Chapter 1
54 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

after my retreat, about two hours passed and thirty creatures came to the scene of the battle, which I attacked. But they had one difference, they had armor and weapons.

I decided not to engage in battle with them and start retreating by moving through the shadows, but a massive two-handed sword flew in my direction.

Instantly jumping out of the shadows, I had no choice but to engage.

Our battle began when seven of these creatures dashed towards me. I blocked their blow with a protective shadow barrier and immediately counterattacked them, creating spikes from the barrier and impaling three of them. They gave me no time to rest and attacked me again. Four of them with a powerful jerk approached me from behind and cut my arms and legs and retreated again. Fortunately, I was able to quickly regenerate the lost limbs and created from the nearest shadow two wolves, which I ordered to attack these creatures. In less than a minute, they dealt with those wolves and therefore I continued to create wolves all the time.

Behind those swordsmen there was a whole crowd of the same creatures, but for some reason they did not join the battle and just stood or fell to the ground.

But it doesn't matter, they will soon die anyway. Shadow wolves attacked them without giving them time to think or rest, and after more than ten minutes the swordsmen could no longer restrain the wolves and were killed by them.

After the last swordsman died and fell to the ground, I approached the crowd that stood behind the swordsmen. For some reason unknown to me, they knelt down and drops of water flowed from their eyes, and in a second they began to say something in a language completely unknown to me.

Not understanding a single word, I created a fire from the shadows in my hand and directed it towards the crowd. The creature, set on fire by my fire, instantly began to beat in agony and in search of help ran and pestered each of its relatives, thereby spreading a shadow flame. I put out the shadow flame when I thought they were all dead. After that, I began to consume the corpses of swordsmen and charred bodies with my shadow. Having finished with the absorption, I was going to merge with the shadow again and hide, but something stopped me that I did not expect to hear or even see.

***

[It's been two days since the monster attacked the Anglo-Scottish Union. Let me remind you that two days ago, a monster that suddenly appeared raged in the city center and, according to unconfirmed information, about 7 thousand people died and 23 thousand were injured. This event has already been called "the third tragedy of Europe." Also, the local guild of hunters "Furious Blades", after assessing the destruction and damage done to the city, said that the rank of the monster could exceed the A-rank, however, the head of the guild "Knights" did not comment on this event in any way]

The news of the last days was on TV. Now I am sitting at a table in the middle of the room, and in front of me is a thirty-year-old man.

- Hello, my name is William McSkimmer.

The man sitting in front of me said nothing.

- Your name is John Diggen?

This time he nodded, but still remained silent.

- I'm from the Furious Blades Guild and I would like to ask you a few questions regarding the appearance of the monster.

- !!!

As soon as I finished speaking, his face changed, the previously blank expression on his face turned into a furious expression of anger and anger.

“Mr. Diggen, can you describe the outer pitchfork of that monster?” His behavior and abilities.

He nodded and began to speak.

- I saw him from afar, so I might be wrong about something. By sight, I can tell that it was a skeleton, it was covered with dark fire, like a mantle.

Gradually, with every word he said, his expression lost its anger, and in its place was regret and sadness.

- He killed the Hunters who were evacuating civilians.

- How did he do it?

- Wolf ...

- Wolf?

I didn't understand what he was talking about.

`` He summoned the wolves created from the shadows ... and then he burned the remaining people alive ... and ...

- And?

I waited for the continuation of his words, writing everything down in detail in a notebook.

- Nothing ...

He suddenly stopped saying anything.

- And the monster? Do you know which way he headed then?

- ...

He said nothing. Deciding that he would no longer answer, I closed the notebook, stood up and said.

“Thanks for the information, Mr. Diggen.

He was silent again. I decided not to wait for him and left the room. My guildmate was waiting for me outside the door.

- Did he answer the questions?

- Answered part. Thomas, can you wait and take Mr. Diggen to his house?

I walked forward, and Thomas, hearing my question, got up and turned and walked back to the door.

- Of course, Mr. Deputy Head of the Guild, it's not at all difficult for me.

He said this in a harmful and displeased tone, but still went to fulfill my request

1