Chapter 7
482 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours later I pulled up in front of a family restaurant and found a place to park, I got out and took out the twins and their baby bag and went into the restaurant when I got in I got a table with two high chairs, I wiped down the chairs and placed the twins in them. I ordered some pureed fruit for them along with two beef sandwiches and a bowl of beef noodles. While I was waiting I made their feed and let them drink it until the fruit came, the twins seemed to enjoy that change in food and tried to grab at it but I stopped them before they could.

When they were satisfied I cleaned them up and went to eat my own meal, it didn't take me as long to eat as it did to feed the twins, but even then in the time that it took me to eat the twins had fallen asleep. I paid and took them back to the car, hooked them in their car seats, and covered them with their blankets before I was on the road again. For the next four days, we kept the same rhythm of travel, we would stop at a family restaurant every few hours and a hotel every night, as we traveled the twins experienced new foods but I was thankful that they didn't have a reaction to any of them.

It was noon on the fourth day when I reached the place where the money was stashed, it was an old run-down apartment complex in an area that had become somewhat ghostlike. I checked on the twins and made sure they were sleeping before I left the car and went into the building, I jogged up to the top floor breathing hard when I finally stood in front of the apartment. Before I would only need to reach my hand up to retrieve the key from the top of the door but now I needed to jump a few times before I got it.

I couldn't hold back the curse that escaped me when I realized the height difference between the bodies of my two lives, but I calmed myself down thinking that this body still had time to grow, yeah I just needed a growth spurt is all. I got the door open and covered my face from the dust that had taken over the room in the years I wasn't there, I went into the only bedroom in the apartment. Reaching under the bed I grasped two straps and pulled out the two large black suitcases, I opened them and checked the contents. 

I couldn't help the chuckle that left my lips at the sight of the money, jewelry, and land deeds, there were even some fake documents for a few of my old identities, the could no longer be used but it felt great to see them. I looked from them to the corner of one of the suitcases where a small black case sat, I opened it and shivered in glee, the two guns and ammo that laid in the box brought me more joy than the money did. Right now I was too weak to even protect myself let alone the twins so having these made me feel a sense of relief I hadn't in a while.

After checking everything I closed the suitcases and then took them down to the jeep one by one, there was no way I could carry them both at the same time. When I checked the boys were still sleeping soundly, so I got in a drove off. When I was a while away from the building I got out and took some of the money from the suitcase. I put some into my wallet and stuffed the rest into the pockets of my duffle bag, when I was done I got back into the jeep and went on my way.

A few days later I had returned back home, I first took the suitcases and bags upstairs before I waited for the guy to come and get his car and then went up with the twins. I took them from their car seats and laid them in their cot, when I removed the clothes they traveled in and wiped them down with a warm cloth before putting them in their diapers, a vest, and socks. I went to the kitchen and prepped their porridge before feeding them and putting them to sleep.

When I was done I went to the suitcases and looked inside before I found a small black book in the flaps, I flipped through it and a smile came to my face. This stash was one of many but it was already worth ten billion yuan, the sight of all those Mao Zedong's looking back at me brought me a deep sense of satisfaction. I picked up the jewelry and couldn't help but caress each piece that was with a few billion yuan on their own before setting them back down, I was sure at this point I looked like a money crazed ghost but I honestly couldn't care less.

Honestly, if anyone saw this much money in one place they would be just as crazed as I was, but I wondered how they would react if they knew this one was the smallest of all the stashes and the next one would multiply by another ten billion. I took a few breaths to calm myself down and reached into the suitcase to take out the small black case, I got up and set it on the table. The sight of the two Glock nineteens' and the twenty-plus magazines that carried fifteen, seventeen, and thirty-three 9mm rounds respectively, made me feel a rush go through my body and I hummed in pleasure.

I took out the guns and removed the silencers and set them aside before dismantling each gun and cleaning them when I was finished I reassembled them, kept the guns unloaded, and put them back in the case. As for the documents for the identities that could no longer be used I needed to get rid of them because I was sure all of their identities had a record in some country or the other. The other reason was to get rid of all the connections I would have to my old life, all I wanted from that life was the money I had spent so many years risking everything for and all the danger could be left alone.

With that thought I moved the babies to the room, opened the window in the kitchen, and set all the documents ablaze in the sink, I made sure they were burnt out completely and then washed the ashes down the drain and used a cloth to air out the kitchen. I checked on the twins after I was done and saw that they were still asleep so I went back to the computer, now that I had what I needed it was time to move out of this neighborhood and leave this shitty apartment behind. 

 

 

 

16