124: Yurishia takes the fray
1.8k 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Sylvia regained her conscious, her wounds were already healed. She looked around left and right. She saw me discussing something with the Beast Emperor.

 

"You okay, Sylvia?"

 

"Lumi-chan… what…?"

 

"Don't worry. Lady Yurishia will be here soon. The Beast Emperor is just apologizing to her."

 

 

"Apologies? For what?"

 

"Probably for me."

 

When Sylvia turned around, she saw Erina curled up behind her.

 

"Eeeh!? Erina-sama? But…"

 

Here's the situation. Erina only participated in this tournament because she was promised 3 months worth of tuna fish. And now technically… she doesn't see us as the enemy anymore. And for some reason, she's attached to our little gang. Basically, when this whole ordeal is over, she wants to come to the demon continent with us.

 

She got tired of demi-human county so she wants to take this opportunity and visit other places and eat all sorts of new delicious dishes. She reminds me of Sylvia when I first met her. A girl that wanted to see the world. And she keeps saying she likes my scent. So yeah… weird things happened.

 

"I did say I'd be willing to give you a lesson later. So, Sylvia, it might be nice if we get to know each other and become friends."

 

"F..f...fr..friends!!?"

 

Sylvia's face is bright red. It's almost like a hardcore fan managed to shake hands with their favorite pop idol. Her reaction is cute though.

 

"Enough you 2. There will be plenty of time for that later."

 

"Yurishia, I… I'm sorry."

 

"No need to feel sorry. You did your best and that's all that matters. Just leave the rest to me."

 

I will be honest here, if I would to face off against Erina, I would have had a hard time too. Even my Ruin Eyes barely managed to follow her blade. Just proves that I'm not the only monster in this world. For a while I really considered myself the strongest, but this tournament opened my eyes. Regardless now…

 

"Ahem. The preparations for the next match are ready. From the demi-human side, we have sir Oswald, and from lady Yurishia's side we have… lady Yurishia."

 

... it's my turn to mop the floor with them.

 

------

 

"I didn't really think you were a fighter. My first impressions on you were that you were only a retainer."

 

"Hmph. I might be His Majesty's royal advisor, but I am also quite a skilled warrior. You should worry about yourself."

 

"Oya? Big words coming from a feathered chicken. Regardless, I grew restless. I'm pretty angry for the way you guys assaulted my girls. So it's time for some payback."

 

"You're going to regret ever messing with us! You, who are a sinner, shall face my judgement."

 

Vanis took a step forward at that point.

 

"Let the 4th match… Start!!"

 

"Uguu!?"

 

Suddenly he crushed into the ground as if being made to cling to it. Cracks opened on it as Oswald desperately tried to move but couldn’t get free.

 

"Were did all that bravado go? Can't you even handle this little amount of gravity magic?"

 

"This is… such a thing…"

 

"So feeble. I could crush your bones if I wanted to."

 

"If that's the case…."

 

Oswald began to sink in his own shadow. Now this is interesting. Hiding and merging with the shadows is quite impressive. He managed to escape the effects of my gravity and tried appearing behind me. But without looking back I twisted my arm and stopped his incoming attack.

 

"Sorry. I've already seen a trick like this before. You're all the same, going for the back."

 

I easily toss him above my head to the other side of the crater.

 

"Alright. Enough with the warm-up. Come at me seriously, will you?"

 

"You annoying little… take this. [Aero Shredder]!"

 

A magic formation appeared in front of Oswald and numerous wind blades were sent my way. The gap between then was too narrow to dodge. But I wasn't planning on dodging to begin with.

 

"Something like this is barely worth my time."

 

Before the blades could reach me, one by all the all vanished into light particles. My Ruin Eyes, who have the ability to nullify magic easily took care of them.

 

"What the…!?"

 

"Can't you even entertain me a little?"

 

My aura became more sinister and my face more twisted. Cold sweat drops were pouring on Oswald's face.

 

"As I thought, you're nothing more than a monster. Take this! The ultimate magic! [Supreme Aero Tornado]!!"

 

Supreme Aero Tornado was a decent wind attack. Actually you can say it's one of wind's most advanced spells. For a demi-human to be able to use it… it's quite impressive. However, this attack is too chaotic. It's not properly focused. That's why, I simply pointed my index finger towards the approaching attack from the sky.

 

"[Flare Burst]!"

 

Flare Burst was an arrow like fire spell. Normally it was on the weaker side of fire's spells, but because I poured 4 times the amount of mana needed and his tornado was too chaotic, my fire arrow managed to split his attack in two.

 

"Nani!!? Impossible. There's no way that a simple spell like that…"

 

"There's a large difference between you and me, buddy. In terms of magic power, there's nobody that can beat me."

 

"Kuh… then… then I'll just stomp you with my fists!!"

 

"Oya? You sound pretty confident. Unfortunately… I grow tired of this. It's just a waste of my time so…"

 

In that moment I teleported myself behind him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He turned his face around, not believing what he saw. He didn't lose track of me for an instant. So how was I able to get behind him? Fortunately, besides my slaves, not many people know I can actually teleport. Anyway, now that I am behind him…

 

 

"I'll have you fall here. [Thunder Wolf Strike]!"

 

Thunder Wolf Strike is a lightning spell that generates an electric wolf that devours whatever it encounters in its path. Firing it point blank just means…

 

"Guuhaaaaa!!!!"

 

Tremendous pain assaulted Oswald, as the electric current engulfed his body. Needless to say steam came out of his body and he immediately collapsed on the ground. I made sure to adjust the output of this one just so I don't kill him. It's over.

 

"Ehh. I confirmed that sir Oswald is unable to continue. The victor of the 4th match is… Lady Yurishia!"

 

Flawless victory if I might add, fufu!

58