Chapter 5, part 5
501 13 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short walk and few minutes later, the Hrimgard master-pupil pair was already browsing for some clothes.

“So, so! How about this one?”

“Err… Not quite what I have in mind.”

“Hmm? What’s not to like?”

“Long sleeves—“

“You can just roll them, though?”

“…and the fabric’s too… Soft?”

“Eh? You want them hard? So it’s like—“

“Perhaps he meant something like a military jacket?”

“Ah…”

The voice made them shift their attention. Sigulf immediately recognized her.

“Good morning, Sigulf, Miss Hrimgard.”

“Oh, good morning, Ma’am.”

Sigulf slightly bowed towards the approaching Victoria. Vigdis kept her cautious stance, though.

“Out shopping? I see you are interested in fashion too.”

“Eh, well… Maybe a bit…?” Sigulf scratched his cheek, not really sure on how to answer. “How about you, Ma’am? A break from work?”

“Oh, how nice of you to ask. Yes, for the most part. I still have to check some stores’ administration and management.”

“I see… Even on day off…”

“I have to. But thanks for caring. Though…” she put her finger on her own lips. “I suppose I could use some—“

Vigdis quickly pulled Sigulf in and hugged him tightly.

“…oh my, I suppose everything is going well, Miss Hrimgard?”

“Oh, don’t worry. Everything’s under control. By the way, fancy seeing you here too, Miss Stark. Fufu…”

“Ufufu…”

Both were smiling and chuckling towards each other. But Sigulf knows well it’s an incredibly cold one.

‘Not again… And everyone’s looking…!’

“M, Master…! Can we go already? Clothes, remember?”

“Whoops, sorry. So, um, you wanted something similar-but-not-quite like a military jacket? You should’ve said so from the beginning.”

“I think I have a rough idea on what it is.” Victoria added. “Mind if I help you?”

“Oh, thank you very much, but—“

“Sure, why not?”

Vigdis immediately looked at him with shock.

“E, eh? What?”

“Why, son!? Whyyyyyyyy!?”

Victoria merely chuckled in triumph.

———

After things calmed down, the three resumed Sigulf’s new clothes hunt, which end up took shorter than initially expected, thanks to Victoria’s help.

“Hmm…” Sigulf looks down on his new outfit.

“Something’s wrong?” Vigdis asked.

“Somehow, it doesn’t look right…”

“Maybe because you button it all? Try unbuttoning half of them from the top.” Victoria suggested.

“Eh? You mean like— Oh!”

“You’re right! It looks better now! You look cool, boy!”

“R, really?”

“You certainly are. You look fine in those.”

“T, thank you…”

Getting praised by two older, beautiful women is a bit too much for Sigulf. Still, he can’t deny that he likes it.

‘…and it’s nice to see them not going at each other like usual.’

“You are welcome.” Victoria winked. “So… I see you like this style of clothing. Now I know what to get for your birthday.”

“My, how generous! But please don’t worry about that. We can manage it by ourselves, thank you very much!” Vigdis immediately countered.

“Now, now, what are you getting apprehensive for, I wonder?”

“Oh, no, no~ I’m just making sure my boy is safe from dangers on this academy~”

“Ufufufufufu…”

“Ohohohohoho…”

‘…never mind.’

———

Moments later, the three exited the store, with Sigulf now holding a medium sized bag in his hand.

“You sure it’s okay to buy three of them?” Vigdis asked. “I mean, I know you liked them, but—“

“They are not the same though…? Different colors, slightly different style…” Sigulf responded.

“Hmm… But don’t you think you will need another set?” Victoria joined. “Like, say… A formal suit?”

“A formal suit, huh… But I don’t think—“

“Oh, don’t worry. I would gladly pay for it. How’s that sound?”

“Eh!? But I can’t—“

“What are you trying to pull!?” Vigdis interrupted.

“Oh, no, nothing at all~ I’m just thinking it would be nice to see a dear student of mine grow up nicely, fufufu~”

“I, it’s alright…” Sigulf quickly said. “I’m happy with the sentiment, but… Let me earn it on my own.”

“Oh, is that so? Good to hear, then. And quite the nice mindset too.” She praised, and gently brushed Sigulf’s hair affectionately.

“U, uu…”

“Gununununu…! Stop being nice to him!”

“Ah…!”

Vigdis refused to lose and forcefully gets her hand in, brushing his hair as well.

‘…aahh, feels like my mental age is getting younger~ …wait, it’s too dangerous!!’

“C, cut it out, you two! Everyone’s watching!”

“Oh my, I’m sorry about that. Fufu~”

“Mu… What happened during my absence that Siggy-boy became colder to me, and preferred Stark instead?” Vigdis pouts.

“You want to know?”

“Nothing! At all!” he immediately cut her off. “Anyways! Lunch, lunch! Why don’t we get them!?”

“Let’s leave it at that for now.” Victoria chuckled. “Well then, about our lunch— …no, I’m sure you won’t let me pay, will you, Miss Hrimgard?”

“Well, yeah…!” Vigdis pulled Sigulf closer. “If he’s to grow up, then would it be better if you don’t indulge him, Miss Stark?”

“Oh, that’s a nice one. Now if only those words have a little bit more weight on them…”

“Ugh…!”

‘…haaah. This is kinda nice and all, but when will I have time for something duel-related?’

———

And thus, after some discussion, they decided to have lunch at some middle of the road restaurant. The presence of the Headmistress obviously turned people’s heads, but Victoria opted to ignore them and chat with the Hrimgards instead.

“So, Sigulf…” Victoria began while putting down her cup. “Are you seeing someone?”

“Eh!? Well…”

“…wait, is it even your business?”

“Hmm, you might be right, it isn’t. But whether to answer or not is his choice, no?”

“You…”

“No, it’s alright. I mean, well… I’m not seeing anyone…”

“Ah, I see. I’m sorry to hear that.” She somehow sounded genuinely sympathetic. “So, were you trying to dress to impress?”

“…yeah, something like that.”

“Hmm…”

“What is it to you?” Vigdis interjected.

“Curiosity. Plus, I’d like to know who I am up against.”

“You’re the damned Principal…! What are you thinking, acting like that towards your student…!?”

“Oh, and what is this ‘act’ are you talking about?”

Vigdis didn’t bother to reply and slammed the table, standing in fury. Other cafegoers immediately looked at their direction.

‘Shit shit shit! Why things went like this!?’

“…relax, Miss Hrimgard.” Victoria chuckled despite all that. “If he said no, then I will stop. I am not the one who would force things.”

Vigdis calmed down a bit, yet still wary of her.

“…Sigulf?” she glanced towards her disciple.

“Err…” he can only scratch his cheek, slightly looking away.

‘Sorry, Master…!’

“O, oh, come on! You can’t be serious! What will Celina say!?”

“M, Master…!”

“Ah, so it is Bartram after all he’s interested in. Not surprising.”

‘…too obvious, huh?’

“And knowing that, what are you going to do about that?”

“…Miss Hrimgard, I believe you have misunderstood me. In addition to loathe being forceful, I too despise to disturb or disrupt anyone’s business, especially my own students.” She sighed. “It’s just that I prefer… A more proactive approach.”

“…how is that supposed to make things better!?”

Trying to ignore the two, Sigulf silently sipped his drink in exasperation.

“Well, with that out of the way, I believe I have few words of wisdom for Sigulf regarding this.”

“…eh? Really?”

“Really. And before any of you asked, have my words: I only expect one thing in return. …although, it would be lonely if he did choose her.”

“…that one thing is the one concerns me the most.”

“Why, you don’t have to worry. I simply ask him to commit, that’s all.”

“Umm, I don’t really get it, so would you please elaborate?” Sigulf asked.

“Right… Since we are talking about Bartram here… Well, I’m sure you have figured it by now, but you have to commit yourself to studying the art of dueling.”

“O, oh…”

“Falling in love is nice and all, but please don’t forget the first and main reason you are here. Because, even if it’s against you, the moment your performance fails or worse, then I wouldn’t hesitate to take some necessary actions.”

“…”

No playfulness or flirtiness in her voice. Even Vigdis went seriously silent, as she knows that she can at least agree with the points Victoria trying to convey. Although…

“By worse here… You don’t mean it’s related to our grades, right?” he asked again.

“Correct. Do you remember… What our council is trying to do?”

“Yeah…”

“Fufu, then I believe I have nothing more to say. You are strong; both because of your own talent and her teaching.”

‘…but power tempts, and that small taste of power is what makes those nobles act like they are. …is what she is trying to say.’

“…thank you, Ma’am. I will keep them in my mind.”

“My pleasure. I like it better when you shine, after all. Especially when it comes from your own hard work.” Victoria winked.

“…just when I thought I would have a better opinion of you.” Vigdis sighed. “And what, if it’s about the importance about hard work, Sigulf already heard it first, numerous times even.”

“Oh my, looks like I was beaten to the punch again. I must say, I’m a little bit jealous with how strong your love is.”

“W, well, duh…!” Vigdis huffed her chest smugly, making Sigulf blush a bit at the sight. “I’m his Master, after all!”

“Ufufufufu…”

“A, ahahahahah…”

‘Their loves are heavy…’ Sigulf thought.

———

After their luch, Victoria excused herself earlier to resume some work, leaving Sigulf and Vigdis on their way to the dorm.

“…you look a bit restless there.”

“…my hands are itching for some swing.”

“Her words really got to you, huh? Well, as much as I can’t really stand her, she’s right. You gotta try hard, especially for yourself.”

“Yeah…”

“…hey, mind if I ask something?”

“Sure, what is— It!?”

Much to his surprise, Vigdis was giving him a scary smile.

“So, why don’t you mind her presence a bit?”

“T, that’s… That’s bec— Owowowowow!”

Vigdis pinched his cheeks and pulled them repeatedly.

“Yes, yes… I know she’s classy, gorgeous and busty, unlike old me… Sob, sob…”

“What are you saying, Master!? You are plenty cute yourself!”

“But not as hot as her, right?”

“…you are already cute on your own way— Owowow! S, sorry…!!”

It took a while before Sigulf finally got forgiven, and could spend his day practicing at the automaton center.

14