One
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Host! Get ready for the memories of the original! For convenience, all the names of the people you enter are called Xander! >

Suddenly pain shot through Xander’s head and he winced as several pictures and scenes swirled in his mind. Xander Riley, the original body, was a typical cannon fodder. His whole purpose seemed to have been the spark that led to the relationship between the Protagonist and his love interest.

This world was much more technologically advanced than his original world. There was a heavy emphasis on military might as they constantly fought against mutated beasts. Due to this, there were special academies that trained talented people to fight against these beasts. And in one of the most prestigious academies, Rhodes, is where Xander was now at.

To fight against the mutated beasts Cards had been created. By engraving these Cards with Runes, it was possible for someone to possess incredible powers. This meant that a Card Engraver was one of the most valued occupations, as without cards no matter how brilliant at combat you were, you couldn’t defeat a mutated beast. The original body happened to be a very talented individual within the Engraver department in Rhodes Academy. And his best friend Bayley Klein, the protagonist of this world, happened to also be a top student within the same department. All seemed to be going well for Xander, but when he fell in love with Ethan Lancaster, the best in the combat department, it all collapsed.  

Xander was obsessed with Card engraving so when he saw Ethan, who seemed kind and righteous and was able to use Cards excellently, he fell in love. He had thought that no one would be able to show the might of his Cards better than Ethan. And as Ethan reciprocated his feelings he was infatuated. A perfect relationship. However, his friend, Bayley Klein was jealous. He had liked Ethan since he was young and now Xander who was better at him at engraving, the love of all the staff and students had also caught the eye of the most wanted man in Rhodes. Overrun with envy, Bayley decided that everything Xander had should be his. 

From there it was just a series of misfortunes for Xander, his new rune designs were stolen, his reputation ruined and the card he engraved with all his heart for Ethan was tampered with causing Ethan to be injured during the graduation exam. Though he tried to fight back no one believed him. Even Ethan himself destroyed his hands in retaliation. Xander was distraught. Why did no believe him? Since whole life was destroyed, was there any point in living?

<Host, your mission in this world is to fulfil the wish of the original body, in this case, the wish has to do with his stolen rune design and his ruined reputation.>

After assimilating all the information, Xander opened his eyes, he was sitting in a large hall with a stage at the front. There were rows of seats filled with excited people, who looked around 20 years old. Due to how far the stage was from the seats, two large screens hovered in the air showing a close-up of the stage.  Through the screen, he could see an older man wearing what looked to be thin body armour. The whole set up seemed very futuristic.

“Welcome youths to your last year at Rhodes! This year is dedicated for you to show off your talents! Do well and your future is immeasurable!”

Xander smiled. This was going to be fun.

0