Chapter 1
1.7k 7 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the kingdom, there was a king to rule, nobles to govern and the commoners to work. They build up the land and shape them into their own country. Yet, there was something even below the commoners.

The people of the slums.

These are those who could not afford anything, got into debt or being raised in a poor enviroment. If the nobility live in a luxurious world, the commoners live in the peaceful lands, the slums are made of people who live in a world where the strong survive and the weak would die.

This wasn't a place where a child should be raised but here i was, a child who was currently beaten up by a grown man after he was drunk and used me as a punching bag.

"Goddamn sht. You shouldn't have taken money from me you little fck."

"....."

With a worn out bag to cover my face, he spit out his saliva at me as he decided i was badly beaten up and left me there to die. After he left, i slowly stood up and manage to lean my back against the wall as i took a bread from my shirt and took a bite out of it.

It was covered in mud and blood but i didn't care and continue to munch the bread until i ate all of it.

"...ugh...."

The pain after the man beat me up was still all round me as i started to shed a tear through the eye socket of the bag i covered my head with. It made me recall my life here at the slums.

Either i'm a child unwanted by my parents or just a child who had his parents died after i was born. Nothing here matters now since all i could do was to do everything to survive and strive to live in this place. And with my face, my life only gets worse as i get continuously beaten up by people and grew more afraid of showing my face that i had to put on this bag into my head.

After having gain a bit of strength, i decided to stand up and limply look for something to eat for tomorrow.

Yet, instead of food that i found, i had found a young boy who was a bit older than me, while being chased by a group of men with weapons.

"Insolent brat! Give up and get capured already."

"I refuse you barbaric plebs! You should have just return me to my father and get spared a quick death."

The boy seems to be a noble as he turns back and spread his arm towards them.

"Oh lord of fire, grant me thy spell in burning the fools....Fireball!"

A small ball of flame started to gather in his palm and launch it towards the adults as the leader had used his axe to cover the blow but the other two weren't spared and got hit with the flames.

"Ggggaaaahhh!"

"Uuugghhhjaaa!"

The two started to burn to death and let go of their weapons as there was a dagger sliding towards me and picked it up.

The noble who didn't expect his attack to be blocked, turned pale as the man charged towards him as he swings his blade.

"Damn you brat!"

"!"

*Slash*

"Ugha..."

I managed to tackle the noble as i got hit by the axe, giving a deep wound to my chest as blood started to pour out of me. Yet, not missing the chance, i threw the knife from earlier and aimed it at his neck.

Having been surprise at me comming out of nowhere, he couldn't react to the knife and manage to hit his neck and dug deep inside which he started to choke and died.

Not having enough strength to steady myself from being blasted away from the blow and having a huge wound on my chest, i had crashed into the wall from the attack as i cough up blood.

The noble who seemed to snapped out from his confused look, he started to run towards me before i slowly lose my consciousness...

***

When i woke up, it seems to be that i'm currently in a room where i was closed to a window as i turned around to see a young girl the same age as me. Who was currently looking at me with a daze look.

I decided to check my face as i turned blue from the realization of the bag on my head being gone and tried to look for something to cover myself with.

Then, i spotted a demon face shaped mask on her lap and quickly grabbed it and used it to cover my face with it.

She was kinda surprised at my action yet was confused as to why was i covering my face but before she could ask, the door was strongly opened and a middle aged man walked in as he stares at me and the girl before glares at me with suspicion.

"Come with me." 

23