Chapter 14
266 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After settling the twins down, I left the room as quietly as possible and returned to the kitchen. Because of the last two days, even though I had a good rest I was still feeling a bit tired so I wanted to get as much sleep as I could. So with quick movements, I took out a bowl of instant rice and beef stew and heated it up quickly. In a few minutes, I cleared my plate and washed the food down with tea. 

I quickly tossed the garbage and cleaned up the kitchen, as I returned to my room I made sure the house was locked and turned off the lights. After a quick shower and making sure the twins were still good, I climbed into my bed and rolled myself into the covers.

The next day I was awoken to the sound of Jian Mo's and Chen Mo's babbling. I burrowed out from the covers to see them sitting up and playing with their toys as they conversed in their own little language. Turning slightly I stared at them almost falling asleep because of how peaceful it was. Only to be jolted awake when they squealed, apparently, they had spotted me and wanted me to pay attention to them.

I chuckled lightly and reluctantly slipped from the covers and got off the bed going over to them. I gently patted and rubbed their heads drawing coos from them as they squinted their eyes. I smiled and turned away to go to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face. Afterwhich I slipped on a pair of sweats and went over and took them from their crib.

Holding them with one hand each I went down to the kitchen deciding I would feed them first before doing anything else lest I need to bathe them twice. When we reached the kitchen I set them into the baby seats that had arrived with the rest of their things. It had already been thoroughly cleaned the day before so I didn't have to do it now. 

Since they could sit well on their own I didn't really need to put the seat belts on them but did it anyway just in case they slipped out while I wasn't paying attention. They looked from me to the new seats and started to fiddle with it. Leaving them to their own devices I went over and got their porridge mix from the cupboard and some fresh fruit from the fridge. 

I put everything where I could see them as I worked. A while later I set their bowls in front of them and sat to feed them. Because of their good appetite, they cleaned out their bowls, and as I expected they needed baths. I laughed and took them from their chairs and returned upstairs.

It didn't take that long to get us all ready, so less than an hour later I had returned downstairs with them and set them down in their playpen so I could go clean up the mess from earlier and make my own meal. After cleaning up for the second time I went to go and play with them for a bit, when they had settled down I took out my phone and looked down at the plans I had for the day.

Since I had already ordered the safe and it would take a few days to arrive I chose to focus on setting up my study. I glanced at the twins who were playing amongst themselves and laughing about something only they could understand. I grinned and then slowly stepped away, when I saw that they weren't paying attention to me I slipped upstairs and once again observed the designated room.

Honestly, it was quite big, so big I could set up a small library and lounge with enough room to set up the rest of the necessaries for the study. Since I had already chosen my study and career direction my intention for the study aligned with it. I made a quick draft in my mind and then returned back to where the twins were, looking at the two that curled next to each other as they dosed off I chuckled.

Picking them up I set them down in the cot that was stationed in the living room and sat down. Using the image in my head I made a list of the things I wanted and then set out to start ordering them, with a small smile on my face. 

Because it had already been later in the day when we had settled down it was soon time to prepare lunch for both myself and the twins. I wanted to give them something a bit heavier for lunch so they could start regaining the weight they had lost. As I thought of that I remembered that I needed to take all three of us for a check-up and made a quick note of it. I would get it done when we were fully settled. 

Going into the kitchen I used my phone to browse lunch recipes for babies their age. Most of them were just different types of puree so I chose the minced lamb and peas recipe. It didn't take much time so soon their lunch was set on their baby seats waiting for them to wake up. 

After I was done, I cleaned up the mess I had made and prepared to make my own lunch as I resisted the urge to just order out. It wasn't that I was a bad cook, in fact after years of cooking for myself I would say that after a bit of training I could make it as a chef. But after spending the last two or so weeks just eating at restaurants and te sort it was kind of hard to break the new habit.

 

I sighed and looked at my phone again to find something quick to cook, being too lazy but also wanting to cook myself put me in a bit of a dilemma. So in the end I just settled for making a chicken stir fry. A while later I passed the cloth on the counter and stepped back to look at the clean kitchen. The little wind I had in my stomach had been cleared out by a hot plate of food so I was much more comfortable.

I arranged the cloth and set it near the sink before returning to the living room. The sight of the twins laying on their backs as they cooed softly was what greeted me. I smiled and took them from the cot. Setting them down for their meal I watched with a pleased smile as they ate with relish, unaffected by how they covered themselves in their food because of their rush to eat.

After their bowls were emptied they sucked the food off their hands a light shining in their eyes, I shook my head and took their bottles of warm milk and put it to their lips so they could wash down their lunch. 

 

 

 

11