Chapter 17
243 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In my relaxed state, I was able to carry out the interview as if I was just a young father looking for protection for my sons and myself, and that would dictate that he and his men were the best people to protect us. Of course, that was true because except for reclaiming the assets from that time in my life I would have nothing else to do with it.

The interview was simple mainly because we each seemed to have exactly what the other was looking for, I was just looking for a trustworthy goody-two-shoes to protect my sons and me for the long run. While he was looking for a stable client that he and his men could work for for a very long time and looking at my age and current status, he found what he wanted.

It did help that he didn't hold back anything when I asked him about his past, well the things that weren't currently classified. And my knack for investigating almost anyone I had been in contact with also helped because I knew for a fact that he was telling the truth. 

After clearing the air, the rest of the interview was just the follow-up, expectations that the client and the tasker would have for each other and I had no problems with his request, while he did look a bit ticked when I told him since the boys were the priority he and four of his best would be responsible for their protection while I would take the other two.

If I had it my way all seven of them would be protecting the boys, I didn't really need it, but just to keep a balance I took the two. After signing the contract I thought they would leave to go retrieve their things but instead, they went out to the cars they had arrived in and just started unpacking their things. I could only shrug at that point.

Since I had planned to have the nannies stay in the available rooms upstairs there were enough rooms to allow the seven of them and the steward to live comfortably. Looking at the extra rooms I decided to just let the steward do with it what he would. I held the boys and returned to the room with them as I noticed how tired they were.

As I settled them I thought of the place I was thinking to move to for university, it was quite large but it couldn't hold that amount of people comfortably. Honestly, when I had bought it I hadn't thought there would be a time when I would share it with someone else. At most, there were only two large rooms. I would have no issue sharing with the boys, but as I imagined trying to force more than ten people to live in that room, I chuckled.

Looking at the boys who were comfortably asleep, I covered them and returned downstairs, now that the people were in place I needed to make my move. Though I bristled at leaving the boys alone for even a short time I knew I needed to just get it over with. Sighing I returned downstairs, stopping just at the bottom I watched Commander Yong and his men as they inspected the house. I arched my brow, as they scoured inch from inch, speaking among themselves as one of them took notes.

I wasn't one bit surprised at their actions, if they hadn't been doing this I would have wondered if the old man had lost his touch. Not that he was really that old he had recently turned forty, just a few years younger than I was when I kicked the bucket. I watched them for a while and then headed to the kitchen, I needed to prepare a big dinner for us, as I thought of having to cook for so many people every day I bristled. Hiring a chef was on the next agenda, I'll let Sir Zhong do that.

But for tonight I pulled out my phone and started looking for recipes, staring at all of them I placed the phone down. Looking at all those recipes had overwhelmed me a bit, so I instead looked through my fridge and pulled out what I wanted to eat. As I cooked I could hear Commander Yong and his people moving around, causing me to click my tongue. I had forgotten to get a baby monitor, I would make sure to order one before I went to bed. 

After a while I set hot steaming bowls of rice on the table, followed by two large bowls of Ma Po Tofu and steamed vegetables. As I finished I went over to the pot and took out the steamed fish congee I had prepared for the boys. When I cooked it I hadn't added any salt and cooked it long enough that it was now literal sap, though it did smell nice. 

I moved the boys' baby chairs to the head of the dining table next to my chair and set their bowls on them. I made quick work of cleaning up the kitchen and then went up to get the boys. When I got to the cradle they were laying on their side as they munched on their toys while looking at each other. 

As they noticed me, they blinked and then cooed "it seems I came up at the right time, if I had been late would the two of you have eaten your toys?"

Though they didn't understand what I was saying they showed me their gummy smiles and two little teeth. Picking them up I covered them with kisses, their cute laughs echoing through the room. We returned downstairs, I placed them in their chairs and buckled them in before shifting their bowls away from where they could grip them.

I left them there and went to look for Commander Yong and his men, I found them in the back yard inspecting the fence.

"How diligent." I wasn't sure if they heard me but they all snapped their heads in my direction at the same time causing me to arch my brow. "It's time for dinner!"

With that I turned and returned to the dining room, looking at the twins as they reached for their bowls I shook my head and went over to feed them. As I did the group of seven arrived, instead of sitting they stood by the wall and observed me as I fed the boys. I didn't bother to think about why they didn't sit and just decided to focus on the boys for now as they ate with relish. 

 

 

 

10