Chapter 377
252 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 377

"It's nothing."

Mikael coldly replied. 

"What?"

"I said nothing. I'm not an omnipotent God. The 'impossible' that you're talking about did not fit me."

Mikael understood it very well. 

"B- but, you have the Hrunting! The sword that never fails! You should know how powerful it is."

"I know."

"Then--"

"That's why I know that I can never do the 'impossible'."

"!!!"

Chen Yu wanted to retort but the gaze that Mikael had was dead. As if he didn't care about the power he acquired. Chen Yu studied the Hrunting for months and he knew the capability of that sword. The fact that Mikael was not excited about it screamed a lot. 

Chen Yu heard that Niña died. To be honest, he was not close to the other founding members except for Christian and Kyle. However, he knew that Mikael and Niña were in a relationship. 

"… I'm sorry."

He averted his gaze and bit his lip. He is a fool, of course Mikael could never do the impossible. He may have a great amount of mana but it did not mean that he could do everything. 

After all, Mikael couldn't revive Niña. Having the Hrunting was nothing for him. Having unsurpassable power didn't excite him, because Mikael became a God to protect his family. Yet he failed, so this Godhood is just a bullcrap. Not even a celestial being like Mikael could escape the rules of the universe. 

"I came here because Kyle gave me a mission. He said that you need me to collect something."

Mikael did not want to linger in sadness so he changed the topic. 

"Ah, about that!"

Chen Yu almost forgot about that. He looked at the Dwarf next to him and introduced the Dwarf to Mikael.

"This is Dwarven Remington. He is one of the Dwarves who created the cure. He may look like a drunkard but there is a good brain inside his head."

"Nah, you don't have to introduce me like that."

Dwarven Remington scratched his head and apologized to Mikael. 

"I'm sorry for my reaction earlier, I thought you have done something to Chen Yu so I reacted like that."

"Not a problem."

"Haha, thanks!"

The Dwarf smiled and chugged the vodka down to his throat like it was water. 

"First of all, let's go to a room."

Dwarven Remington and Chen Yu started walking to a private room protected by runes that could prevent anyone to hear their conversation. 

Furrneka and Mikael followed them. 

When they entered the room, Remington started taking a cold case of beer out of his expansion box. He threw a bottle each to Furrneka and Mikael.

"Drinking a beer is the best way to have a conversation."

He justified. Just like his normal counterpart of a Dwarf, Remington couldn't think if he didn't have alcohol in his system. 

Mikael opened the bottle and started drinking. As for Furrneka, her face slightly turned ugly because she didn't like the smell of beer. However, she still drank it just like Mikael did. 

"Aaahhhh… Now, let's start."

Dwarven Remington sighed after he swallowed a mouthful of alcohol. 

"You see, Chen Yu and I already created a portal that can connect to the Underworld."

"!!!"

Both Mikael and Furrneka were stunned. Mikael dropped his bottle and it smashed to the floor. 

"Aish, what a waste."

Dwarven Remington threw another bottle to Mikael and he caught it. 

Mikael regained his focus and narrowed his eyes at them. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, theoretically, we have a 98% chance of succeeding. It's not 100 percent but it's already a good thing."

Chen Yu said and showed documents and data. But Mikael just glanced at them, he was not a genius who could read these documents. 

"Tell me more about it."

Mikael leaned against the chair and opened his beer. The fact that they created a portal to the Underworld excited him, his blood was boiling. 

Mikael tried to enter the Underworld using the Rifts that Demons used to enter the Earth but he failed. No humans could enter the Underworld just like how the Demons did. Because the Demon Lords controlled the Rifts and only Demons could use them. 

Mikael could push forward and break the Rift but the Rift would self-destruct before he could enter it. Sadly, even if Mikael destroyed one or two Rifts, another one would show up on another side of the Earth. So Mikael understood the importance of this invention. 

'As expected, Kyle already created a plan.'

Kyle started this invention from the beginning. Last time the Earth didn't have a chance to retaliate against the Demons, but now, the Hunters would knock on the Underworld and invade the planet instead. 

'It's fortunate that the cure is created at this time.'

As long a person didn't become a fully-fledged Demon, they could be cured. So the danger of attacking the Underworld greatly diminished. 

Mikael smirked. He felt like he had a chance to fuck their world over. 

'I swear, no one will be left alive.'

He promised to himself, his expression was terrible and scary. Furrneka grabbed his hand and squeezed it. This caused Mikael to ease his expression. 

He turned to Remington and Chen Yu. 

"What do you want from me?" 

"Ehem, about that. We needed a huge amount of blood from a legendary creature."

Just like what Tiffany and Ivan Smirnov did, the portal needed the essence of life to work. They could use millions of lives but Chen Yu and Remington didn't want that method. So they settled with the blood of a legendary creature instead. 

"Oh, so the answer is simple."

Mikael shrugged and pointed his finger at the ceiling. 

Both Remington and Chen Yu shook their heads. 

"Mikael, don't you dare do that--"

"I know that we are inside a Legendary Creature. The Black Tortoise."

Remington and Chen Yu's faces turned pale. 

The Black Tortoise was a gentle creature. It was living in the Pacific Ocean, swimming across the ocean was its life. Because of its impregnable defense, the Black Tortoise could live freely without fearing anyone. 

However, it would be dangerous if the creature was attacked from the inside. The creature was 6 kilometers in diameter and the laboratory was inside the creature. 

[I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Patreon:

[w stanley, Eakamdeep Brar, Eduardo, simone, Bad Company, T-Money, Tomasz Skrzypek, JOAO HENRIQUE BONINI, Dad, Kiritsuke, MacZeuss, Zuur, brody lol, Smooth, Ryuu, Raini M. Terante, Robert Campbell, Crane17686, AMaskedMan, Alex, Ausner Gentil]

[MNPOTS has 73 chapters on Patreon for 5$]

4