Chapter One
1.1k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It felt as if a long time had passed before I finally woke up and an even longer time for me to open my eyes, but it didn't really make much sense for me to be this tired since I had spent most of my day just sleeping, something was wrong and I felt that thought had been confirmed as I looked up at the cheap ceiling made of god knows what cheap wood.

My brows knitted together and I found myself almost burning a hole into the wood, I snapped my eyes shut thinking to myself that I was just seeing things because of the wine I had last night, "yeah that's what it was." But as I continued to blink it still wouldn't change back to the rosewood ceiling that I spent nearly five million won to install after thinking it over for nearly a month and finally coming up with a design that could only be described as graceful.

I nearly screamed as I sat up and looked around "where the hell am I?" I mumbled to myself as I looked around the room that could only be described as cheap and barely resembled a living room, at least that's what I thought it was going for with the single couch and coffee table, aside from that it was bare. There was not even a single drop of whitewash and if not for the concerning amount of baby contraptions it would look like a squatters place, especially with how painful it was, not even taking up a quarter of the space that my bathroom did.

Even worse was the so-called kitchen that was only a few steps away with only a small kitchen table dividing the two, there were only four kitchen counters with a sink taking up one of them, an old stove in the corner that looked like it was close to being labeled a fire hazard and a fridge that looked as if it was scavenged from an old dump. There were no cabinets and oddly enough the wears rack was on top of the fridge that would only reach half his height and that was me being generous.

I slowly stood up and looked around letting out a deep sigh, but my eyes were drawn to the small cot that was just in front of me with two baby boys sleeping in it and I only knew they were boys because of my strange actions earlier. I had just woken up to them crying and took care of them like it was my sixth sense and now I was confused by why I would be able to do that or even want to, if it was before I would have left them crying and just try to figure out what was going on but I took it as a dream so I didn't even question my own actions.

I looked away from them as I massaged my forehead and looked around the room again my eyes going to the three doors in the room, one lead to the bedroom that I had been in earlier, one that leads outside, so the other must be the door to the bathroom. I looked at it and gritted my teeth as I walked over, I held the handle for a bit before opening the door, I felt something snap in me as I saw the so-called bathroom, all it was was a small shower, a toilet, sink, and mirror, but for some reason, I couldn't help but attach the word public bathroom stall to it even though it might have been bigger.

I was sneering in disdain until I looked at the tiny mirror and felt my eye begin to twitch, I walked forward until I was standing in front of the mirror, feeling a shudder go through me when I touched it, confirming that the person I saw in the mirror was me and even though the body wasn't my own I was looking at myself. I couldn't help the shudder of disgust that raced through me and crawled my skin.

"What the fuck happened?!" I shook my head and took a few steps back, I tripped over myself and hit the ground "what's going on, why do I look like that?!"

That wasn't me, it just couldn't be me, was all I could think as I rested my head on my knees and covered it with my arms, I took a deep breath and raised my head up, looking at my hands as I remembered the kid I had saw in the mirror, that's right this body belongs to a kid, at least that is what I would have called him if we stood in the same room since I was twenty plus years older than him. I was going to be forty-five this year while this kid looked as if he had just become an adult this year, he looked so soft and willowy, with skin so pale it looked as if he barely went in the sun, the complete opposite of how I looked.

If anyone asked I would say that I consider myself a real man, I was tall and built with toned and powerful muscles, they weren't just there for show, my skin was a healthy tan from all the years I spent working under the sun and there was no way anyone could question my heritage with how strongly Chinese my looks were, I originally had slanted phoenix eyes and sharp sword eyebrows, my eyes were deep and unreadable like a stagnant pool and my hair, even though I had dyed it brown, was straight and thin, all of my features were sharp but very much Chinese.

Unlike the boy I had just seen in the mirror, he had soft features, even though he was very thin and short, he had round dark blue eyes and soft brown, a straight European nose and even though it was black, his hair was long, straight and thick and even the babies in the cot looked like carbon copies of what he looked like now, but all he wanted to know was what had happened and who was the person that had looked back at him in the mirror.

24