Chapter 9
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since that attack, everyone has been more alert than usual. Even the ship's crew scans the horizon for any sign of hostile ships when on a break.

Speaking of nothing else to do, I'm inside the Captain's office playing cards with him. We've been sailing for two days now, yet there's been no news of the intruder. They probably think I'm a liar because of that. But hopefully, that is just me being pessimistic. My troops have not changed their attitude towards me. As for the Captain...,

"What is it? Got a good hand?" The Captain catches me staring at him.

"Ah, no. I was just wondering about something," I put down my cards in surrender. "Captain, I'm worried that the intruder might have been busy these past couple of days."

"Worrying alone won't do anything, you know. You have to take action! But if you can't even lift a finger, then, whatever happens, happens."

"I can't tell if that's optimistic or pessimistic, Captain Greene."

"Please, you know that I'm both."

The two of us play a few more rounds until it is time for supper. Just as we are about to proceed to the mess, we meet Orange. She has sunset orange hair that grows to neck length and is Yellow's maid. She's also beautiful, but unlike Black's aloof nature, the impression I got from Orange these couple of days is that she's the cheerful type.

Orange voted for me to be tossed overboard, though, so I cannot be blamed if I'm not too friendly with her. She's sexy, though.

"Hey~" Orange waves at us with a sweet smile.

"Wassup?" Captain Greene greets her with a smile of his own.

I do nothing but listen to their exchange. Both Captain Greene and Orange already got used to me ignoring the four people who tried to vote me off, so I was there left alone, waiting for them to finish.

From what I could gather from their chatter, it seems that the cook finished preparing the meals earlier than expected and that almost everyone has done eating. The knights and their servants, on the other hand, are taking their stored food as a precautionary measure since they can not brush aside my testimony too easily about the intruder still being here.

Finally speaking their goodbyes to each other, Captain Greene and I continue to the mess where we stumble upon a tragic sight. The ship's crew are lying dead or almost dead, foaming visible on the mouth. Seeing this, the Captain ran up to the upper deck to check on the rest.

Next chapter in 3 days

What do I do?
  • Chase after Captain Greene Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Check on the people inside the mess Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Check on my troops via the transceiver Votes: 3 60.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Jan 30, 2021 08:38 PM.
4