Chapter 395
183 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 395

The sphere started rotating and everyone inside the laboratory felt the aura that was coming from the sphere. It was the dirty corruption, the sphere was creating corruption and releasing it all around.

Even the ordinary people could feel it, they frowned but continued doing their job. They already expected that the sphere would release corruption. After all, they were creating a path to the Underworld where Demons live, and unlimited corruption was all around. 

"This corruption is not enough to corrupt a person, so don't worry guys. We just needed it so that we will have a connection to the Underworld. We can liquor up in Cure after this, haha!"

Remington assured them. He experienced entering a corrupted city, and Remington was confident that this corruption was too weak to affect them. 

Still, it was fucking awful. As if they were stepping into a room full of shit.

Furrneka's expression turned grim. She didn't like corruption, she didn't like Demons overall. 

"I heard it needs a unique Item as a sacrifice to open the portal."

Mikael muttered while looking at the rotating sphere. The crystals started glowing and they looked pretty. Although no one could appreciate their beauty because of corruption. 

"That's right, this portal itself is the Item… Maybe you are wondering why this sphere is releasing corruption, we used bones of Demons as materials."

Chen Yu stated. He started inspecting the sphere to make sure that they could advance to level 2.

"That explains a lot."

Mikael nodded. 

He heard from Earth-chan that their planet was easy to infiltrate once a connection was done, particularly if the Seven Demon Lords were keeping the rifts open. He hoped the opposite worked the same. 

"Anyway, let's start. Unlike our usual practices, we will have a real fuel source(blood) here."

Chen Yu announced and the scientists started typing something in the system. Someone pushed the lever up and the sphere started spinning so fast that they felt the air start dancing around. 

The Elves next to the Princess were curiously looking around. They were more sensitive to their surroundings, they feel that the atmosphere became heavy. 

Then, they quickly looked at the dead bodies of Yatagarasus. They clearly witnessed how the blood from the monsters started floating and approached the sphere. 

"The sphere is absorbing the blood."

It was a good sign, they thought. 

"Good, now once the sphere absorbed all of them, we will now proceed to locate the Underworld and open a portal."

Chen Yu confirmed. They were all serious and nervous at the same time. They were developing this project for a long time, they were excited to see the results. They were scientists after all.

"Sir, we find the Underworld."

One of them said and looked at the monitor that was showing some signals, indicating that they found the right location of the planet. 

When they verified that everything was working fine, they looked at Chen Yu who had the last say in this project. Chen Yu nodded and gave them approval.  

"Okay… Now, let's open the portal!"

Chen Yu raised his voice. He grabbed the lever and turned it on. 

--Woosshhhh!!!

A powerful surge of energy erupted and almost all of the people lost their strength. The sphere transformed into a portal of blackness and it was releasing deadly energy. 

The hall was trembling, and even the space itself crumbled for a second, they thought reality was broken. The black portal was looming over the hall.

However, it was not finished. 

Creating a portal that connects to the Underworld, the most dangerous planet of all, was risky. 

The portal started wobbling and every one of them felt the chills. Fear enveloped them. The portal was gathering energy from both the Earth and Underworld, creating a bomb that was stronger than Tsar Bomba. 

The monitors started beeping, showing that the status of the portal was not stable and it might explode at any moment. 

"S- sir!! The portal is unstable, it's greatly affected by the atmosphere of the Underworld and the corruption it releases. This whole place might disappear, like literally!"

One of the scientists cried while looking at the monitors. These signs were screaming danger. 

Chen Yu bit his lip and immediately checked the system. They didn't want to cause any mess, their lives were at stake. 

'Creating a portal is dangerous, but I didn't know that it will be this dangerous!'

Chen Yu cursed deep inside. 

He touched the monitor and quickly cast his Skill. He wanted to read why this thing was happening so that he could prevent it. 

"Chen Yu, what do you think?"

Remington approached him. He was not holding a bottle of beer as he knew that he had to be prepared for anything. 

"... We need power to pacify the portal!"

Chen Yu said while checking the system. His Skill found that the portal couldn't maintain its shape because of the difference between the two worlds. They needed energy to make it stable. 

"Energy? But I thought the blood of Legendary Creature is enough?"

"That's what I thought too. Maybe we missed something. Perhaps our calculation is not complete and we miss something."

"Then how can we find the energy? Is a Dungeon core enough?"

Remington probed, but then the portal shook and they almost lost their balance. 

Chen Yu shook his head. 

"We need something pure, a pure mana."

"It's impossible. This portal will explode at any moment!!"

They were stressed. Even an Elder like Remington couldn't defend against this. 

However, just as the two leaders of the project were busy arguing, Mikael sensed something. 

He turned around and found Princess Belle standing. She gently put Raijin(cat-form) and Raven on the chair. 

Almost all of the people in the hall were panicking and frightened. However, Princess Belle was different. She was still elegant and calm. 

"..."

Mikael didn't know what to say. Instead, he just looked at her intently. 

Princess Belle sensed that someone was looking at her, and she smiled when she found that it was Mikael. 

Her silver hair was gently brushed by the pressure coming from the portal. Her green eyes stared at the portal. She started walking toward the unstable portal. 

"Delabelle..."

"Sshhh, everything will be fine."

Mikael wanted to stop her but her smile and assurance made him pause. Indeed, he didn't know why but Princess Delabelle Zuri Y Angsalvor was making his heart beat faster.

2