Chapter 9
443 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking on the phone I was sure the situation with the house would be settled appropriately because the woman on the other side sounded as if she was a very busy but decisive person. The only thing that was a bit worrying was the current age of the body I was living in but I was sure that as long as I had the money she wouldn't really care. Looking at her timeline I needed to be in Magic City in four days, for now driving was the only option I had to get there since I needed to consider the twins.

Since I was driving it was time to buy a car, renting a car made no sense in the situation now since I wouldn't be coming back to this place, and plus I had to money so why should I do less. Since I wanted to make a good impression on the person on the other end, since she sounded like an important person, then I would need a car that would speak for me. It needed to be one that said, yes I had money but I was steady in the way I used it if she saw that then I had a higher chance of getting the place, it was just in case money didn't cut it.

I set down the phone and went over to prepare the twins' feed, when I had them fed I gave them a bath and dressed them in their nightclothes before putting them in the crib, I patted them until they fell asleep, and then left the room. It felt good to have boys that were quiet and peaceful, knowing the only reason they cried so loudly when I first came here was because they had been starved for a few hours. Since they were so peaceful I would be able to do what I needed while taking care of them. 

I glanced at them with a smile and then went to the computer, I pulled up the page and started looking for a place to buy luxury cars in the city I was currently in. I looked through the information that popped up and soon found what I needed, when I checked the time I could see that it was too late to go to that place today. I decided to go there tomorrow and along with that I needed to buy better clothes for me and the boys so we would have an easier time blending into our new neighborhood and not just because of that, I also wanted the boys to feel comfortable.

I looked around and found a few recommended places to buy from in the area, after doing a bit of research I settled on a place, when I was done I calculated it and decided to settle everything tomorrow morning and be on our way but in the afternoon. Though it would be a bit hectic it was only going to be for a few days, if all I needed was to sacrifice a few days for a life of comfort then I was okay with that. I got up and went over to unpack the duffle bag, I took some money from the suitcase and put it in my wallet and then put a good amount in the duffle bag, with that I went and got ready for bed before falling asleep on the uncomfortable mattress with a smile on my face because I knew this would be the last day.

***

The next day I got up, I made a call and hired a car for the day since it would be easier to move around with one, while I was waiting for it to come I got myself and the twins ready and fed. By the time the car came we were waiting outside, the driver got out and helped me to put the twins in the car before we left. When he stopped we were at the car dealers, I got out of the car and left the twins with the driver, and walked into the store with the duffle bag hanging off my shoulder. Since I was still dressed in the same sub-par clothes no one paid attention to me, but I ignore them and took a look at all the cars until I found what I wanted.

I was examining it when someone came up to me. "Welcome to our dealership sir, have you decided on your car, or is there anything I can help you with further?"

I looked back at the person and could clearly see the look of ridicule in her eyes but ignore it and pointed to the car in front of me "I'll take this one and I'll be driving out so let's quickly go through the paperwork." 

The woman paused for a second before she calmed down and then asked me to follow her, she took me to the lounge area and asked me to wait as she went out of view, soon she returned with an older gentleman in tow. The man smiled as he observed me, his eyes pausing on the duffle bag for a split second before he gave me a sincere smile and introduced himself as the manager of the store. We spoke for a while concerning the car and whether I wanted to make the purchase, when I confirmed it was what I wanted we went to his office and went through the procedure for the purchase of the car.

A while later I drove out in a sleek black BMW X7, as I drove the car a gratifying feeling emerged in me, I came out of the lot and then parked behind the car I had hired. I got out and had the driver moved the twins over to my car, I packed our bags in the passenger seat, I was in a good mood so I paid the driver the fee for an entire day plus extra. I checked the time and then got in the car, I checked the location for the place I had decided to purchase the clothes from and then drove there. 

It took some time before I arrived at the mall, after which I found a parking space, when I was finished I got out and checked on the twins, they seemed to be fine so I took out their car seats, the duffle bag, and their baby bag before locking the car. I went into the mall and went up to the floors that were set aside just for stores that dealt with products for babies. The floor was divided into half, one half was for good quality but affordable baby products while the other half was for stores that sold luxury baby products.

I went straight for the luxury side, since I had the money, why settle for less?

 

 

16