Battle In The Old World
360 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I still had a hard time wrapping my head around everything that had happened. All of this information was just too much for me. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do from that point on. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and my parents called me down. I was surprised to see Rose.

"Rose!" I exclaimed, "What are you doing here?"

"I came looking for you." she said, "We need to go back."

"Y-yeah, but how?" I said.

"Someone came here trying to kill you, didn't they?" asked Rose.

"Yeah, I guess." I said.

"That's why I'm saying we need to go back home." said Rose.

"Again, how are we going to do that?" I asked.

"From what I understand, it'll take a while." said Rose, "Travelling between worlds takes quite a bit of time from what I hear."

"In that case," my mother said, "why don't you stay with us until you can go back?"

"Oh, uh, s-sure." said Rose.

Then my mother had me lead her up to my room. The second she went inside, she couldn't stop herself from laughing.

"W-what's so funny?" I responded.

"This really is a boy's room!" she said, still laughing.

"About that," I said, "I feel like I should tell you something."

After that, I told her all that information that my parents had dropped on me that night. She listened very closely to everything I had to say. Somehow though, it didn't really seem to surprise her at all.

"Does your sister know about this?" asked Rose.

"I... don't know." I replied, "Even if she did, she probably wouldn't tell us. Getting anything out of her would be a great pain."

"Anyways," said Rose, "we're stuck here for now, so we'll just do what we can."

"Y-yeah." I said.

"Be careful tomorrow." warned Rose.

After that warning, it was honestly very hard to sleep. I had lived a normal life previously, then I was thrown into a magic world with a new gender, then I found out that magic world was my original home along with the fact that my new gender was my real gender all along, and in the end, I was just very confused. The next day, we went to school and somehow, Rose was able to transfer in.

"This late in the year?" one of the students said, "Is that even allowed?"

"It's due to certain... circumstances." our teacher said, "I can't disclose the details with all of you. I could lose my job."

Thankfully, Rose was able to find a seat. She seemed to fit into the class just fine. However, just when I thought the day could go normally, something happened. When class was over, there was this huge explosion in the middle of the classroom and the cause of it was... Naomi.

"Thought you could hide, huh?" said Naomi, "I'm going to take you out this time!"

"Everyone, run!" one of the students yelled.

"Looks like we have to do this." said Rose.

"Y-yeah." I said, "You should probably get going too, Oswin."

"No way." he said, "That short time I spent training with Wendy would be meaningless if I ran off."

"But you can't use magic." I said.

"It's not whether or not one can use magic," said Oswin, "it's about if one can fight."

"That's nice." said Rose, "But what if you die?"

"All you can use is healing magic." said Oswin, "Wouldn't having someone else fight be useful?"

"Whatever." said Rose, "Don't blame me if anything happens to you."

"Are you three done fighting amongst yourselves!?" asked Naomi.

"For now." I said, shooting lasers out of my hands.

Like I expected, Naomi dodged them.

"You're going to have to do a lot better than that." said Naomi.

"It's not my fault you're dodging." I said.

"It's not my fault you have terrible aim!" said Naomi.

"Hey, I don't have to worry about that anymore!" I shouted.

"What are you talking about?" asked Rose.

"You know she was talking about your fighting, right?" asked Oswin.

"S-shut up!" I said.

I shot out fireballs at her, but she dodged everyone. The next thing I knew, Oswin pulled out a sword and ran for Naomi.

"W-where did you get that!?" I exclaimed.

"It was a gift from Wendy," answered Oswin, "it's a magical sword that stays hidden until I need it and then it functions like any other sword."

Naomi then pulled out a sword of her own and the two of them were swordfighthing.

"How long is this going to go on!?" I asked.

We kept making our attacks, trying to defeat our opponent, but no matter what we did, it seemed that our fight just dragged on. As a result of our continuous fight, the school building ended up getting completely destroyed. And it seems there were some witnesses too. Our classmates couldn't believe what they were seeing at all.

"Crap. We've been seen." said Oswin.

"Now's not the time to be worrying about that." I said.

The next thing I knew, we were fighting in the middle of our neighborhood. Rose kept healing us when we were hurt and I kept striking with my magic attacks. As for Oswin, he just kept pulling out physical weapons. Once he lost the sword, he pulled out a pair of knives and was blocking Naomi's sword pretty well with them. Then, he dropped the knives and started shooting at her with two guns.

"Damn." said Naomi, "I wasn't expecting a magicless plebian to be so tough."

"W-what did you just call me!?" exclaimed Oswin.

Their fight got more intense and I decided to help. I shot more lasers at Naomi and managed to land a hit. We kept going and going until she was too tired to keep going.

"Don't think you've won yet!" said Naomi, "Not when you haven't seen my final form!"

"Final... form?" I replied, "What do you think this is? A video game?"

"It's more like a novel written by a gamer." replied Oswin.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said.

"We're not finished yet." said Naomi, as her figure ended up turning into a dark silhouette.

"I don't like where this is going." commented Oswin.

12