Chatpter 1 Moon Pack
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amarock was a young wolf pup filled with energy, excitement and the craving for adventure. He and his twin sister Tundra had snuck out of the den many times, but today was different. Today they were old enough to get to be a part of the pack. They could go out wherever they wanted as long as they passed the test. 

Now Amarock was a gray-brown wolf with streaks of white throughout his fur and around the root of his tail. He was a part of one of the strongest packs in the forest, the moon pack. Amarock’s eyes were light blue and they were shining that morning. Amarock pounced on his sister waking her up. 

She sighed 

‘What?’ 

‘Today is the Moon trials!!’ 

She tried to push her by pawing his face.

‘Get off’ she moaned, not trying to put any effort into pushing her brother off. 

‘What are you doing?’ 

‘Oh! Umm, hi Alpine, Tundra do you want to tell our sister what we are doing?’

‘None of your business Alphine.’

Amarock smacked Tundra with his paw. ‘Really?’ he hissed in her ear. ‘Yes really!’ she snapped back. 

‘Ehem’

The two twins looked up at they’re older sister. She was tall with mostly brown fur and hazel eyes. Or as they’re mother called her ‘Perfect’. Amarock got off of Tundra and she flopped back down and abruptly closed her eyes. ‘Hey Alphine!’ Amarock called. ‘What Amma?’ Amma is what the pack called Amarock because his name was hard for the young pups to say. 

‘Are you coming to watch me and Tundra’s Moon Trials today?’

‘Yes I am Amma-’

‘Could you guys shut up and let me sleep?!?!’

Alphnie rolled her eyes clearly appalled ‘I’m sorry but when did anyone teach you to talk like that!’ she said. Tundra sat up and shrugged. ‘Fine bicker all you want. I’m hungry anyway.’ She padded out of the den.

‘Why does she hate me?’ sighed Alphnie. ‘She doesn’t hate you. She just doesn’t respect you.’ said Amarock trying to help when he clearly wasn't. 

‘Just go get some food Amma. You’ll need it when you conquer the Moon Trials!’ 

‘Ok’ Amarock smiled and padded out of the den to get some food.

Once he was out he turned left into the forest because he knew that was the best place to stalk deer. He walked out trying his best not to step on the newly fallen leaves. He heard rustling, his ears shot straight up and he listened closely. He heard crunching noises. He quickly crouched down and saw a deer.

He slowly walked forward as soon as he knew he was in range he pounded claws ahead of him. He tackled the deer down to the ground and bit it’s neck. He dragged it back to the outside of the den. The young pups and adult came around it and started eating. Amarock bit off a piece of its leg and ate carefully. 

He saw Tundra and Alphnie on the far side of the den. Alphnie was trying to get Tundra to wash herself in the river, and Tundra was clearly trying to ignore her. Amarock padded to them as soon as he got close enough to hear them Tundra snapped.

‘Just stop!’

‘I’m only trying to help you.’

‘I don’t need help.’ 

‘Well you sure look like it!’

‘What’s that supposed to mean!!’

‘Your always dirty, you always do everything your way, your- just- acting like a rouge!’

Her words shot Amarock like a bullet. He knew how sensitive Tundra was about rouges, and so did Alphnie. So why was she going out of her way to piss off Tundra? 

‘Alphnie.’ Tundra said sharply ‘You know you aren’t supposed to talk like that.’

‘So? I mean it’s not like you’ll do anything about it.’ 

Tundra growled, flexed her claws and looked Alphnie in the eyes.

She looked at Amarok, his eyes pleading her not to do anything stupied.

Tundra sighed, started to walk away, then she turned around, looked Alphnie in the eyes and said.

‘Next time don’t be so sure.’

‘She always does this.’ Tundra heard Alphine murmur to her friend. 

‘She practically a rogue anyway.’

Tundra turned and jumped toward Alphnie anger in her eyes, claws outstretched. 

She toppled onto Alphnie reselling her around in the dust.

Alphnie in shock and delight reselled her back pushing her and clearly overpowering her little sister. Soon a crowd formed and they’re mother pushed her way through the sea of wolves.

She jumped into the russell on the ground and separated the Omega and the unnamed wolf. 

Diamond Dust glanced at the girls and sighed. ‘You can't do this.’

She glared at Tundra and muttered

‘Especially not with moon trials coming up.’

‘But mom-’

‘I don’t wanna hear it now, go get ready. Me and your father are going on a hunt patrol with your brother.’

Tundra’s eyes gleamed with pride. Amarock was already fitting in with the tribe.

Diamond Dust looked from Alphine to Tundra and decided it was fine to go with them if they behaved. 

‘I will!’ said Tundra eager to get away from the den.

Once they were out in the forest Tundra’s anger from the morning seemed to melt away and disappear into the trees. She had caught many next to the den but this was different because there were so many different things to catch here.

Alphine looked around swiping her tail at bugs as they went. 

‘When are we going to find something to catch-’

‘Shh!’ Tundra and Amarock said at the same time.

Alphine rolled her eyes and walked a little faster.

Tundra saw that Amarock decided to go off the trail so she went the other way. Feather Falls, their father, decided to follow her. Tundra heard rustling in the bushes and saw a rabbit nibbling on something. 

She crouched down praying her dad wouldn't go for it first. 

The bush was far away but she couldn’t get any closer because all around the bush were dry leaves that would crunch if she stepped on them. 

The bush was far and there was no way she would be able to get it but she decided to try. 

She got as close as she could to the bush without stepping on anything and pounced. 

Her hind legs sprang her forward she pushed with her front paws to aim in the direction of the rabbit. 

She pushed too hard and skimmed the top leaves of the bush and hit the ground hard on the other side of the bush scaring the rabbit away.

Feather Falls rushed over to Tundra.

‘Are you ok?!?!’

‘Did you see that!’

Tundra was smiling she had over jumped a jump she thought she couldn’t make.

She didn’t even notice her paw was a bit twisted. 

She stood up and immediately flopped down again.

Feather Falls smiled ‘You flew’ he said solemnly. Tundra turned around and saw Amarock and Diamond Dust staring at them.

Amarock rushed over to Tundra.

‘What happened!?’ 

‘Jumped too high over that bush and kinda- fell.’ Tundra admitted.

She hated it when her brother got all worried. 

Diamond Dust walked over to Tundra calmly.

‘Does it hurt?’ She asked quietly

Tundra shook her head

‘No.’ 

‘We should get back to the den.’ 

‘But we haven’t caught anything!’

‘Your won’t catch anything with that paw anyway.’ said Alphine. 

‘Will to!’

Tundra turned to her brother. He was staring at Alphine like she had broken his favorite moss ball. ’

Diamond Dust, Feather Falls, Tundra, and Alphine were staring at Amarock in shock. He wasn’t one to talk back.

Tundra boosted herself up on three paws and started walking toward the trees.

‘Where are you going?’ asked Alphine. 

‘To hunt.’ said Tundra casually.

Amarock smiled. And turned to Alphine.

‘You coming?’

‘Yeah!’

2