Chapter 392
207 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 392

"This is the place…"

Klein muttered and looked at the gigantic mansion. Despite having one, Klein was still surprised that there was a mansion big and wide as this. 

Klein glanced at his wife, Kitsune was frowning while looking around. They both felt the dirty smell of corruption. 

"This place stinks!"

She purred. Her tails were standing and tensed. No matter how many times she smelled the scent of corruption, she would never like it. She took a couple of face masks to block the smell. 

"So this the Rothschild's Mansion? I can't believe that they are hidden inside the Vatican City."

Klien was amazed. 

The city of the Vatican was known for being a city where only a few people lived, such as the clergies and priests, around a thousand people were living in the city. The City of Christianity, where the deceased Pope was the symbol of God. 

"The Pope recently died because of the Demon invasion and half of the Vatican is infested with corruption."

Klein added. Even the mansion that they were looking at was swarmed with awful corruption. 

"But something is not right…"

Kline and Kitsune confirmed that the corruption that was coming from the mansion was hundreds of years old. 

'Now I understand why Christian left this place…'

Klein recalled what Christian said back in the past. That his family was hiding something big and they didn't have a proper relationship.

Klein and Kitsune looked at each other. They nodded and took a step into the mansion. Because of their natural ability, they could fend off the corruption and they won't easily be affected as long as they didn't stay in the mansion for a long time. 

Because of their senses, they easily found where the corruption was coming from. The scent was coming from the basement. 

A large basement where golds and jewels were splashed on the ground. There were some paintings that looked antique, probably from some famous painters in the past. 

But one thing caught their attention. 

They halted and looked at the ceiling. There was an image that confirmed Klein's conclusion.

"A child holding a rose, offering it to a Demon… Rothschild..."

He gulped. 

As a person who knew some stuff, Klein heard that the Rothschild had an inkling towards Demons. But he forgoes that idea, because of Christian. 

'Christian is a good guy. He may be creepy sometimes but he's a good guy… That's why I didn't think that his parents are followers of Demons.'

Because that idea was bullshit. It was all nothing but conspiracy. He massaged his forehead, this was getting complicated.

"Christian didn't like the doctrine of his parents and decided to go and follow his own path… He probably had an idea that his family, his ancestors, have a connection to Demons, but he didn't say it to us… Because he was protecting them and his brother, Colt Rothschild. I thought those conspiracies are bullshit. But after this--"

He looked at the ceiling and he felt the chills. In the image, the Demon was smiling. Mocking them. As if--

"We have to leave!!"

Klein yelled and Kitsune immediately cast her spell. She created a whirlpool of mana and destroyed the mansion. The mana threw them away from the mansion. 

Klein and Kitsune landed on the buildings and they were safe. 

"It's not over."

They started dashing away from the place. This energy was not normal. Their senses were telling them the danger. 

The mansion erupted and an explosion destroyed the whole Vatican City. The explosion ate the whole city in a span of a minute. 

………  

……  

"Hm?"

Andromeda looked in a certain direction. She felt that something happened. She was not sure. 

"Saintess, is everything fine?"

Titania asked. She started calling Andromeda Saintess after she showed the public that she could bring back the dead. 

To proclaim and show that Andromeda was a real saint, since then, Titania kept calling her Saintess, even though Andromeda was uncomfortable. 

She was not a saint. And even if she could revive the dead, she knew that she was just a simple woman. The fact that she would cough blood after reviving a person was proof of her being a mortal. She was not a God nor an instrument of God. 

Yet the people still believed in her. Because they didn't have a choice but to put their faith in her. 

Even now, ordinary people started praying for her. Asking for protection. The people lost their faith in religions, instead, they started believing in the Hunters that created miracles in front of them. 

If Andromeda is not a God, then no one is. Because she was the only one who showed sympathy towards the weak. The Saintess.

"Saintess... I know that it sounds like I'm a bad person, but we need you to be the Saintess."

Titania understood that she was forcing Andromeda to take the job that she didn't want. 

"I know."

Andromeda grimly smiled and shook her head. 

"So, why are you looking in that direction... Is it because of Mikael?"

Titania probed, raising her brow.

"H- huh? Of course not."

She raised her voice, a bit blushing. She glared at Titania who made fun of her.

She sighed and decided to speed up and leave Titania. Or else Titania would tease her again. After that incident, Andromeda and Mikael had an awkward relationship. 

She met him one time after that, at Niña's burial, he seemed cool and Andromeda was happy that Mikael could smile, at least, even if it was fake. 

"By the way, I heard that Miriam is planning to stay in Cavite."

"Yeah, she talked to me about it."

Andromeda had a powerful Skill, she could heal any person who lived in the province of Cavite. The Skill itself gave her almost infinite mana to heal them again, it was a process that made her stronger. 

Because of that, their province became one of the safest places on Earth. So of course a lot of Hunters wanted to live in Cavite. As of now, Andromeda had full control of the place because all of the Hunters were following her command. In a way, she became a Queen even though she didn't want it.

2