Chapter 21: No Hand
45 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yellow's eyes are bloodshot. With an angry scream, he charges towards the captain.

I can intercept Yellow here, but I doubt that the captain will immediately assist me. It may just become another 1v1.

In that case, I shall let Yellow reach Captain Greene. Then, I will swoop in. That will make it a 2v1.

Yellow takes a wide swing at Greene, the latter easily dodging at the attack.

My turn.

With smooth steps, I position myself at Yellow's left side. Waiting for the proper time that Yellow is not looking, I strike.

Alas, Yellow will not go down with one strike as he still managed to dodge it. Then, I shall strike again. I follow him and keep up the pressure, my sword meeting his in a beautiful dance of blades. However, I mix in a trap.

Every time I push, I make it so that Yellow gets closer and closer to Greene. With Greene not making any sound, Yellow needs to look his way from time to time despite being busy with me. And that makes it easier for me to hit the gap in his armor.

When I finally touched flesh, despite it being shallow, is the moment that the equality has finally shifted, turning into a slight advantage--a small edge in this battle that we shall not waste.

Captain Greene and I move at the same time from different directions. Yellow may be a good swordsman, but since both of us are on par with each other, the addition of one more man against Yellow, plus the antsy wound on his torso, has given me the best advantage I can muster since this started.

I create a feint, then a strike. Yellow tries to block. However, by doing so, the sword cuts a couple of his fingers. An agonizing scream rang throughout the deck as Yellow clutches his injured hand.

Meanwhile, Greene's effort to put his steel inside Yellow has been unsuccessful as White finally steps in to protect his companion. White blocks the strike, forcing Green to step back from the new challenger. Or is he?

"Wait!" White bellows. "Let's put a stop to this already. This situation confuses me a lot. However, let me ask this of you."

White gulps, and so do I.

"Are you the ones who poisoned everyone in the ship?"

"Heck no!" I immediately answer. "It was Yel- I mean, it was Baron Baffoon and his maid who did it!"

"That's not true!" Yellow shouts over his agonizing face. "There is no way I would order something like that. You're the ones who killed them!"

My face twitches at his accusations. The nerve!

But, wait a minute. Is it possible that Yellow really doesn't have a hand-- pfft--on this?

But what about Orange's unnatural involvement in serving the meal?

 


 

Vote at the poll below to contribute to the path of the next chapter! Don't be shy.

Huh?!
  • Ask about Orange. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask about Red. Votes: 2 100.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Jul 3, 2021 06:53 AM.
3