Chapter 15: A Flowery Revenge
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You shall understand the story and terms better if you also visit My Town's Been Infiltrated By Monsters.

 

From time to time, I will see Sgt. Rose, a.k.a Pink, with a villainous smile. And every time she does, it is on a battlefield.

The sight of blood shall trigger her desire to fight and survive. All Silver Mavericks are apparently like this. Pink confesses that it is the training method used by the kingdom's Hero, Lime.

Although only about 3 for every 10 Mavericks can be called elite fighters, the remaining seven are just on par or slightly better than a regular foot soldier. I do not think that they are being trained as soldiers in the first place, for the heavy majority live on normally as peaceful civilians of the nation. Which means they are shadows, gathering intel and using it to their benefit--selling or through blackmail.

That is just a hunch, though.

Either way, Pink is among those elite. Even though it has only been her third year in the army, she has already reached Sergeant rank.

It will not be something out of the ordinary if she is a man. Some will even be Sergeant in just two years.

But, for a woman, promotions do not come as often. Rose got the record of being the fastest to achieve it and be among the few women Sergeants. If it's her, she may even be the first-ever to reach Lieutenant rank.

Her achievements on and off the battlefield are just that valuable.

Be that as it may, her cruel smile is as dangerous as the thorns of a rose. Pun not intended. Thy regret shall come if you be the enemy who carelessly touch said rose.

However, I am like a bee who is always in awe every time she exhibits her lethality. It is a mighty flower that no bee deserves. Thus, I keep watching.

Woe to my heart, what shall I do when the flower herself beckons me so?

"Nice smile you got there. Do you have something in mind?" My question snaps Pink's attention to me.

"Well," Pink bumps me on the arm. "Don't you think it's too easy if we kill them immediately?"

Does she mean to say torture? Sure, I might punch them once or twice, but anything more than that is out of my league. Not to mention that we are already pushing our luck by taking revenge since their allies in the nobles will surely put some pressure on the army's high brass to punish us.

The investigators only need to ask the other survivors, and that's the end.

"We don't do that here."

"Not we. I know someone from Arkbay who would be happy to have them. We won't have anything to do with their disappearance. No war crime or treason here." Pink opens her arms like it is one of the best ideas ever.

Ugh. Just hearing the word 'treason' makes me want to turn back on our little adventure. We are supposed to protect our heavily armored guests. Fortunately, the enraged part of me does not let go. They poisoned everyone. A royal decree or not, I badly want to throw their bodies overboard. It is easy pinning the blame on the intruder.

"Are you sure it will be safe? How are we going to give them to your acquaintance in the first place?" Also, that person sounds creepy. Accepting people to torture does not sound like a great hobby at all.

"As I said, we won't do anything. The Syndicate will be the ones to come to us."

My jaw drops at the mention of the group. They have been notorious for causing various disappearances and assassinations in the realm for the past decade.

But wait, this only confirms my idea about the Mavericks!

"And how exactly are we going to contact them?" I do not believe the messenger birds here know about Arkbay.

"The transceiver!" Pink announces.

"The what? How?"

"Lieutenant, you ask too many questions." Pink opens her palm in front of me.

Does she want to borrow the transceiver?

Do I let her use the transceiver?
  • Yes. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Only squad leaders are legally allowed to use them. Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Meh. Votes: 2 66.7%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Mar 28, 2021 11:49 PM.
3