Chapter 11
453 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sinking into the water felt like heaven, the steam that seeped into my pores made it feel as if my muscles were loosening up after a stressful day, I couldn't help the groan the passed my lips. I sat and enjoyed the bath I hadn't been able to have since I became He Mo-Tian. In my last life, as long as I wasn't on the run, I'd make sure to take a soothing bath at least once a day. It was what my bruised and battered body needed after all those years of struggle.

Even though I was now in a new younger and unbattered body, it was still engraved in me that I should always take a soothing bath at any chance I got. I sighed and reluctantly got out of the tub when the sound of crying echoed into the bathroom, my regular bath time of an hour had been cut down to fifteen minutes. I had no time to dry off so I grabbed the bathrobe and slipped it on before going out to the room, I went over and checked on the twins.

They clearly didn't need changing and I had fed them not too long ago so I couldn't figure out what had gone wrong, I checked them again and finally decided to pick them up. When I did they stopped crying and looked at me with their tear-rimmed and puffy blue eyes, I arched my brow and put them down in the crib only to snatch them up back when they started wailing again. They were huffing and whimpering with their cheeks glowing red, but they continued to look at me, I sighed and kissed their heads and took them over to the bed.

It seemed that they only wanted my attention so I set them on the bed and went through the bags to find the toys I had bought them. I picked up one and laid down next to them and began to tease them with it. After that they calmed down completely and started giggling, I smiled and shook my head and entertained them until they got tired and fell asleep on their own. I left them on the bed and went to order room service as I waited I got dressed and then switched on the tv, after a while, there was a knock on the door and I went to answer it.

It was the room service people but instead of letting them in I just took the tray and went inside, I set the food down in the sitting area and went over to surround the boys with a few pillows before I went back and ate. After I was done I called the people to come to take the stuff, when they had, I went and checked on the twins, the two of them were fast asleep with their fingers intertwined with each other. I smiled as I looked at them and decided not to move them from the bed instead I grabbed my laptop and once again searched up Sun Ren-Shou.

Once again there was nothing but the wanted post, from the looks of it they wouldn't find my original body anytime soon, so that means that I should have enough time to get all my property switched over to my current name. Thinking like that I couldn't help but smirk, what if they never found it? Then that meant that I would have enough time to scrape up my corpse and take over the mansion and the other things hidden in the mansion, especially a certain stash of firearms.

I chuckled and put that at the back of my head since it was all based on luck. I pulled up another gateway for another one of my offshore accounts, it was one of seven of my backup accounts. Within a few minutes, it was drained dry and all the money went to my new account. It would be a while, but if I'm able to get all of my money and assets, I would be able to live my life without a worry in the world.

Another thing I needed to do was to get a new bank account and sort out all my documents because even if I could just keep my money in a safe, it would be better to have it ready in a debit card so as to make any transactions easier and it would be suspicious if I just used cash for everything. I had another thing that I needed to do, so I just decided to make a to-do list. Just like that, I spent the next few hours thinking about the things I needed to do, I sorted out a timeline and then save it.

I checked the time, it was already seven pm, I needed to go to bed early considering I had been on the road all day and would need to meet with someone tomorrow. I went over and mixed the twins a feed and then woke them up one by one to feed them, when they had their fill I wiped them down with a warm cloth, put on their nightclothes. I walked around the room with them and waited for them to fall asleep before placing them back in the cot. When I was done I took off my sweat pants and dropped down in the bed in my underwear, I tunneled under the blankets and then fell asleep.

The next day it was another morning of being awoken by the twins crying, but I was startled when I saw the sun was high in the sky. I got up and grabbed my phone to check the time, it was already eight am, apparently, the trip had taken more out of me than I had thought it would so I had overslept,  that's why the twins had begun crying. I set the phone aside and went over to check on them, when they noticed me, more tears spilled from their eyes but they only huffed and puffed as if they were letting out their grievance.

I picked them up and took them for a bath before I dried them off dressed them and then prepped their milk before feeding them. Once I was done I left them on the bed and surround them with pillows. I grabbed the phone and then made a call to the woman who I wanted to rent the place from, this time instead of her rushed tone she spoke to me calmly and then we agreed to meet at the entrance of the community at one pm.

It looked as if we would have the whole morning to rest before we needed to head out around twelve. I set down the phone and looked over at the twins who had flipped onto their stomachs and were now playing with their toys. Their giggling filled the room and made me smile, I couldn't help it as I got lost in just staring at them, and an hour later they fell asleep naturally and I snapped out of my trance. I went over and flipped them onto their backs, moved away the toys and just let them sleep on the bed surround by pillows. 

 

 

18