Chapter 382
233 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 382

The atmosphere was quite tense, no, it was indeed tense. The Elves felt that the danger might happen and their Princess would be hurt. So they raised their defense, knowing that Mikael might lose his mind. 

The Elves heard all of Mikael's feats during this war. Mikael slaughtered millions of Demons and saved dozens of cities from their downfall. However, the Elves heard about his wicked actions too. Mikael did not hesitate to kill people. In fact, while saving a city once, he cast a wide-area attack and thousands of innocent people died together with the Demons. They didn't know the reason, but it was true that Mikael killed humans. 

And now, there was a strong chance that Mikael would lash out and attack Princess Belle. So the Elves were seriously looking at him, increasing their focus as time went on.

Elder Seigh was standing close to the two and he was the most anxious of all. Princess Belle was staring at Mikael without any fear, which made Elder Seigh shudder. Because the pressure that Mikael was releasing was so heavy, even Elder Seigh couldn't fight it. He felt like his organs would pop at any second. 

He took a step to stop Princess Belle once again but--

"Elder Seigh, I order you to remain in your location. Do not stop me."

Princess Belle said with conviction. 

"B- but Princess!!"

"I said don't move."

Then, she glanced at the Elves that were tensed the whole time. 

"I order you to not intervene."

She commanded them, the Elves wanted to protest but because of the gaze that Princess Belle had, they closed their mouths and remained still. 

"Mikael, let's go."

Furrneka showed up and glared at the Elves, she especially narrowed her eyes at Princess Belle. She felt strange about the Princess, she didn't know but her instinct as a woman was telling her that Princess Belle is dangerous. That's why she urged Mikael to leave instead. 

Furrneka understood that Mikael would settle this problem using violence. She didn't want to cause unnecessary bloodshed. 

After all, Mikael might appear to be normal but there was something fucked up working in his brain. So the best answer was to leave this place and find Legendary Creatures. Of course they would take the Trident because Mikael was the one who killed the Tengu, the Item was his possession. 

"Good choice, let's leave this place."

Mikael nodded. He didn't know why but his heart was telling him not to hurt Belle, so instead of showing his weakness, Mikael decided to leave. As if he would forgive her no matter what... It was strange because he didn't hate it. 

He turned around and started walking away, Furrneka sighed in relief and followed him. This Princess was important so Furrneka didn't want her to die. She strongly believed that Mikael would kill the Princess. 

However, before they could even take ten steps, Princess Belle said something that triggered Mikael's wrath. 

"Niña… She's dumb."

"…"

Mikael stopped his feet.

"Mikael, no!! Don't listen to her!!"

Furrneka immediately grabbed his shoulder just to stop him but Mikael was strong. He casually turned around and removed Furrneka's hands away. Furrneka dropped to the ground. 

He started walking toward Princess Belle, his gaze was cold and dark. As if he lost his reasoning, he raised his hand and a Spear materialized. 

The Elves wanted to move but the pressure caused them to kneel instead, some of them lost their consciousness as they puked blood. 

"What did you say?"

Mikael tilted his head. No one dared to disrespect him, no one dared to disrespect Niña. 

Black lightning crackled around and flashed away, Princess Belle was almost hit by the lightning but she didn't move. She didn't blink either, she just stared at Mikael with hidden intention. 

In fact, she smirked, making the situation much more dangerous. 

"Yes, I mean what I said. Niña is dumb."

She said it from the bottom of her heart, she ridiculed Niña's choice at that time. 

'She should've run, but instead, she chose her demise.'

Now Princess Belle was here to fix the problem that she left behind.

'… But I can't blame her. Miriam and the others will die if she didn't stop Elizabeth.'

Elizabeth should've killed millions of people including Klein and the others, the decision that Niña chose was the reason why they were saved. Yet Elizabeth couldn't accept it, both of the outcomes were unacceptable.  

She looked up at Mikael who was ten inches away from her. His eyes were glowing dangerously and lightning was blinkering around, her cheek had a cut and blood rolled down but Belle's eyes didn't tremble. 

"I tried to stop her, but she didn't listen. She decided to save her friends and she lost her life in the process."

"..."

Mikael was shaken. 

"Tell me, isn't she dumb? She let go of her life just for the sake of others. The heroic act caused her a lot--"

*Woosh!!

"Take back what you said!!"

He roared. 

"I will not."

The blade stopped right next to her neck, Princess Belled felt the cold blade and she knew that blood was coming out. However, her eyes didn't lose their conviction.

"Mikael, there is a path ahead of you... Move on."

Her expression was in pain. 

"... Damn it!!"

Mikael regained his calm when he looked at her. His face contorted until he accepted what she said. After all, Mikael couldn't change anything even if he caused a ruckus here. 

"You..."

Mikael's eyes trembled and he averted his gaze. He couldn't do it, he felt like he would lose something important again if he didn't stop and hurt her. He lowered his weapon and clicked his tongue. He was tired of the bullshit, if these people wanted the Trident, so be it. 

"Here."

He threw the Trident and Princess Belle clumsily caught it with her frail arms. 

"Usually, I will ask for something in return but I'm too lazy. Besides... Ah, never mind."

He shook his head. 

"No, if you want something, maybe I can help you."

She replied, she was relieved deep inside. 

"Huh? Don't you want the Trident? I already gave it to you, so you don't have any reason to help me. Besides, it's impossible for you, you don't know where I can find a Legendary Creature."

"I know it."

"Wait, what?"

"I said I know it."

Princess Belle nodded. 

"You gave me this Trident, so I have to give something in return."

"... Go on."

Mikael frowned. He realized that this woman was different. Just like when they first met, Mikael understood that Princess Belle was one of a kind. 

"You're crazy."

He muttered and Princess Belle agreed. 

4