119: Tournament
1.9k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You said you wanted to make a bet. Although I didn't come here looking for trouble, I doubt a peaceful solution can be found. But, just in case, I'll ask. What kind of bet?"

 

"If I my side wins, you are to cancel your master-slave contract over Yarina, return her to us and furthermore enforce the traitor Leona to change her way of thinking and once again follow the natural order."

 

So he's going not only for Bessie, but for Leona too? This guy sure is greedy.

 

"And what happens if I win?"

 

"Fame, wealth and power. Normally everyone that came before me wanted one of those or all of them. But since you are the Maou I assume you already have those. So… tell me, is there perhaps something you desire from me? I'll grant it if it's within my power. However I must state, if you plan to go after Mimi too, I'll decline."

 

"I wasn't planning to ask that anyway. She's too annoying anyway."

 

"Why you! Let me at her! I'll slice her too bits!"

 

"Silence!"

 

What? You think I will go for every woman that hops in my way. Sorry. But this girl is too immature and totally not my type. Remodeling her would also just be a waste of time. So yeah, I don't need that headache.

 

There is only one answer I can give. This will assure that I can turn the demi-human nation into an ally. I don't plan to ask them to go to war with me or something. But if we are in danger, they will provide backup to me. I'm thinking in the long term. Having their strength on my side might be needed if I ever need to face Delta.

 

"Then if I win, how about you form an alliance with us Mazoku. You never interfered between us and the humans, but I feel this is a good opportunity for our nations to become friends."

 

"Lady Yurishia, you are indeed an interesting being. I know your aim."

 

"Well, you're asking me not only for Be… err Yarina, but Leona too. If there isn't an equal reward for me, why would I accept?"

 

"Very well then. It's a deal!"

 

"Your Majesty!?"

 

"Father!?"

 

"Will you shut up already? Do you really think so little of me and my warriors? The only reason I am accepting is because there is no way I can lose!"

 

There's a first thing for everything, you know.

 

"Vanis. Please escort our challengers to the guest rooms. Also make sure to explain all the rules about our tournament style. This concludes our negotiations. Rest well so that you can be at your best. Our match will take place in 3 days from now. After all, we need to prepare a proper area for us to let loose."

 

------

 

"For her to really be motivated by an alliance, although I think she mostly is interested in other women, but……”

 

Regulus Rex heard rumors that the new Maou really liked women, so he assumed he was a man. But today was a day full of surprises for the Beast Emperor. Also for Yurishia to ask for an alliance, raised various flags. Most importantly, does she want to resume the war with humanity and ask the demi-humans to join? She says she just wants a friendly relationship, but can he be sure?

 

“But still, is it really alright? To leave Yarina-sama in their hands……”

 

The birdman was named Oswald, and his anxiety is reasonable. Yurishia is, to put it bluntly, a completely unknown existence. It’s only natural to think that, what if something bad were to happen.

 

“I did it for Yarina’s sake. Wasn’t she also happy with it, eh? Although I can't completely overlook the master-slave contract, her eyes and her voice felt totally honest.”

 

“H-However…”

 

“Calm down Oswald. Just like I said before, she doesn't seem like someone who will willingly put herself into a troublesome situation. And she won’t do something that would make her lose our trust."

 

“I can’t believe it! As your royal advisor, I feel it's better to be cautious.”

 

“Then go ahead and observe her yourself.”

 

“That’s what I’m going to do.”

 

Saying that, Oswald leaves the Throne Room.

 

“*Sigh* He’s a stubborn guy as always.”

 

“Seeing the truth through his own eyes. Isn’t that a good thing?”

 

“Well, Mimi, I can’t refute to that. But now I will be honest. That woman triggered my sixth sense. She definitely made my fur tingle, hehehe!”

 

Seeing her father laughing happily, Mimi thought about something and then asks.

 

“Father, is the reason you specifically asked for our traditional style tournament? Is only Yarina your goal?”

 

“Nh? that’s what I said, right?”

 

“…………I don’t think that’s all, is it?”

 

“What you trying to say?”

 

“By any chance, could you just want to measure your strength against her, show her how beautiful our country is and actually try to pull that bitch to our side or something?”

 

“…………”

 

"Or making her have a hard time fighting if Yarina starts to awaken her emotions and see just how much she misses this place? Are you trying to appeal to her heart?"

 

"Hmph. I guess you know your old man too well. I won't lie, I was having thoughts like that along the line, but… I doubt it would work. I understand it now. She will move as she wants. No matter what obstacles block her way. But you know what? Getting Yarina back and seeing you two happily together again is in the end the best reason a father needs."

 

"Such a doting parent… but that's why I love you."

 

"Gahaha! That’s the best compliment for me! Gahahahahaha! Anyway, until we manage to make the necessary preparations, why don't you try spending some time with Yarina. You probably have lots to say to one another. I'm sure Yurishia won't interfere with that as long as she is under our roof.”

 

"Okay, daddy! I can't wait to see what stories big sis might tell me. I just hope her words will be genuine."

64