Epilogue – Euphoria
110 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dim light greeted Dr. Shin Kagami when his eyes re-opened after what seemed like forever. He was sure that he would have landed in prison or something for questioning, but seeing as he was not behind bars nor did he have any restraints, that scenario did not come to be.

"I see that you're awake. You had a good rest, Doctor."

Dr. Kagami could hear a vaguely recognizable voice, but he could not piece together his current location with the senses that he had.

All he saw was the dim light over him and the dark surroundings. He could, at the very least, figure out that he was on a surprisingly comfortable bed.

Turning to the side, he saw numerous monitors lined up before the voice that he heard spoke once again.

"I guess 'long time no see' is more proper for this kind of meeting, don't you think?"

"Y-you're..."

The sight of the person with silver hair and the white long coat emerging from the shadows triggered the doctor's memories into returning. He knew this person. In fact, it was this person that once saved him and gave him another chance at life.

Now, he looked slightly older and had glasses, but he exuded the same strong aura that he did in their first meeting.

"How has life been treating you?" asked the handsome silver-haired man.

He retained the slim frame from three years ago, and he took a seat beside the fallen Kagami while wearing a warm smile.

"I doubt you need to ask me that to know the answer."

"Nothing wrong with greeting a previous acquaintance."

He then took out a cigarette and lit it up.

"I hope you don't mind me smoking, being a doctor and all."

Dr. Kagami weakly shook his head.

"Indeed, I have kept tabs on your activities through... connections," resumed the silver-haired man. "I would like to congratulate you for doing a lot of the work. When I heard about the state that you were in a few days ago, I just had to intervene."

The silver-haired man kept talking, not giving the doctor any chance to ask questions regarding his point person.

"Thanks to info that we got from your files, we have gotten some tips on how we should proceed with our actions."

"Info? We?" asked the doctor, much more reprehensibly this time.

"You remember the question I asked you before?"

Dr. Kagami nodded confidently as the words of this man from years ago echoed in his mind. He had asked him if he wanted to change the world.

"With Mu's power, we can change the world. We can rewrite it. Together with me and the rest of Euphoria, we shall lead this unfair world to its upheaval, Shin Kagami."

"Euphoria?" asked Dr. Kagami.

Just then, he noticed a third person step down from a crate of boxes. He wondered how long that person has been there, but he found other more striking things about this youth.

The spiky-haired person wore a fragmented mask, and while it was not so clear due to the darkness, he seemed to be missing his entire right arm.

He stood in wait while the silver-haired man extended his hand out to Dr. Kagami.

"This time, will you ride with me? Come, and we shall lead this world to a new beginning!"

Dr. Kagami made no effort to resist this charismatic man's inviting gaze.

The battle is only beginning.

4