Chapter 5
573 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was hoping that they wouldn't find my body in at least a month, I only needed a month to transfer the money from the Swiss bank accounts as for the mansion that I spent a lot of time working on. I would need to forget it, it would be dangerous to go back there, since the people I shared common interest knew of its location. If the current me were to show up there then it wouldn't be long before I was captured and tortured or just straight up killed.

Setting that aside I decided to google the name for my current body, since he was the sire from a rich family then there should be some form of news on him. When the information came up I was a bit taken aback and I started to wonder whether this kid was naive or just a complete idiot. For him to give up the number of riches he had along with the title and all the other perks that came with it, even the achievements he had made throughout his youth had been flushed down the drain for a woman that wasn't worth the dirt off the bottom of his shoes.

The original He Mo-Tian was the youngest son of the He conglomerate, a tenth generation heir, not only that but he was a well-known genius and because of that he had been guarded and protected like he was some golden egg. Since his genius had been discovered at the age of five he had become the most important member of his family only second to the patriarch. He had been raised well and stuffed full of resources and opportunities that his family worked hard to get him, he was on the fast track to an amazing life but jumped ship just for some cheap woman.

I sighed and looked around the room the only good thing he got in return for that sacrifice was the twins, but the question that remained was whether the gains outweighed the losses and if he knew this would happen would he do it again? I was sure that if he was here now he would probably answer yes but like the rest of the people that lived with logic, I would say no, he could always have more children and he could give them better lives but he brought the twins into such a terrible life.

I sighed and shook the thought from my head, it had already happened and there was no changing it, it may have been his bad luck but for me, it was my good luck. It meant that I didn't need to put up with that overly doting family of his and could go about my business without worrying that they'll poke their noses in. I figured that before I even had the chance to do as I wished they would already be able to tell that I wasn't their kid and god knows how they would deal with me then.

"I guess I should thank you kid, good job."

I checked the time and then got up to make a feed for the boys, it felt strange to see that they were still so small even after eating so many times in the day. One of the things I needed to do after getting the money and finding a good home was to take them for a check-up, but they weren't the only ones that needed checking I was sure that all three of us were suffering from malnutrition. After that, it was to settle the matter of going back to school, with how old the host as he was supposed to be entering the third year soon but he had already been absent from school for a long time so I had to work hard to catch up.

And then there would be the issue of getting into a good school there was no way I could go to one of the nation's schools because even if I scored high on the transfer test, they would toss me into a bad school because of the host history of dropping out. That meant that I needed to find an international school and one with good standing and since both I and the host knew a few foreign languages there wouldn't be many issues no matter which one got into.

I went to the crib and woke up Jian-Mo and dead him first, the baby suckled the bottle as if he had been starved for days, the sight causes me to frown but I observed him incase he choked. When I was finished I rubbed his back and burped him before feeding Chen-Mo and burping him, when I was done I put them back in the cot and went back to the laptop. The thought of having to go back to school kind of miffed me but even if I had all the money in the world I wouldn't be able to live well in a country that puts education above all else.

If you just had money people would pay attention to you until you no longer had any, but if you had a degree then even without money at least you won't die. But even then it depended on the degree, there were many you could choose from if you wanted to be at the top but for someone like me who had suffered for most of my life, I wanted to relax in this one. That meant I'll just go with what I know, what was the easiest for me and that would be languages, both I and the host were skilled in learning languages so there were many that we were fluent in as for those that we weren't we at least knew the keywords for said languages.

When it came down to it I'll choose the arts stream and forget about the sciences, I shrugged after deciding on it. I would treat this life as a prize for all the suffering I went through in the last and as for the twins I'll take it that they were meant to have the same life. I'll raise them well and give them a glorious life so that the ones who had abandoned them could only watch on in envy.

I smiled to myself and got up to go to the room, looking into the crib I was met with two sets of watery eyes, the babies' eyes flicked in the light showing off the touch of blue they had in them. They were just like the eyes of the host, who had gotten his blue eyes from his mother who came from french descent. Though she was french she was raised in china since the age of three, because of that his father who was full Chinese didn't get much trouble marrying her since she knew and followed all the traditions with respect.

From the looks of the twins they had taken all the looks from the He and Markson families, there was nothing in them that resembled their mother, if the original hadn't seen her give birth to them I would have thought that she wasn't their mother. Is that why it was so easy for her to pick up and abandon them, even taking the money they needed to live? But hey at least they had a father that was willing to stay and look after them.

"God, I think I might be jealous."

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

14