Chapter 2. Turning
153 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bathroom lights flickered as Kaden sat in the tub unconscious.

Deep within his body, his DNA had started to become undone, and in it's place were a more perfect genetic sequence.

His blood which had been red slowly turned black as it circulated throughout his body. His bones increased in density, making themselves harder to break or shatter.

Kaden's mouth opened as he groaned softly. His teeth which were straight turned pearly white, and a set of fangs slid out from his upper jaw.

After the fangs extended, they retracted themselves and vanished. His skin turned softer and the scars and acne he had vanished quickly.

His muscles which were hidden by the body fat he had unknowingly accumulated, slowly grew more defined.

His facial features had long since changed. As if he was carved from marble like a god, his fair skin would make even women envy him.

His hair which was a dark brown changed to a lighter brown, and became softer than silk. Compared to before, if Kaden was considered average, he was now a divine piece of art.

His throat underwent changes, his vocal chords becoming able to make a wider variety of sounds such as hisses and growls.

His pupils slowly narrowed until they resembled slits, similar to snakes. His brown eyes turned into a richer mesmerizing color of hazel.

His body height hadn't changed much, leaving him at five ten, not the tallest, but it suited him.

The last part to change was Kaden's brain. As black blood surged through his body, his brain underwent changes, as were such with all his senses.

His nose, sight, hearing, and touch had increased tremendously, as did his taste. Kaden's last major change was his heart.

It was beating twice as fast as a normal human, however after a few moments, it started to slow drastically, as if it had drained itself sustaining the transformation.

Kaden didn't know how much time passed, however he heard a frenzied heart beat that started to slow.

Soon the heart stuttered and fell silent and a wave of energy courses through Kaden's entire being, jolting him awake!

He sat up nigh instantly, his body blurring as he moved faster than the eye could follow.

After inhaling a few gasps of air, he realized that despite holding his breath, he didn't feel the need to breath.

His body felt a lot more flexible and lithe, as if he were a beast in human form, capable of unleashing terrifying attacks.

He slowly got to his feet and went to the mirror and then froze. In the mirror was a man to handsome to be human.

His hazel eyes framed by light brown hair that fell to his shoulders contrasted his pale white countenance.

His lips were red, and the corner of his lips curved upwards a bit.

'Damn, I look amazing.' He looked down and realized that the clothes he was wearing had become a bit tight.

[Host has successfully Turned. If host wants to view the your status, please say Menu.]

Kaden nodded but didn't immediately look at it, instead he turned around slowly, trying to get used to seeing his now handsome face instead of some bumpy acne filled face.

His body felt as if it were filled with energy, and without much thinking, Kaden knew he was a lot stronger than before, and with his eyes, he could see dust motes swirling in the air.

The bathroom seemed to be illuminated by a floodlight, as everything was brightly lit despite the light on the ceiling being rather dim.

[Host has undergone a major transformation. Host is now comparable to a Gold Rank warrior.]

Kaden frowned as he left the bathroom after removing his shirt and tossing it aside.

There were a variety of scents in the air, some he had never smelled before and others he found familiar.

'They weren't joking when they said vampires have good smell...' He took a deep breath and realized that he himself also left a scent as he walked.

He sat down on the living room couch and softly said menu in his mind.

[Vampire System]

Name : Kaden

Species : Vampire

Power Estimate : Peak Gold Rank

Traits : Enhanced Speed, Sight, Hearing, Strength, and Endurance. Night Vision.

Skills : Compulsion. 

Kaden looked at the menu for a bit before asking a question that was bugging him.

'You mentioned gold rank before, what is it? Some kind of title or something?'

[Gold Rank Beings have greater prowess than regular humans. At the Gold Rank, one can try to sense the ambient energy in the air.]

[After Gold Rank is the Formation Stage, where one gathers the ambient energy in the air into their body. As a vampire, you'll condense a core instead.]

"I see. So things light cultivation and such to exist after all? Then how strong am I now?" Kaden's voice sounded richer and velvety, as if his voice was soothing ones ears.

[Everything before Formation Stage is mortal. At the Formation Stage, one starts to unlock the body's potential. However as a vampire, you can directly enter the Formation Stage as host isn't a mortal being.]

'What happens when I advance? Do I have to like meditate like in the books or something?' Kaden asked with a glimmer of light flashing in his eyes.

[Host needs to consume blood to gather blood essence if host wants to reach the Qi Shaping Stage.]

"Then how strong am I? Like not the rank, I want an estimate of my physical attributes."

[Host can easily destroy a squad of highly trained elite soldiers according to the standard on the national level.]

[Host can currently defeat a Gold Rank warrior with ease if the need arises. At the Formation Stage, host will be able to ignore small conventional weapons like blades and pistols.] [However as a vampire, you are more vulnerable to blessed metal. Blessed metal will be able to inflict major wounds.]

"So I can't just go and flaunt the fact I'm a vampire right? I take it that other humans would hunt me down."

[Host is correct. Until reaching the Qi Shaping Stage, host is advised to lay low.]

"I won't go and get killed off because I'm now a vampire. How will I explain my changes without causing a major fuss?"

[If Host completes a mission, the rewards will be able to allow you to live life normally. Of course, Kaden Vale will have to disappear.]

"So I can't try and keep my current identity? Okay, but I'm keeping my name." Kaden said as he looked around with a tinge of melancholy.

[Host can try another way. Host must learn to use Compulsion, however Host may need to get used to using it.]

"Is it similar to that vampire show I watched? Where I look into their eyes and then compel them?"

[Host can indeed compel targets by making eye contact. The eyes are the windows to the soul.]

 

7