Chapter 6
501 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I myself was an orphan that was abandoned by my mother, I never met the woman so I couldn't give a reason as to why but what I do know is that I never had a father to take me in and raise me as the twins had. I was abandoned at the orphanage a few days after I was born and because of that the sister in charge of it never saw me in good light just because of all the conclusions she had made up about the kind of person my mother was. I couldn't understand how someone who was a nun could be so bitter, harsh, and unkind to the children she was responsible for but I would never get that answer now so it didn't matter.

I reached in the crib and picked up the twins, I took them to the living room and set them in the playpen so they would play on their stomachs. I stepped back and observed them before I sighed, this was one of the reasons the kid was struggling to look after them, it was because as soon as they were born he bought the things that they would need to use over the next two years. It was really hard to distinguish whether this kid was an idiot or a genius, or maybe he was both, a genius in academics and an idiot in life.

He was such a well-sheltered prince and had no form of common sense when it came to daily life, yet his family just tossed him to the wolves the one time he disobeyed them, it was honestly a miracle that he had survived to this point. But it didn't matter how hard he worked in the end he still died and gave me a chance to take over his body, but maybe it was his and the twin's good luck that I had come into this body. There was no definite that I would take his body, the slightest change I could've ended up in someone else's body or just dead and then the twins most likely would have starved to death.

If they were a bit luckier maybe a neighbor would find them and take them to the welfare center and then it would be up to fate whether or not they could live a good life. A shiver went up my spine at the thought of them living such lives or ending up dead because of those circumstances. I stooped down and rubbed stroked their heads receiving gurgles in response. "I guess I have to thank the two of you for receiving this second chance, I'll return this favor to you by raising you well, my sons."

I watched as they smiled at me, showing me their two little front teeth, I found and went over to the computer and began to look up what their diets should be at this age. After looking at the information my frown deepened because at this age they were supposed to start on solids but instead they were still on milk and formula. This was the reason they were still so small even with all that intake they had issues gaining weight because it was barely enough to sustain them.

Looking at this you couldn't be hard on the host it was clear that he was just focused on earning money and feeding the kids, he was working hard, to the point of overworking and still looking after the kids full-time while that woman lived like a leach and did nothing she had never even breastfed the twins. If he had known that they had needed to start on solids then he would only push himself harder than before, he would have done anything for his sons.

For the first time, I actually felt sorry for the sheltered prince, even though people like him had always disgusted me he was now an exception. I chuckled and then checked the time before going over to the kitchen to make my own meal, it was another serving of ramen, fried eggs, and an energy drink. The first thing I wanted to do after getting the money was to find a quality restaurant and have a proper meal. I ate quickly and then put the wears in the sink before taking the twins from the playpen and putting them in the cot, I patted their stomachs until they fell asleep before dropping myself on the couch and sleeping.

The rest of the day flew by and the next day I got up early, quickly showered, and then got dressed when I was done I went and prepared the twins' baths and their soap. Even though they had awoken in their baths the twins did fuss much, aside from widening their eyes in surprise and whimpering softly, after they seemed to understand the situation they quieted down and enjoyed their baths. When they were done I pulled them from their baths and got them ready, I then fed them and settled them into their car seats that I had had to wipe off the day before.

The host had bought them because when he first left the house he had a car with him but eventually he had sold it because that witch had convinced him to. I sighed and finished getting ready before stepping out of the apartment with the kids and locking the door behind me, as I left the building I needed to go down a few flights of stairs because of the lack of an elevator, the only reason the kid lived there was because the higher leveled apartment was cheaper.

After jogging down so many flights of stairs I had worked up a sweat, it was aggravating that I had a hard time breathing after doing so little, but I ignored it and left the building, I hailed a taxi and installed the car seats in the back before I got in the front, a while later the car reached the house the rented had given me. I got out of the car and moved to go take out the car seats just as I did someone came up and took my bag, startling me I looked back and saw it was the car owner, I thanked him and took the kids out and paid before I walked with him to his place.

As we walked he talked about the car and went over the things we had agreed on, I was going to rent an older black jeep from him. Over the phone, we had agreed on the price of eight hundred yuan for seven days, so when I saw it I was surprised because I had expected it to be a bit run down but it was in good condition. I set down the car seats and went to look over the car, when I was satisfied I signed the agreement with him, paid, and got the twins into the car. I checked they were okay and then got in a headed on the road.

 

 

 

18