Chapter Three
680 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The smile on my face grew as I thought of all the money I had hidden across the world, even though I spent most of my time on the run because of my record, I soon found there were a few countries that I liked to visit the most, my favorite countries and in each of those countries, there were places I went to the most and most of the times those places became where I would hide my new stashes. Each stash was worth a few billion dollars in the currency of that country and I had made sure that they would be impossible to find, I had never told even those I trusted about them, the most people knew of were my offshore accounts, but they didn't know that I had many of which were just scarecrows and only a few had anything in them, so even if people found out I was dead they wouldn't be able to get their hands on my money and properties.

I looked back at the babies "He Jian Mo, He Chen Mo, from this day forward you are my sons and what it means to be my sons is living out the rest of your lives as kings, from this day forward you will want or need for anything, you will only have the best. I will always be in your corner and together we'll make your family and that wretch regret abandoning you and trying to give up your lives. I'll take care of everything your only jobs are to lie each of your days to the fullest and show them your happy smiles."

I was pretty sure they couldn't understand what I had said but when I had finished speaking they showed me their gums and cooed at me "but first, let's get healthy first, that's the only way we can live long lives, long enough to drive their five generations up a wall. I'll get back the strength I had and the two of you will become white, plump, and happy little babies."

I placed a kiss on each of their heads and then set them back in the cot and headed over to the kitchen to make their feed, when I was finished feeding them I burped them and then waited for them to fall asleep and then headed back to the kitchen to get myself something to eat, when I looked through the kitchen I couldn't help but become surprised at the sight of the fridge, it only held a few eggs, cans of iced coffee and energy drinks, I shut it and looked around the kitchen only to find a few packs of ramen.

I nearly slammed the cupboard at the sight of it "fucking idiot!" I couldn't understand this kid, yes he was a kid but living in a family-like that I thought he'd at least have some form of common sense, pouring all of his money into his kids was fine but he at least needed to make sure he ate well, if he couldn't even do that then it wouldn't be long until he died and then what would be the point of him looking after his kids so well since they would end up in an orphanage anyway.

If they got lucky maybe they would be adopted into good families and there was only a slight chance that they would stay together, but if they were unlucky there were many things that could go wrong. They could end up dying before they reached the orphanage, there was still a high chance for them to die even if they ended up in an orphanage especially if it was like the one I was raised in, or even if they were adopted they would soon wish they weren't and then they might not even be adopted and have to depend on themselves to stay alive.

They could get lucky and make it through, or they might be abducted or end up on the streets after being taken advantage of the people that had promised to help them, in that aspect I was one of the lucky few, I actually met a good person that gave me a small job but that was as far as my luck went, even then there were many kids that would pray to have my luck.

I sighed and took out the ramen and eggs and boiled them before sitting down to eat, it made me uncomfortable to have to eat like this again, it had been many years since I was in a bad enough state to have to live off ramen, but I decided to just deal with it because a few days later I would be able to live my life as I did before, I finished eating and washed it down with two energy drinks.

I went over to the laptop that sat on the small table in between the living room and kitchen, unlocking it I quickly looked at the balance in my current self's wallet, sighing deeply I looked at the two thousand yuan if it was just me it would last a while since the kid had already paid the rent, but since the twins were here, in normal circumstances I would have to follow his usual route and pull some all-nighters just to get enough money for the month, but I smirked.

Knowing that I had backup stashes would make this so much easier, I had to say making them was the best thing I had ever done, a sense of satisfaction washed over me but now all I needed to do was get to them, I needed to find out which stash was closest to me and prepare a plan to get my hands on it. I hummed as my fingers flew across the keyboard only stopping a few minutes later, I had found out what I needed, feeling better than it was really close.

It was only three towns away, hidden in a small apartment near the older part of the town, I calculated it in my mind quickly and saw that if it was just me it would only take me a single day to get there if I just kept driving without stopping, but I had to take the twins into account. I had no money to leave them with a babysitter and even if I did it was in my nature to not trust people so I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving them behind since I had decided that they were mine, so I needed to take them with me and to do that I needed a proper car to rent and I would need to keep stopping along the way as to not hurt them, so it would take me three to four days just to get there.

 

22