The Bell Test
1.6k 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto, some stuff I like is Ramen and Pranks. Something I dislike is when people disregard or disrespect me. My goal is to become stronger than the Hokages and then have everyone look up to me and acknowledge me!"

Kakashi sensei just stared at me for a moment probably thinking my goal was ridiculous then moved on to Sasuke.

" My name is Uchiha Sasuke and there aren't really any things that I like. Things that I dislike there's many of those. And if I was to call it a goal it would be to resurrect the Uchiha clan to its former glory... and to kill a certain person"

I felt a shiver go through my body as I could feel the hate Sasuke had for Itachi. Kakashi sensei gave Sasuke a knowing look then moved on to Sakura.

After Sakura used her introduction to simp over Sasuke, and casually insult me saying I was someone she hates, sensei started to talk about our training.

" We'll start off with survival training tomorrow, show up to the field and skip breakfast you might throw up." said sensei.

"But what about missions? We did plenty of training in the academy" Sakura spoke up.

Sensei started to laugh. " This won't be the normal type of training that you did at the academy." Sensei's face darkens as he speaks in a grave tone. " Tomorrow you'll be graded to see if you all are truly worthy of being a ninja. Of the 27 students that graduated only nine will pass the test to go on to be genin." He gave us a piece of paper that showed us the info we would need for tomorrow then walked away.

After the meeting, I went back to training. I put 4 clones in use by making them do the tree climbing training, but this time I also used some clones to do water walking training. I knew the fight with Kakashi sensei would be next to a lake so I want to get every advantage I can before we fight him.

Keeping up my clones for as long my chakra would last, then training just by myself was what I did for the rest of the day. I had mostly mastered tree climbing, but I would need more practice to actually run upside down or sideways for a long time. I had also gotten fairly good at water walking and would be able to use it if I needed it against Kakashi sensei for our fight. I headed back to my apartment feeling as prepared as can be to fight sensei.

The next morning I took my life getting to the training field, I knew sensei would be late again anyway. I ate a full breakfast and got my ninja tools ready including a bunch of paper bombs and fake paper bombs. I don't know why Naruto never used them in the original timeline, they would work perfectly together with shadow clones.

As I walked towards the training field I noticed that Sasuke and Sakura were already there was Kakashi sensei was nowhere to be seen. We waited for another 10 minutes when we saw sensei finally arrive on the field.

"YOU'RE LATE" we all shouted at him.

He took out a clock and set an alarm for noon and started explaining the bells and how they worked to us.

"There are only two bells, so one of you is guaranteed to fail the test. If you fail the test and don't get a bell by noon you'll be sent back to the academy. It's only possible for 2 of you to pass, but all of you can fail if no one gets a bell from me. You better be prepared to come at me with the intent to kill otherwise you won't get anywhere."

I didn't interrupt him while he was talking and did a quick scan of the surroundings as he explained the test.

"Alright now that you guys have a jist of things we can begin, READY, START!!!"

Right when sensei shouted START, the three of us dashed into the surrounding trees to find cover. I wouldn't be so stupid to charge at him like Naruto originally had.

After just watching him for a few minutes to see if he would let his guard down, he reached for his ninja tools bag. I tensed up thinking he would finally make a move when he pulled out... Icha Icha Paradise. I should have known.

"The basics of a ninja are to hide oneself well, but remember you also have a time limit to think about."

I knew I couldn't sit here forever so I quickly made a shadow clone and sent it into the field to fight sensei.

"Get ready sensei," said my shadow clone while charging at him.

"I guess I should start teaching you about how to be a ninja now, lesson # 1 taijutsu."

My shadow clone started to fight sensei and right when sensei caught one of the punches it threw, I did a snake hand sign to detonate the paper bombs that were hidden on the clone.

There was a loud boom as a small cloud of smoke filled the area, I waited anxiously to see if my plan had worked.

31