn't know either, she was actually surprised that Chen Yu was in the stronghold. 

6